Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,396,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
So give us a number. How much money is spent per year in illegals and remittances that we will never get back

Zero plus or minus five billion. That does not include remittances. But then again most of that is legal aliens. And how would you decide how much of the remittances should be counted?

I would be willing to accept that we give priority to those who have really settled here and have a stable residence. After they are all dealt with we can deal with those here to send money home. Both legal and illegal.

So after we legalize those who have been here for more than ten years we can do those more than 5 years. Once we get it down to say half a million we throw them out if not legal. And we have a hard discussion about the legal ones.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:58 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,137,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Zero plus or minus five billion. That does not include remittances. But then again most of that is legal aliens. And how would you decide how much of the remittances should be counted?

I would be willing to accept that we give priority to those who have really settled here and have a stable residence. After they are all dealt with we can deal with those here to send money home. Both legal and illegal.

So after we legalize those who have been here for more than ten years we can do those more than 5 years. Once we get it down to say half a million we throw them out if not legal. And we have a hard discussion about the legal ones.

Ignorance is bliss.

Several billion dollars a year for the 380,000 illegals in prison. 650 million in one year in one county for one year for welfare. Not counting healthcare or education.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:04 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,396,257 times
Quote:
Ignorance is bliss.

Several billion dollars a year for the 380,000 illegals in prison. 650 million in one year in one county for one year for welfare. Not counting healthcare or education.
The cost of using workers is that you have to imprison those who do bad things. So what? The work they do drive a part of the economy. And actually it is pretty easy to establish that the illegals are more law abiding than the natives. So when you get rid of illegals crime goes up.

You also have the question of why they are incarcerated. Remove those for immigration offenses and see what is left.

Numbers for LA county are always weird. And I do not believe they differentiate between legals and illegal aliens. And the kids are American citizens with standard rights.

Your post indicates you don't really understand this stuff...

Old 01-07-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
The cost of using workers is that you have to imprison those who do bad things. So what? The work they do drive a part of the economy. And actually it is pretty easy to establish that the illegals are more law abiding than the natives. So when you get rid of illegals crime goes up.

You also have the question of why they are incarcerated. Remove those for immigration offenses and see what is left.

Numbers for LA county are always weird. And I do not believe they differentiate between legals and illegal aliens. And the kids are American citizens with standard rights.

Your post indicates you don't really understand this stuff...
Another load of lies.

Any group of people will have less crime then inner city black youth.

Cost of using workers? There aren't 30 million people picking strawberries.

Los Angeles county stated ILLEGALS

I understand it fine. I'm not an illegal immigrant sympathizer.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
So when you get rid of illegals crime goes up.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:30 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,818,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
If you came to this country legally, then welcome and good luck. If you came her illegally, this country owes you nothing. Don't cry that I "broke up your family" -- you did when you left them and came here illegally. And by the way, pal, climbing over a fence does not make you an immigrant, it makes you an illegal, like the term or not. If I break into your house and clean the floors and do the dishes, I am still breaking and entering, so don't give me that crap about you just came here to do honest work. You are no more an immigrant than a house robber is a tenant. And if our illegal loving president thinks a wall is such a bad idea, why did they increase the height of the one around the white house when he was residing there?
Here's my opinion and I'd like to hear what you think.

Back in the civil rights era, it was illegal at one point in time for blacks to drink at a white person's water fountain, use their restroom, be in the same classrooms, etc.. and vice-versa. You could be thrown in jail if you violated it.
Now, that was technically illegal by law. The question is, is that right and morally jusified?

Summary of my argument: The law may say currently it's illegal, but that doesn't give you a morally justified reason to kick everyone out. In addition, there's practical problems that presents this kind of task too, where's funding going to come from to go through legal procedures to do such a thing, etc..

Old 01-07-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Here's my opinion and I'd like to hear what you think.

Back in the civil rights era, it was illegal at one point in time for blacks to drink at a white person's water fountain, use their restroom, be in the same classrooms, etc.. and vice-versa. You could be thrown in jail if you violated it.
Now, that was technically illegal by law. The question is, is that right and morally jusified?

Summary of my argument: The law may say currently it's illegal, but that doesn't give you a morally justified reason to kick everyone out. In addition, there's may practical problems that presents this kind of task too, where's funding going to come from to go through legal procedures to do such a thing, etc..
Treating black Americans equally and illegal alien foreigners sneaking into a country are not the same thing.

Try again

Old 01-07-2017, 10:35 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,818,685 times
Quote:
Treating black Americans equally and illegal alien foreigners sneaking into a country are not the same thing.

Try again
My point was, it's not as easy to just say, kick them all out.

Let's say one's parents brought a child here when he/she was still young.

Now you can justify a reason to kick the parents out. What about the child? The child didn't even know/understand what was law at that age. How can you justify that?

Old 01-07-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
My point was, it's not as easy to just say, kick them all out.

Let's say one's parents brought a child here when he/she was still young.

Now you can justify a reason to kick the parents out. What about the child? The child didn't even know/understand what was law at that age. How can you justify that?
They're illegal. These are not hard and fast rules

If I rob a bank and give my kid $50,000 and I get caught, my kid can't keep the money.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:54 PM

I would also like to add you can blame the parents. Its not our problem.

Sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration