Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 07:54 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,410,340 times

Advertisements

There is a true shortage and it has been going on for some time. All you need to do is walk around here and you'll see "now hiring" signs on nearly every restaurant and clear signs of a lack of staff in restaurants as evidenced by long wait times for food, slow service and overstressed wait staff and bussers scurrying around trying to hold down 2-3 sections at once. The writing is on the wall here. I'm not saying anything about hiring illegal immigrants. My point is that there is high demand for low pay low education labor and immigration is clearly the principal source for this labor need. We need to increase legal immigration, make it accessible for these low paying entry-level jobs, and streamline the process.

If there really is a large pool of people seeking these low paying jobs I implore them to come to the Twin Cities as there are literally hundreds of restaurants that would hire them off the streets and put them to work as a dishwasher, line cook, server, busser, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 08:38 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,898,840 times
Angry Stop Justifing breaking the law!

Illegal is still wrong even how much any try's to justify the reason. If you going down that road we have homeless citizens everywhere living on the street and shelters. I would hire them over a person who knowingly broke the law and probably commit Identity fraud.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:06 PM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
There is a true shortage and it has been going on for some time. All you need to do is walk around here and you'll see "now hiring" signs on nearly every restaurant and clear signs of a lack of staff in restaurants as evidenced by long wait times for food, slow service and overstressed wait staff and bussers scurrying around trying to hold down 2-3 sections at once. The writing is on the wall here. I'm not saying anything about hiring illegal immigrants. My point is that there is high demand for low pay low education labor and immigration is clearly the principal source for this labor need. We need to increase legal immigration, make it accessible for these low paying entry-level jobs, and streamline the process.

If there really is a large pool of people seeking these low paying jobs I implore them to come to the Twin Cities as there are literally hundreds of restaurants that would hire them off the streets and put them to work as a dishwasher, line cook, server, busser, etc.

Not many want to live in the frigid Northeast. I am sure the weather would be a factor. I live in Calif. and they aren't begging for workers. American workers are begging for the work.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,967,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
True, but illegal aliens have taken full time blue-collared jobs also such as construction, landscaping, etc. that Americans used to do for a fair wage and were their sole income.
They are also a lot more dirtier to work around. They are not the same with their hygiene as most Americans. Instead of putting toilet paper in the toilet, it goes on the floor of the outhouse. Instead of putting their lunch papers and such in the garbage they leave it where they had their lunch. They tend to stay to their selves and rarely want to intermingle with other workers/contractors. Tend to not speak English and rarely know what a person is asking the, yet they do know. There are ones who try to fit in and they are noticed, the others, most people wish they would leave the construction site. They also, do a lot of outhouse tagging, this leaves Americans always trying to remove it.

This has also limited the places I go to eat.....

Old 09-18-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not many want to live in the frigid Northeast.
Northeast? What, like Duluth? Minnesota is in the midwest, sir Alot of Californians come here for work...also to escape the draughts, polluted air, gridlocked traffic and exorbitant housing costs.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:38 AM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Northeast? What, like Duluth? Minnesota is in the midwest, sir Alot of Californians come here for work...also to escape the draughts, polluted air, gridlocked traffic and exorbitant housing costs.

It's the Northeast to me. Just as many people do not want to live where it's freezing cold in the winter no matter what jobs are available.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:49 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,967,235 times
Quote:
Just a little secret not all of California is like this, but don't tell anyone.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just a little secret not all of California is like this, but don't tell anyone.
Yeah I know. And I actually love California. If I ever relocated to another state it would probably be there.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:29 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,627,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As long as you have one of the richest countrys in the world next to one of the poorest you are going to have to tolerate some measure of illegal demographic, In Americas case OK its 3%. while i can see a tightening of immigration you are never going to rid the country of its entrenched illegal demographic.
As for e-verify? what a joke=
ALEX NOWRASTEH: E-Verify does little to halt illegal immigration - Press Enterprise
e-verify kinda goes against those wanting smaller government as with e verify the government has the right to check your papers anytime they like.
Mexico is nowhere near one of the poorest countries in the world. They're richer than the majority of countries in Africa, most in Latin America, and many in Asia. https://www.gfmag.com/global-data/ec...-world?page=12

E-verify is an example of big government being necessary to protect citizens. They're not checking your papers anytime you like, just when you apply for a job. The same way I have to show my driver's license to buy alcohol or to a police officer if I'm pulled over, I have no problem with a potential employer verifying that I'm able to work legally in this country. And I have no problem with the government demanding employers prove they are within the law.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:51 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,488,762 times
Data shows Illegal alien labor have been harming/impacting employment, especially black employment, for many years now:

How Illegal Immigration Hurts Black America – The Root

Writer: Illegal Immigration Stifles Black Community : NPR

Quote:
Mr. JEFFERSON: There is an Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid in October of 2008 that came in and found 300 undocumented workers at the Raeford Farms, Columbia Farms processing plant in Columbia, South Carolina. And Raeford Farms was presumably spooked by that as they had been hiring undocumented immigrants for all their plants. And they systematically began firing all their undocumented workers in within less than a year. What had been an 80 percent Latino production line became a 70 percent African-American production line.
Quote:
Prof. SWAIN: Its not an isolated incident. Its been that kind probably for the last 10 or 15 years. Theres been story after story of factories and plants in the South, where the white and African-American workers were laid off or gradually replaced with immigrant labor.
And here's that confuses me most. Why do so many blacks still support the libs/the demcrats with their amnesty talk and our border is secure nonsense?

Hillary Clinton: We Have Secured The Border, Now Let's Get on With Immigration Reform | Video | RealClearPolitics!

""And the result is that we have the most secure border we have ever had," she said. "Which just strengthens my argument that now it is time to do comprehensive immigration reform.""

So if we want to play the dem/liberal racist card game, I think it's logical to say one is racist if they support illegal immigration as it impacts legal citizens job opportunities, especially black employment. And you know what? I think this is a case where the race card can be played as it can't be logically torn apart on this topic.

Last edited by stevek64; 09-18-2016 at 05:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration