Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 02:23 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,137,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
So I know you like to point fingers right now, just like how Americans typically are.

Now let's put your money where your mouth is. Let's increase taxes to pay for this deportation effort, then revert it back and see if the economy improves.

Meaning ARE YOU 100% SURE this is the ABSOLUTE EXACT CAUSE of our economic problems? Because if it is, then please, tax and pay for it. Because you rather spend the money to deport people than actually spending it on the economy.
You should so some more research on illegal immigration and what comes with it.

Crime and imprisonment. $$$$$$$

ILLEGALS using hospitals as a doctor's office. $$$$$$$$

ILLEGALS go to school and so do anchors. $$$$$$$$$

Welfare. WIC. Housing. Etc. $$$$$$$$$$

ILLEGALS have caused trillions to be added to the debt the last 3 decades.

The government can print some more funny money....maybe 100 billion...... Fix the problem once and for all......and trillions will be saved in the future.....

And we will have our country back. Less crime and incarceration. More jobs. No more clogged roads, schools, and hospitals.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Lol....you keep telling yourself that because blue collar jobs will disappear anyways due to us white collar workers making technologies that automate and make companies spend less money on labor. Capitalism baby

My point is, you're not solving the fundamental problem of the economy, you're only kicking the can down the road... Not exactly the best use of tax money.
Ahhh this explains it all.

I think maybe you should Come down out of your ivory tower every once in a while and see how tens of millions of people live.

Ya know....those plumbers. Electricians. Carpenters. Railroad workers. Warehouse workers. Factory workers. Police officers. Firemen. The list goes on

Old 01-08-2017, 02:33 AM

And there will be no lawsuits.

When the federal government drops the hammer, the state's must comply, especially if there are warrants for the illegals arrest.

The police SHALL arrest if there is a warrant for an illegals arrest

Old 01-08-2017, 07:04 AM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Here's my opinion and I'd like to hear what you think.

Back in the civil rights era, it was illegal at one point in time for blacks to drink at a white person's water fountain, use their restroom, be in the same classrooms, etc.. and vice-versa. You could be thrown in jail if you violated it.
Now, that was technically illegal by law. The question is, is that right and morally jusified?

Summary of my argument: The law may say currently it's illegal, but that doesn't give you a morally justified reason to kick everyone out. In addition, there's practical problems that presents this kind of task too, where's funding going to come from to go through legal procedures to do such a thing, etc..

You're comparing discrimination against an entire race of American citizens to enforcing our immigration laws against foreigners here illegally and that are in place to protect "all" of our own citizens? Really?

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-08-2017 at 07:12 AM..

Old 01-08-2017, 07:31 AM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
My point was, it's not as easy to just say, kick them all out.

Let's say one's parents brought a child here when he/she was still young.

Now you can justify a reason to kick the parents out. What about the child? The child didn't even know/understand what was law at that age. How can you justify that?

By kicking them all out are you talking about rounding them all up? Most Americans aren't for that but just deport them as they make themselves known. In other words just enforce the laws on the books. Remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many if not most will self-deport which is cost free.

Why should these kids benefit from their parent's law breaking? Besides if you are for deporting their parents but allowing their kids to remain here isn't that a separation of families? There is no justification for any member of the family here illegally to be allowed to remain here.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:02 AM

435 posts, read 433,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ahhh this explains it all.

I think maybe you should Come down out of your ivory tower every once in a while and see how tens of millions of people live.

Ya know....those plumbers. Electricians. Carpenters. Railroad workers. Warehouse workers. Factory workers. Police officers. Firemen. The list goes on
I'm white collar and I agree with a number of your points. Personally I think many white collar jobs will be the next to be impacted in the US. It is already happening. In my profession (commercial real estate) I need to hold a license but some of our clients are outsourcing analytic and review work to India! You would think my profession would not be impacted b/c you need a state license but some of the back work is absolutely being done overseas. Also, recently NY started giving law licenses to illegals.

As a white collar professional I absolutely do not look down on any blue collar workers. I realize they are an extremely vital part of our economy and they deserve a fair wage. I hate it when my friends turn a blind eye to the way illegals in our country absolutely do impact wages of certain sectors of the economy b/c it does not impact them directly. Very selfish.

Bottom line - we can quibble about the exact monetary impact of illegals but there is one simple equation that makes sense to me:

Open Borders + Welfare State = Disaster

Old 01-08-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr789 View Post
I'm white collar and I agree with a number of your points. Personally I think many white collar jobs will be the next to be impacted in the US. It is already happening. In my profession (commercial real estate) I need to hold a license but some of our clients are outsourcing analytic and review work to India! You would think my profession would not be impacted b/c you need a state license but some of the back work is absolutely being done overseas. Also, recently NY started giving law licenses to illegals.

As a white collar professional I absolutely do not look down on any blue collar workers. I realize they are an extremely vital part of our economy and they deserve a fair wage. I hate it when my friends turn a blind eye to the way illegals in our country absolutely do impact wages of certain sectors of the economy b/c it does not impact them directly. Very selfish.

Bottom line - we can quibble about the exact monetary impact of illegals but there is one simple equation that makes sense to me:

Open Borders + Welfare State = Disaster
Thanks for being an intelligent person that can use logic to discover that illegal immigration is a disaster!

Old 01-08-2017, 10:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,399,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Thanks for being an intelligent person that can use logic to discover that illegal immigration is a disaster!

Please stop the silliness. If illegal immigration was a disaster we would have crashed 10 or 15 years ago. So we obviously live with it.

It is absolutely a thing that should not have occurred. But it did. And now we have to deal with the result.

So a few hundred billion over a decade for an outcome that may well fail. Or we legalize the long term and permanent. And then get the immigration system back under control.

And note the number is down over the last years...primarily I think the single workers going home.

So you want to do nothing and see if they can come back again? I would try and fix it while the conditions are right.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Please stop the silliness. If illegal immigration was a disaster we would have crashed 10 or 15 years ago. So we obviously live with it.

It is absolutely a thing that should not have occurred. But it did. And now we have to deal with the result.

So a few hundred billion over a decade for an outcome that may well fail. Or we legalize the long term and permanent. And then get the immigration system back under control.

And note the number is down over the last years...primarily I think the single workers going home.

So you want to do nothing and see if they can come back again? I would try and fix it while the conditions are right.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 AM

1,663 posts, read 881,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Zero plus or minus five billion. That does not include remittances. But then again most of that is legal aliens. And how would you decide how much of the remittances should be counted?

I would be willing to accept that we give priority to those who have really settled here and have a stable residence. After they are all dealt with we can deal with those here to send money home. Both legal and illegal.

So after we legalize those who have been here for more than ten years we can do those more than 5 years. Once we get it down to say half a million we throw them out if not legal. And we have a hard discussion about the legal ones.
You better start re-figuring. A study done for the state of Washington in 2012, estimated tax receipts paid by illegal aliens to the state in 2010 of $203.2 million. At the same time, all the services they got from the state cost 2.737 billion so you end up with the net cost to taxpayers of 2.534 billion dollars a year. And Washington ranked 10th in illegal alien population so some states are spending a hell of a lot more than that.
Attached Thumbnails
My Opinion on Immigration-tax1.jpg   My Opinion on Immigration-tax2.jpg   My Opinion on Immigration-tax3.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration