Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why do you want it to be changed? I thought the law was the law and it should be enforced?
It's not the spirit of the law. It's how it is being flouted.

The United States has a sovereign right to regulate the flow across its borders. I do not know any rational person who would argue against this. That is why we have immigration laws. That is why people who seek legitimate entry to this country have to apply for it. But people who get entry in this fashion are more than welcome.

However, somebody who illegally crosses the border is violating the sovereignty of the United States, not to mention its laws.

So, assuming all that, why reward someone who sneaks across the border for the express purpose of having a child and gaining the benefits of residency? It is a slap in the face to those who try to gain residency and employment through legitimate, legal means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM

440 posts, read 329,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
OMG! I write to the two traitors also and get the same letter inviting me to DC for coffee and donuts. If you ever decide to go, let me know. We can pool our expenses to save money.
I recently got a fundraising solicitation letter via email from Dickie Boy. Needless to say I promptly responded by letting him no in no uncertain terms that after 37 years of his do nothing behind, I'm voting for change. Haven't heard back yet.

As for going to DC, that just may be do-able in the near future. Will definitely let you know.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:45 PM

407 posts, read 800,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
To blacknight04's point of this thread, touche'.

Too many times when discussing immigration laws on this board I have heard "the law is the law" the immigrants are illegal, deport them.

I even have negative reps saying: "promoting the breaking of US Federal Laws" LOL.

Well here we are, law is the law, the derogatory term "anchor babies" is law, you are promoting the breaking of laws.
Sorry but it is not the law and has been misintrepeted for decades now and of course the people who want illegals for whatever reason are the ones who misinterpret it purposely. BTW, the illegals and the Latinos are not in any kind of civil rights struggle and I am sick of hearing that.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Wow!

*head slowly stops spinning*

Who is promoting the breaking of laws? What on earth are you talking about?
It sounds like they do a lot of spinning of the facts if you ask me.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Sorry but it is not the law and has been misintrepeted for decades now and of course the people who want illegals for whatever reason are the ones who misinterpret it purposely. BTW, the illegals and the Latinos are not in any kind of civil rights struggle and I am sick of hearing that.

ITA. Their struggle in one word: Cowards

Old 02-08-2008, 08:11 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
ITA. Their struggle in one word: Cowards
Any "special consideration" was always meant to help African Americans ONLY. It did not extend to other "minorities".

Just because some hispanic person comes in here illegally, it does not mean that I have to give them special privileges. We didn't DO anything to them, as we did the African Americans. For goodness sakes, they just GOT here, and they think they deserve special rights? Gimme a break.

Why do they think they get special rights? We did not discriminate against them in the first place, any more than discriminating against Irish, or German, or French. Plus, they're not even legal!!

I want special rights, too, because I am Dutch. "What about the rights of Dutch people"?!, I will scream as I put the Dutch flag above the American one as I march down the streets of American cities.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:50 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,655 times
the pro illegals on here know what the law states, they know it's being manipulated (loophole)... of course they will come in here and state, well
I am not pro illegal.. (laughing) but spew all kinds of bull about why we should allow this to continue. Wonder why none (pro's) ever admit being
on the other side of the fence? maybe it just a bit too dirty on that side of the fence, maybe it's guilt?, maybe the hidden agenda is a bit "related" to those from the other side of the fence? It's funny how the pro's can spew all this pro crap.. but yet be "on" the fence, guess it's safer to state being on the fence, than state being on the "wrong" side of it...

Old 02-08-2008, 09:02 AM

65 posts, read 122,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
Once again, the 14th amendment's intent was to grant citizenship to freed slaves in the civil war ear. It is being misinterpreted and was not meant to be a means of illegal immigration.
The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution
You have said it well. It seems two posters on here are confused.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMan View Post
You have said it well. It seems two posters on here are confused.
I honestly don't think they are confused at all. I believe they are absolutely pro-illegal and wish to destroy this country and all it stands for.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Any "special consideration" was always meant to help African Americans ONLY. It did not extend to other "minorities".

Just because some hispanic person comes in here illegally, it does not mean that I have to give them special privileges. We didn't DO anything to them, as we did the African Americans. For goodness sakes, they just GOT here, and they think they deserve special rights? Gimme a break.

Why do they think they get special rights? We did not discriminate against them in the first place, any more than discriminating against Irish, or German, or French. Plus, they're not even legal!!

I want special rights, too, because I am Dutch. "What about the rights of Dutch people"?!, I will scream as I put the Dutch flag above the American one as I march down the streets of American cities.
Agreed and therein lies the problem and why the backlash against illegal Mexicans is so great. While I do not condone anyone's illegal presence what infuriates me is Calderon who can't control his own cesspool financially raiding America and trying to dictate policy here so that he and the oligarchies can enjoy the fruits of America's tax dollars; the racist agendas, the whining, moaning, complaining, Mexican rag waiving and demanding bilingual everything as if we are Amexico and the total overall disrespect of American culture and rule of law, is utterly infuriating.

Earthmother and Arizonabound, ITA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration