Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:02 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,538,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
You are correct.

My failure to answer to your every insipid request is revealing....

...it reveals that I don't put much stock in rhetorical nonsense.
Rhetorical nonsense? This coming from one who uses "Rethugnant" and "Repugnant?"

Excuse me while I wipe my monitor.

Quote:
I call anyone who is corrupt just what they are, corrupt thugs.

Same with un-Americans.
Uh...no you don't. (See above: Rethugnant, Repugnant.)

Quote:
I haven't coined any term to deal with Democrats specifically, but that might change when they gain control of policy....
Only those in control of policy can be corrupt or un-American?

C'mon, now. You're pulling my leg, right?

Quote:
You seem to be only interested in placing others in some box which is convenient to your aim...
I'm placing people in a box? Where have I done that?

Quote:
...sorry to disappoint you, but since you don't know much about me or what my views entail, you'll have to deal with that anyway you care to...
No, I don't know much about you, but since the only places I've read "Repugnant" and "Rethugnant" are on far-left websites, I thought I'd ask you if you were one of them.

Quote:
...I don't feel as if I'm compelled to describe all my beliefs just for the purpose of gratifying your compunctions to label others.
My compunction to label others?

...hold on...

...now...that's better...

Repugnant? Rethugnant? Who's labelling who?

Quote:
Address the topics at hand without trying to pigeonhole everyone else into some ill-defined category, you might find it's easier to comprehend what's actually being said, instead of injecting all your bias into every response you might find the least bit uncomfortable..
*please God, make it stop*

Bias?

REPUGNANT? RETHUGNANT?

And you have the nerve to accuse me of bias?

*stops laughing, starts crying*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 02:13 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,050,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So there can be a radical right, but not a radical left?

What?

Just as there is a readily identifiable radical right, there is also an identifiable radical left.

The misconception arises when people label all people on either side of the middle as either radical rightists, or radical leftists.

While there are identifiable radical rightists in positions of power within the so-called Republican Party, those in positions of power within the Democratic Party are far from being radical leftists,

....like I said earlier, those people aren't even leftists anymore, they're moderates at best.

The radical left has been fairly non-existant in Democratic Party politics for quite some time now. (not that they ever did have much of a seat at the table)

That's why most Democrats in Congress enjoy such miserable popularity ratings, they can't even satisfy even the least of the liberal tendencies of the general population.

The so-called Democrats of today got Congressional seats on liberal promises, but they haven't been willing to advance those liberal promises, because they don't really favor them anymore.

It's a convenient label to call them liberals, but they aren't liberals....

..and to call any of the Democrats in positions of power today radical leftists is utter nonsense.

Even probably the most liberal, (Kucinich), is marginalized within the party by his own party members....

Last edited by User 2; 02-07-2008 at 02:23 PM..

Old 02-07-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Rhetorical nonsense?
Yes, your rhetorical nonsense.

I'd tell you to get ahold of yourself, but it's obvious you don't have a free hand.

I'm referring to your tendency to label other posters here according to your whims.

Labeliing a politician who is in the public eye through his own choice is a different matter...

....but that doesn't seem to be the only one of a number of distinctions you don't appear to see...

Old 02-07-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Yes, your rhetorical nonsense.

I'd tell you to get ahold of yourself, but it's obvious you don't have a free hand.

I'm referring to your tendency to label other posters here according to your whims.

Labeliing a politician who is in the public eye through his own choice is a different matter...

....but that doesn't seem to be the only one of a number of distinctions you don't appear to see...
According to my whims?

Your use of derogatory terms is equivalent to my whim?

Your posts are never-ending source of entertainment, User. I'll give you that.

When you use the terms Rethugnant and Rupugnant, you are not labelling a politician. You are labelling a huge portion of the American electorate.

(psst...your bias is showing)

Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
According to my whims?
Yep, according to your whims, ....numerous instances abound.

Just like when you label anyone on this board as being a 'pro-illegal'.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,298,037 times
Demorats - that's my name for people like Reid and company

Old 02-07-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Yep, according to your whims, ....numerous instances abound.

Just like when you label anyone on this board as being a 'pro-illegal'.

Unbelievable.

Your defense of using biased derogatory terms is my use of the word pro-illegal? Are you serious?

For your information, I don't label "anyone on this board" as being a pro-illegal. I reserve that title for those that espouse pro-illegal policies. Seems rather fitting, no?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:40 PM

...your actions demonstrate a distinct difference between reality and your self-assessment.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,171,072 times
Quote:
...your actions demonstrate a distinct difference between reality and your self-assessment.
I am anti illegal immigrant.

So; what is your position concerning the above, may I ask?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,570,432 times
Quote:
I could ADMIT to you that I was a liar, but I doubt you'd believe me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration