Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,051,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
What's sad is that you actually believe that ALL this country's problems are the fault of Republicans, and that Democrats and liberals have no blame in any of it. Liberals and Democrats are saints who will lead the world back to peace and harmony.

.....and when did I state anything like that?

I never have, ....but true to the nature of many a partisan, you assume whatever suits your own pre-conceptions.

Talk about something sad......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 12:40 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,375,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
.....and when did I state anything like that?

I never have, ....but true to the nature of many a partisan, you assume whatever suits your own pre-conceptions.

Talk about something sad......
Oh please. You have stated over and over in many posts that the problems with America are the fault of Republicans/conservatives. I can site examples from your other posts if that will make you feel better.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:04 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,051,055 times
Quote:
Oh please. You have stated over and over in many posts that the problems with America are the fault of Republicans/conservatives. I can site examples from your other posts if that will make you feel better.

You're right, in only one respect, ....when there is a problem that's directly attributable to faulty Rethugnant policies, I have no reservations on clearly documenting and demonstrating exactly where that attribution lies,

...especially in response to an unbased erroneous assumption that it came from somewhere else.

If you care to look back at those posts, most of the time it was also in response to some loon who tried to attribute the faulty policy to the wrong party.

I'm not a Democrat, and I don't think the Democrats do such a great job of things as far as I'm concerned, but I do get particularly tired of the wingnuts blaming their own screwups on another party and then going ahead and continuing supporting what they complained about.

That's not too bright, what they blame on the wrong party, their own party conceived, ...and when they vote for them again, they get more of what they then try to blame on someone else.

I'm not averse to pointing out the idiocy of that particular exercise....

....but that doesn't mean I'm an apologist for screw-ups the Democrats do make.

I just think when it's time to assign blame for what one complains about, ...it makes more sense to assign that blame where it came from.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:56 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,375,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
You're right, in only one respect, ....when there is a problem that's directly attributable to faulty Rethugnant policies, I have no reservations on clearly documenting and demonstrating exactly where that attribution lies,

...especially in response to an unbased erroneous assumption that it came from somewhere else.

If you care to look back at those posts, most of the time it was also in response to some loon who tried to attribute the faulty policy to the wrong party.

I'm not a Democrat, and I don't think the Democrats do such a great job of things as far as I'm concerned, but I do get particularly tired of the wingnuts blaming their own screwups on another party and then going ahead and continuing supporting what they complained about.

That's not too bright, what they blame on the wrong party, their own party conceived, ...and when they vote for them again, they get more of what they then try to blame on someone else.

I'm not averse to pointing out the idiocy of that particular exercise....

....but that doesn't mean I'm an apologist for screw-ups the Democrats do make.

I just think when it's time to assign blame for what one complains about, ...it makes more sense to assign that blame where it came from.

Fair enough.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 AM

120 posts, read 128,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Our society is suffering a deep malaise from top to bottom. Public morality is in a downward spiral, social consciousness is weakening, there is little sense of obligation or duty, nor is any loyalty required. WE can't define what an American is, and we can't name any obligation that "the rich" have toward society, or toward the poor. We no longer judge the rightness or wrongness of our leaders' behavior, and we no longer judge MOST behavior at ALL.

Illegal Immigration is one symptom of this situation. The "bonds" of our society are disintegrating, business is no longer morally obligated to provide for workers; workers are no longer morally obligated to give an "honest day's work", and it's become simply a matter of 'bidding".....and the illegal immgrants are making the 'low bid'---they get the jobs, in the absence of any other factors...
Wow, You are one eloquent guy

Old 02-06-2008, 02:44 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,049,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Than obviously you should take another U.S History class.
Number of facts in your reply that dispute my assertions: 0

Old 02-06-2008, 05:35 AM

474 posts, read 602,620 times
Guy Pinestra: Boy did I goof. My parents came from Italy on April 25, 1914, not April 25, 1925. Got carried away with Massachusetts role in early American History. I know this, it was important to our parents, that English be learned as soon as possible. My youth was spent on our farm. We were dairy farmers and milk was peddled to the neighborhood in which we lived. Everyone wanted to help the "widow" who managed the farm. Yes, an Italo-American who was proud of her "English." By time I was seven years of age, I was collecting the "accounts." During the depression, "putting necessities on the books" was the only way to buy milk, bread and a soup bone." We were raised to love this country and my four brothers, almost all of our cousins etc. joined the service during WWII. My mother would always say "Yes, Italy is beautiful, but it is this land that gave us a living." Defend it. I guess what I am trying to say, America is a land whose birth is steeped in immigration. But it is also the land of the greatest Constitution in the world. Every society has rules and regulations to protects its members. And when we allow illegal immigration, people who do not care to learn English, defend our country etc. the American Dream begins to unravel. We are creating a sub-culture that doesn't salute our flag, obey our rules, respect our laws. We, the documented have to look at the Undocumented swagger into free health clinics, enroll in our welfare programs, drive without licenses, no car insurance, can't read road signs, cause accidents etc. And when they appear in court, the judge says, "No papers." And so they go free. Every appearance in court is their first time, because they change their names as the occasion warrants.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:38 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
What's sad is that you actually believe that ALL this country's problems are the fault of Republicans, and that Democrats and liberals have no blame in any of it. Liberals and Democrats are saints who will lead the world back to peace and harmony.

Well; if our governor (Janet Napolitano) is any indication; it may very well be the Democrats who 'crack the whip' and continue to run the illegals out of town-----------unrepentant Bleeding Hearts along with their Neo-Con partners in crime be damned

Old 02-06-2008, 05:41 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Guy Pinestra: Boy did I goof. My parents came from Italy on April 25, 1914, not April 25, 1925. Got carried away with Massachusetts role in early American History. I know this, it was important to our parents, that English be learned as soon as possible. My youth was spent on our farm. We were dairy farmers and milk was peddled to the neighborhood in which we lived. Everyone wanted to help the "widow" who managed the farm. Yes, an Italo-American who was proud of her "English." By time I was seven years of age, I was collecting the "accounts." During the depression, "putting necessities on the books" was the only way to buy milk, bread and a soup bone." We were raised to love this country and my four brothers, almost all of our cousins etc. joined the service during WWII. My mother would always say "Yes, Italy is beautiful, but it is this land that gave us a living." Defend it. I guess what I am trying to say, America is a land whose birth is steeped in immigration. But it is also the land of the greatest Constitution in the world. Every society has rules and regulations to protects its members. And when we allow illegal immigration, people who do not care to learn English, defend our country etc. the American Dream begins to unravel. We are creating a sub-culture that doesn't salute our flag, obey our rules, respect our laws. We, the documented have to look at the Undocumented swagger into free health clinics, enroll in our welfare programs, drive without licenses, no car insurance, can't read road signs, cause accidents etc. And when they appear in court, the judge says, "No papers." And so they go free. Every appearance in court is their first time, because they change their names as the occasion warrants.
Piece of trivia here:

Both our governor and our sheriff: Janet Napolitano and Joe Arpaio are of Italian heritage.

And you will note that here in Arizona the illegals are fleeing in terror.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,040 times
Yep, it's the desire to assimilate that makes the difference between immigrants and border-jumpers. It's the desire to deport those border-jumpers that makes the difference between an American and a 'Utopian'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration