Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 02:10 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wrong. My point was that it takes more than desire. It takes connections and money.

Old Glory gave an answer that is a little cold, but at least honest. My point is for all those who say that illegals should go back to Mexico and get in line - there is no line for them to get into; there is no legal means for the majority to become US citizens, so it's either be illegal or stay in Mexico.
And the answer is ---stay in Mexico. We don't want or need illegal aliens in this country.

There is a line for them to get into. It starts by going to the nearest US Embassy/consulate and filing an application. Of course, there is the chance that their application could be rejected---too bad, too sad. No one in this world---no matter what country they're from---is guaranteed entry in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 02:17 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wrong. My point was that it takes more than desire. It takes connections and money.

Old Glory gave an answer that is a little cold, but at least honest. My point is for all those who say that illegals should go back to Mexico and get in line - there is no line for them to get into; there is no legal means for the majority to become US citizens, so it's either be illegal or stay in Mexico.
It is done everyday. I see it. Is it easy? No it isn't but it is attainable. Should it be streamlined and made less expensive? Yes. I am sure you are an expert in this area, but I live in the desert southwest. Many of my neighbors and friends were at one time Mexican citizens. None of which were "connected". It is a process like immigration into any other country on the globe. It is actually easier to immigrate here than it is to other countries.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:55 PM

62,963 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And the answer is ---stay in Mexico. We don't want or need illegal aliens in this country.

There is a line for them to get into. It starts by going to the nearest US Embassy/consulate and filing an application. Of course, there is the chance that their application could be rejected---too bad, too sad. No one in this world---no matter what country they're from---is guaranteed entry in this country.
As I have often stated Mexicans and other Latinos are here by far in the largest numbers legally also. So just what is their beef?

Old 08-28-2015, 03:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Enough of the damn stupid noise your right. I rather, American Citizens, who are mentally ill or need help and our Vets get the help they deserve. Since they have not broken any laws.

Rather money go to these people, and not to those who break the law, and then have demands. You could never do this in Mexico, what illegals do in ours. Never, so who is stupid here. Hey OP why don't you go to Mexico with some of the same demands illegals demand from us. Let me know what happens once you make your demands!

Old 08-29-2015, 04:22 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Only Mexicans are here illegally huh? Smh. I live in NY. I don't know any mexicans, but I know plenty of Salvadorians, Jamaicans, hondurianos, Puerto ricans and Haitians. They work damn hard and have nice homes and often don't speak English. Good luck trying to deport all of them. I'm thinking they won't go without a fight....

Old 08-29-2015, 04:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Only Mexicans are here illegally huh? Smh. I live in NY. I don't know any mexicans, but I know plenty of Salvadorians, Jamaicans, hondurianos, Puerto ricans and Haitians. They work damn hard and have nice homes and often don't speak English. Good luck trying to deport all of them. I'm thinking they won't go without a fight....
They will go like sheep. There won't be any fight because they know they are ILLEGALLY HERE.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
They will go like sheep. There won't be any fight because they know they are ILLEGALLY HERE.
I agree with freightshaker here. Too; please don't put Puerto Ricans in there with ILLEGAL aliens, ALL PR's are US citizens.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:18 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Here's a fact for you --- Puerto Ricans are American citizens and have every right to be on US soil.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:28 AM

62,963 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Who said that only Mexicans are here illegally? The fact is though that they and other Latinos are here in the largest numbers illegally. How can they buy a home with all the red tape involved attaining a loan? They don't even have valid documents. Kind of a flippant remark "good luck deporting them" isn't it? Let them put up a fight then they'll lose.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:42 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It is done everyday. I see it. Is it easy? No it isn't but it is attainable. Should it be streamlined and made less expensive? Yes. I am sure you are an expert in this area, but I live in the desert southwest. Many of my neighbors and friends were at one time Mexican citizens. None of which were "connected". It is a process like immigration into any other country on the globe. It is actually easier to immigrate here than it is to other countries.
I am no expert in this area. I have simply read what is on the State Department website. There are two main categories to apply for an immigration visa:

- Sponsored by a close relative (spouse, parent or sibling) who is a US citizen or legal resident
- Sponsored by a prospective employer

There are a few visas granted to people with extraodinary abilities and some diversity visas for people from countries with low rates of immigration. Then there are student visas which are temporary.

So why would someone who is here illegally that doesn't fit into one of the above categories go back to Mexico, or wherever, knowing that they have zero chance of coming back legally? It's not like when our forefathers immigrated from Europe - back then pretty much anyone could show up at Ellis Island and be let in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration