Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 12:00 PM

26,045 posts, read 22,245,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but this plant does not e-verify" I thought it was the law to E-Verify. I could be wrong.

If you believe they are NOT legal, turn them in.
Employers in KS are not required to use e-verify. Map: https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...rify-laws.html

Add Obama: Fewer Businesses Targeted for Illegal Immigrant Hires Under Obama Policy

Most employers do not e-verify here. I checked the listings here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify

Kansas likes to roll out the red carpet for illegals while closing the door on citizens that are disabled or elderly and poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 12:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,298,881 times
General contractors like illegals because they can't qualify to liscence themselves to become competition. So it decreases who is allowed to operate in the construction field.

If they hired legals, then those people can themselves become liscenced contractors.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:05 PM

59,370 posts, read 27,536,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Employers in KS are not required to use e-verify. Map: https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...rify-laws.html

Add Obama: Fewer Businesses Targeted for Illegal Immigrant Hires Under Obama Policy

Most employers do not e-verify here. I checked the listings here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify

Kansas likes to roll out the red carpet for illegals while closing the door on citizens that are disabled or elderly and poor.
As I said, "I could be wrong"

If this company is using illegal workers why doesn't someone turn them in?

Old 01-04-2016, 02:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,940,244 times
Quote:

i DID turn in a company to ICE using illegal aliens; nothing was done, this was in 2014.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:31 PM

63,123 posts, read 29,304,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
Stated he would love to hire Americans but can't find good help. Today's youths just do not want to get their hand's dirty.

Sick of hearing this. Perhaps today's "youth" don't want to, but I sure as hell know there are people in their 30's, 40's, and beyond who DO, but are completely shut out of the market because they don't find living in illegal apartments with 10 grown men (and their baby mommas and multiple children) very attractive.
Exactly! Anyone who claims they can't find good American help is just BSing. Anyone who pays illegals under the table aren't looking for good American workers at a fair wage anyway.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:41 PM

31,166 posts, read 22,204,033 times
I worked Construction long enough to know I didn't want to do it for more than a couple of years. I'm sure we need a certain percent of Immigrant workers to do all jobs, I just don't agree with any Illegal immigration, and when you include felons they definitely don't belong.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:11 PM

26,045 posts, read 22,245,465 times
Quote:
"America is expelling illegal immigrants at nine times the rate of 20 years ago;" And the O admin is cooking the books to show those numbers.

When someone is turned away at the border the O admin COUNTS THAT AS a DEPORTATION.
I think also that is the reason they say they aren't coming in from Mexico so much anymore. They stop some at the border, the ones without the connections the Mexicans have, so count those countries while Mexicans flow in unnoticed.

Quote:

No one cares. It is pretty much hands off since Obama blessed them. Big business and politicians, bought and paid for, support illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
i DID turn in a company to ICE using illegal aliens; nothing was done, this was in 2014.
If Trump gets in and allows immigration law to be enforced, it could quickly through these businesses. I am guessing they know where the illegals are working but need a "go ahead" in order to start sweeps again.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:15 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,282,042 times
If you believe he is pay even $10 an hour...... have I got a bunch of neat stuff to sell you for almost FREE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. That's almost 20 dollars an HOUR.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:26 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,282,042 times
Do you make this stuff up or is this all off some nutty bog you follow..
Obama has Deported more illegals than BOTH Bushs' COMBINED!! Sweeps don't work well and are VERY COSTLY! That's why GW Bush LET THEM ALL COME IN.. Deporting 1000 Illegals would cost Tax Payers Close to $3,000,000.00 Just to deport 1,000,000 of then ( a drop in the bucket ) would cost tax payers $3,000,000,000.00 Its Against The Law to Hire Illegals ...Punish Employers... Employers will stop hiring them and it doesn't have to cost more for anything ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think also that is the reason they say they aren't coming in from Mexico so much anymore. They stop some at the border, the ones without the connections the Mexicans have, so count those countries while Mexicans flow in unnoticed.

No one cares. It is pretty much hands off since Obama blessed them. Big business and politicians, bought and paid for, support illegal immigration.

If Trump gets in and allows immigration law to be enforced, it could quickly through these businesses. I am guessing they know where the illegals are working but need a "go ahead" in order to start sweeps again.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,940,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
If you believe he is pay even $10 an hour...... have I got a bunch of neat stuff to sell you for almost FREE!
Then YOU tell "windowtreatments" that he's full of it. That poster said 150 dollars a DAY, that almost 20 an hour if talking about an 8 hour day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration