Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 03:11 PM

334 posts, read 663,493 times

Advertisements

If you came to this country legally, then welcome and good luck. If you came her illegally, this country owes you nothing. Don't cry that I "broke up your family" -- you did when you left them and came here illegally. And by the way, pal, climbing over a fence does not make you an immigrant, it makes you an illegal, like the term or not. If I break into your house and clean the floors and do the dishes, I am still breaking and entering, so don't give me that crap about you just came here to do honest work. You are no more an immigrant than a house robber is a tenant. And if our illegal loving president thinks a wall is such a bad idea, why did they increase the height of the one around the white house when he was residing there?

Old 12-31-2016, 03:18 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,368,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
If you came to this country legally, then welcome and good luck. If you came her illegally, this country owes you nothing. Don't cry that I "broke up your family" -- you did when you left them and came here illegally. And by the way, pal, climbing over a fence does not make you an immigrant, it makes you an illegal, like the term or not. If I break into your house and clean the floors and do the dishes, I am still breaking and entering, so don't give me that crap about you just came here to do honest work. You are no more an immigrant than a house robber is a tenant. And if our illegal loving president thinks a wall is such a bad idea, why did they increase the height of the one around the white house when he was residing there?
As always the wrong issue. No one is defending coming her illegally. The question is what to do about the 11 million who are here illegally, many of whom have been here for a decade or more.

To run them down and throw them out will cost tens of billion and take a decade or more and then we end up with a huge government entity with no good role.

And such an action has little support and no congressional support to fund it.

So the choice is to do something to get it under control which likely requires legalizing most or doing nothing which supports the status quo and leaves us vulnerable to a new wave of illegals.

It appears do nothing will be the winner with Trump.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:30 PM

22,484 posts, read 12,029,286 times
Quote:

Old 12-31-2016, 04:16 PM

3,705 posts, read 4,859,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
As always the wrong issue. No one is defending coming her illegally. The question is what to do about the 11 million who are here illegally, many of whom have been here for a decade or more.

To run them down and throw them out will cost tens of billion and take a decade or more and then we end up with a huge government entity with no good role.

So the choice is to do something to get it under control which likely requires legalizing most or doing nothing which supports the status quo and leaves us vulnerable to a new wave of illegals.

All I hear is that nothing can be done. It seems many just want to cave in and accept that they are here. I refuse to do that. I think we should make every effort to follow the law of the land and start searching out these illigals and deporting their asses right back where they came from. I don't care how long they have been here. time doesn't make them legal. They are still illegals who absolutely don't belong here!

Just having them here is costing us billions so we're spending it anyway. Might as well spend it to get rid of the leeches. And yes, I understand that it will be very hard to do and there is probably no way we can get rid of every one of them. BUT, if we make them legal all that will do is show those who are thinking of crossing over that they will eventually be let in. In other words, it will do absolutely nothing to slow down these invaders. However, starting to crack down on them and search them out and deport them would send a message that we aren't screwing around anymore. Perhaps that will make many who are thinking about coming here change there minds and not come at all as well as make some of those here self deport if they see no way of ever bringing their 30 or so rug rats over here!

I feel we must go after them from different angles to show others that we mean business and that these illegals are no longer welcome in our country.

Search out overstays. deport
Have raids on known places that employ illegals. deport. and fine the employers enough to make it hurt. 10,000 per illegal at minimum.
Deport on the spot, upon entry without proper visa
let the police hold them
I would think that would help thin the numbers.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:30 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
kn
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
All I hear is that nothing can be done. It seems many just want to cave in and accept that they are here. I refuse to do that. I think we should make every effort to follow the law of the land and start searching out these illigals and deporting their asses right back where they came from. I don't care how long they have been here. time doesn't make them legal. They are still illegals who absolutely don't belong here!

Just having them here is costing us billions so we're spending it anyway. Might as well spend it to get rid of the leeches. And yes, I understand that it will be very hard to do and there is probably no way we can get rid of every one of them. BUT, if we make them legal all that will do is show those who are thinking of crossing over that they will eventually be let in. In other words, it will do absolutely nothing to slow down these invaders. However, starting to crack down on them and search them out and deport them would send a message that we aren't screwing around anymore. Perhaps that will make many who are thinking about coming here change there minds and not come at all as well as make some of those here self deport if they see no way of ever bringing their 30 or so rug rats over here!

I feel we must go after them from different angles to show others that we mean business and that these illegals are no longer welcome in our country.

Have raids on known places that employ illegals. deport. and fine the employers enough to make it hurt. 10,000 per illegal at minimum.
let the police hold them

Also deny them any benefits and deny birthright citizenship for their kids. All of this has been reiterated in here before but the same ones who have read these solutions over and over in here won't even acknowledge them. It's as if we haven't even offered any. I ask again how does legalizing them solve the problem? They would still be here retaining American jobs, using our social and natural resources and more would be encouraged to come. We tried amnesty back in 1986 and that's exactly what happened.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post

let the police hold them
You have over 25 years of history that say it is not going to happen. You have the clear statement of Paul Ryan that there will be no new funding for immigration reform. You have ongoing polls showing that well less than a quarter of the population favors mass deporting. You have the entire business community resisting any attempt to increase the bite of eVerify.

So your real choice is to continue deporting 400,000 a year which are pretty much replaced or make some form of a deal to reduce the number so that the resource is sufficient to control it. That is probably around a half or three quarters of a million. And hopefully as part of the arrangement we can get some tightening of employment and other laws.

And as we delay doing anything constructive we run the constant risk of another spike in incoming.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:39 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
This Country is waking up. But, here in CA, politicians and law enforcement are more focused on legal firearm owners than law breakers from south of the border. Probably because law enforcement in all forms is a cash cow vs chasing down tax dodgers, identity thieves and other type of illegal behavior. Follow the money.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:16 PM

334 posts, read 663,493 times
Quote:

Wrong. Wrong. To do nothing about it, is defending it. It is saying that the laws are really unjust and therefore should not be enforeced. Which is nonsense.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Wrong. To do nothing about it, is defending it. It is saying that the laws are really unjust and therefore should not be enforeced. Which is nonsense.
Uhh no. It says a number of politicians screwed up in the late 80s and allowed a situation to grown out of control. And now we have to figure out how to solve it.

And I am pushing that we do something to solve it. You are pushing that we do not. It is only a practical argument. What we should have done was enforce the law in the late 80s and early 90s. But we did not.

You got only a couple of choices. Go out and drive to spend 10 or 15 billion more each year and deport the illegals. Or legalize most. Or do nothing which says we go on as we have been.

Not really hard stuff if you think about it.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Uhh no. It says a number of politicians screwed up in the late 80s and allowed a situation to grown out of control. And now we have to figure out how to solve it.

And I am pushing that we do something to solve it. You are pushing that we do not. It is only a practical argument. What we should have done was enforce the law in the late 80s and early 90s. But we did not.

You got only a couple of choices. Go out and drive to spend 10 or 15 billion more each year and deport the illegals. Or legalize most. Or do nothing which says we go on as we have been.

Not really hard stuff if you think about it.
Since Obama played the illegal aliens for fools like as in their kind NEVER got amnesty; I DON'T think Trump will be any "better".

It's over. Either the illegals will leave or, they'll be forced out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.