Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 04:30 AM

128 posts, read 94,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm glad we are dropping the facade of this subject being about your "friend"
FYI, I have never hired an illegal alien. I'm just a one man show business!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 04:33 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,978,377 times
I read this a lot--that Obama removed more people from the US than Bush. Take a look at the numbers that have flooded into the US compared with Bush. Over the summer the people that flooded through our borders were even wearing Obama shoes--tennis shoes with Obama's picture on it. Of course Obama is going to have a higher rate of deportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Read the cited article. It makes it clear that "deported" has no meaning.

It also makes it clear Obama removed more people from the US than Bush no matter how you count it.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:15 AM

59,540 posts, read 27,680,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
And how is that working out for the majority with manufacturing going overseas and residential construction being done by non tax paying workers.

So the majority has to pay higher taxes to support the welfare people and the "capitalists" are laughing all the way to the bank.
This is why I will not buy products made overseas if I can buy American made and will never employ non Americans.
It's the capitalists who have f___ed up this country.
"And how is that working out for the majority with manufacturing going overseas"

The U.S is STILL the NO.2 manufacturing country in the world, so there are STILL MANY manufacturing jobs in the U.S.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
To be fair: look at the wages compared to the cost of living in an area.
"To be fair" he is a union shop and pays the prevailing union (IBEW) contract wages.

The problem is too many parents insist that junior go to college rather then going int the trades.

Those that are left are the lazy who think the world "owes" them a good paying job but, don't want to do the work.

The have been brought up with "a trophy for everyone", "let's NOT hurt their feelings" etc.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
When greedy employers claim they can't find good help, that is code for "I like illegals because they work cheap, long hours and can't complain or do anything about it."
Who do contractors hire where there aren't a lot of illegals? Are there no contractors?
Another friend of mine grew his masonry business over a 25 year span. He had alot of epensive equipment to do the jobs.

He say a big building going up. One he had done business with for many years.

He saw a lot of Hispanics working there.
He found out that the current mason contractor got paid from the general contractor, cashed the checks and then paid the new workers cash.

He reported the contractor to the County. Thankfully the County Executive took action and shut him down.

Unfortunately it was too late for my friend and he went out of business before the county action was taken with all the red tape involved.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:32 AM

26,171 posts, read 22,351,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"And how is that working out for the majority with manufacturing going overseas"

The U.S is STILL the NO.2 manufacturing country in the world, so there are STILL MANY manufacturing jobs in the U.S.
Yes, we have manufacturing jobs here and a generous supply of illegal labor. Jobs start at one plant here at $7.25 an hour but this plant does not e-verify. If the company e-verifies, wages are higher and benefits better especially for those plants that don't have products that compete with foreign goods.

As far as citizen workers, they are becoming more strict on those that get public assistance so unless the young ones are going to be supported by family, they might find themselves hungry.

We have a tech school here that fills up but, sadly, most have to leave the area for work. They used to teach construction trades in the high school, build a house and auction it each year but illegals work cheaper, don't complain about conditions and if injured, it is off the record although they use the emergency room for free.

Again, the discussion should be unnecessary since it is a legal matter not a social one.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
DUDE .. Its the Conservative (sic) Right /wing nuts that want and allow more illegals.. Its cheap labor for their businesses.. Obama had deported more illegals in 6.5 years the GW Bush The WAR GOD deported in 8 years .. Turn Off Faux News buddy.. as for ACA AGAIN learn to read.. and TURNOFF FAUX News! I went back and read a bunch of your previous post... you definitely need to chill and TURN OFF FAUX NEWS and Read something beside KKK Blogs ..
" Its the Conservative (sic) Right /wing nuts that want and allow more illegals.. Its cheap labor for their businesses."

Take off your partisan blinders. There are just as many LIBERALS in business as Conservatives.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
America is expelling illegal immigrants at nine times the rate of 20 years ago; nearly 2m so far under Barack Obama, easily outpacing any previous president.

In April, the Los Angeles Times wrote:

A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data. Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-statistics/

Uh; when the "lib" Wash Post speaks out AGAINST Obama, that's pretty damn bad.
"America is expelling illegal immigrants at nine times the rate of 20 years ago;" And the O admin is cooking the books to show those numbers.

When someone is turned away at the border the O admin COUNTS THAT AS a DEPORTATION.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,057,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowtreatments View Post
I find it interesting the same people that constantly complain about not making a living wage. Are the same people that If you showed up at their door step to do some work. Would scream and complain that we're too expensive. I guess business owners are not allowed to make a living.
I find it interesting that one thinks it's OK to bring in an illegal workforce to compete and drive down wages of your fellow Americans.................. are you really being serious with that reply? Everything has gone up including what these business owners charge but wages should stay thirty years behind............ sounds like greed to me and perhaps someone enjoys paying low wages.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, we have manufacturing jobs here and a generous supply of illegal labor. Jobs start at one plant here at $7.25 an hour but this plant does not e-verify. If the company e-verifies, wages are higher and benefits better especially for those plants that don't have products that compete with foreign goods.

As far as citizen workers, they are becoming more strict on those that get public assistance so unless the young ones are going to be supported by family, they might find themselves hungry.

We have a tech school here that fills up but, sadly, most have to leave the area for work. They used to teach construction trades in the high school, build a house and auction it each year but illegals work cheaper, don't complain about conditions and if injured, it is off the record although they use the emergency room for free.

Again, the discussion should be unnecessary since it is a legal matter not a social one.
"but this plant does not e-verify" I thought it was the law to E-Verify. I could be wrong.

If you believe they are NOT legal, turn them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration