Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:35 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,433,332 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have been reading discussions on illegals for some-time now. Trump is trying to stay controversial and so he engages in troll like rhetoric that is borderline racism targeted at our neighboring country.

I have read many opinions, unill I asked myself where do these illegals live. You see, I am in NJ but this is a suburb of NYC.
Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Now as long as were talking about MY neighbors (I don't know what the situation in Florida or Texas is like) But for my neighbors, I do wish the American dream.

So. NO you will not deport my Neighbors !

I am not going to give Liberals a free pass to pass laws that make no sense, but we can move in the direction of giving illegals means to get legalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 03:39 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,946,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Hi,

I have been reading discussions on illegals for some-time now. Trump is trying to stay controversial and so he engages in troll like rhetoric that is borderline racism targeted at our neighboring country.

I have read many opinions, unill I asked myself where do these illegals live. You see, I am in NJ but this is a suburb of NYC.
Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Now as long as were talking about MY neighbors (I don't know what the situation in Florida or Texas is like) But for my neighbors, I do wish the American dream.

I am not going to give Liberals a free pass to pass laws that make no sense, but we can move in the direction of giving illegals means to get legalized.
So you would give preferential treatment to those who entered illegally over those who have applied legally and are attempting to enter the country in the correct manner. Yeah, I get it.....

Old 08-16-2015, 03:41 PM

624 posts, read 379,662 times
And all the while, people who are going through the proper legal channels are waiting in line.

Though I dont support using resources to deport them unless they are illegally working at a job, illegally taking benefits, or have been arrested for a crime.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
So you would give preferential treatment to those who entered illegally over those who have applied legally and are attempting to enter the country in the correct manner. Yeah, I get it.....
Right after they are given a legal status, feel free to fine em, if it makes you feel better.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Right after they are given a legal status, feel free to fine em, if it makes you feel better.
So, they get legal status before someone who attempts lawfully to enter the country can even get in? Tell me how that is hardly fair to people who have jumped through all the hoops and are still waiting for entry. Sometimes the wait can be years. I want to hear your justification.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:47 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,133,273 times
Quote:
Hi,

Your post is a huge FAIL

Old 08-16-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
So, they get legal status before someone who attempts lawfully to enter the country can even get in? Tell me how that is hardly fair to people who have jumped through all the hoops and are still waiting for entry. Sometimes the wait can be years. I want to hear your justification.
what is there to justify? 20 years ago we had illegals just like now. They have being waiting for years while living in USA and contributing to our economy.

The thing is, while the area where I live is listed as having a significant population of illegals, Trumps entire political platform is based on the premise that we are plagued by illegal immigration and this is our number 1 problem....

Old 08-16-2015, 03:57 PM

Incidentally Op, I have a neighbor who is from Mexico. He and his family immigrated here legally about 7 years ago legally. I am going to copy your answer, so I can show him how stupid he was for doing things the right way, according to you. I will add, they are all now US citizens and productive. Now go ahead with your rant.

Old 08-16-2015, 04:01 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,296,530 times
Your neighbors are scum who didn't come to America honorably and don't deserve to be here, become a citizen , or any of the benefits afforded to American citizens.

Old 08-16-2015, 04:03 PM

6,266 posts, read 5,081,090 times
Quote:
Hi,

RE: what I bolded above:

If a government entity wanted to minimize the impact of illegals and crime, how do you think that they might do that? By describing the criminals as "white" maybe?

https://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10Mos...fugitives.aspx

Now there is a possibility that these disgusting, sub-human creatures are legal immigrants - those who spent thousands of dollars, filled out untold paperwork, traveled to numerous ICE interviews, were FBI fingerprinted and received a medical and an extensive criminal background. Possible. But raise your hand if anyone thinks that that is actually the case. Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Last edited by juneaubound; 08-16-2015 at 04:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration