Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 11:24 PM

736 posts, read 355,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Are you serious? Don't you think Americans did those jobs before and will do them again-- once they become available?

I have never understood this argument, because I prefer an American to have these jobs rather than an illegal.

Americans still do those jobs. I was in NY state by Lake Ontario last year on a business trip. The hotel I stayed was staff with Americans and the guy that cut the grass and did the gardening was American. In Southern California those jobs are exclusively done by illegals. I would imagine the construction jobs in the area I stayed are done by Americans too.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:32 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,060,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You bleeding heart liberals need to see the big picture and see it fast. It's gonna happen whether you like it or not. It's been a long time coming. Sorry if it hurts your feelings..... American citizens and the rule of law come first and foremost.

Exactly

Old 03-04-2017, 11:41 PM

32,179 posts, read 15,174,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You bleeding heart liberals need to see the big picture and see it fast. It's gonna happen whether you like it or not. It's been a long time coming. Sorry if it hurts your feelings..... American citizens and the rule of law come first and foremost.
They do see the big picture and it's not pretty. Why do you think there are so many protests. It has nothing to do with hurt feelings. American citizens came from immigrates who were welcomed

Old 03-04-2017, 11:42 PM

1,772 posts, read 723,187 times
Lets see here... every time anyone gets arrested it is a Father, Mother, Son, or daughter being arrested.....why would that be?

Old 03-04-2017, 11:43 PM

33,603 posts, read 18,251,584 times
Why? If any American breaks the law they have to go to jail and sometimes they are taken in front of their family. Pay the piper.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:59 PM

30,425 posts, read 23,885,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
He didn't seem too concerned about his family for 25 years. All he had to do was come in to this country the correct way: Legally. And then not break laws while he was here.

From your own link:
Quote:
MacLean said Avelica-Gonzalez was convicted of misdemeanor DUI and misdemeanor driving without a license in 2008. Another misdemeanor conviction, in 1998, was for receipt of stolen property when he bought a non-DMV-issued vehicle registration tag. Before 2015, immigrants living in California illegally could not get driver’s licenses.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:19 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,038,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Can the child, an American citizen -employ an attorney and put a petition for a parent ?

usually if your deported you have to wait a minimum of 10 years to try again

Old 03-05-2017, 12:22 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,038,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
These jobs are always available and they are always advertising for help. But for some reason Americans don't want it.

supply and demand.
if they cannot get anyone to work.... they have to raise wages until they get someone willing to work that job.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:34 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,046,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Companies are always advertising for help with house cleaning and other menial jobs. What I think is that most americans don't want this kind of job. If you can tell me how many americans are looking for these kind of jobs but can't get them because of undocumented workers then I'm up to listening

Me for 4 years in Tulsa before I moved to Australia. Even with a college degree, I couldn't get any job to get by due to the dang border-jumpers taking them. Then add the fact that they suck off our infrastructure so I have to wait 6 hours in the ER, while Pancho and Consuela take their kid in there for a stubbed little toe. But God forbid they take an American citizen with a possible concussion over some illegal who has an owie, or else all the racist pro-illegal interest groups would cause a crapstorm.
Then add they they love to drive badly and do the hit-and run thing, so my insurance pays and premiums go sky-high.

I'm a bleeding-heart liberal and proud of it. Difference is, my heart bleeds for those that deserve it!!

Old 03-05-2017, 01:47 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,046,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
supply and demand.
if they cannot get anyone to work.... they have to raise wages until they get someone willing to work that job.

in theory you are 100% correct!! SAdly, in america they then just leave the position unfilled and complain about how they can't find good workers anymore and go hire immigrants (legal or otherwise)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration