Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 12:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,932,337 times

Advertisements

ICE agent raided Las Vegas Korean restaurant in exchange for free food from rival, lawsuit claims – The Denver Post
Quote:
The case, however grave, was not isolated. A recently published review by the New York Times of thousands of court records and internal agency documents showed that over the last 10 years almost 200 employees and contract workers of the Department of Homeland Security have taken nearly $15 million in bribes.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news...uit-1-million/

Families settle for $11 million in fatal ICE crash - The San Diego Union-Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 12:20 PM

6,327 posts, read 3,471,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Presidential executive order should NOT usurp the constitution. Trump clearly discriminates against Muslims and Mexican immigrants. The country that sent the majority of the hijackers were excluded from the barred countries. Federal judges will keep on striking down this illegal order. Mr. Trump needs to focus his energy on common sense immigration reform.
I didn't know that Mexico was on the ban list...can you give me a link to your claim?

Old 03-17-2017, 12:31 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,303,648 times
This is concerning and relevant to the topic.

(sarcasm)

Old 03-17-2017, 03:26 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,150,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
ICE agents are guys and gals who flunked out of police academies for local police forces or state police or FBI.

They are poorly educated goons, at best.

They cost the US millions in settlements of lawsuits for abuse of powers, use of excessive force, overstepping laws.
Actually no. Feds backgrounds are generally more strict than police

Old 03-17-2017, 03:52 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,014,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I didn't know that Mexico was on the ban list...can you give me a link to your claim?
Nowhere did I say Mexico was on the list. It's unfortunate that you and others have a comprehension problem. The comment about him discriminating against Muslims and Mexicans is a clear reference to the inflammatory comments he made during the campaign about those groups. Hence the reason why the federal judges keep using his own words to freeze these bans. Egypt, Afghanistan & Pakistan is by far more corrupt and unstable than Iran, so I laugh at those who talk about insecure documents and vetting.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:15 AM

7,832 posts, read 6,426,706 times
I hear that they are such good citizens and break the law at such low rates that it is a near impossibility for one of them to be in the vicinity of a courthouse.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:26 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,463,231 times
Quote:
Presidential executive order should NOT usurp the constitution.
That's right.

Trump's EO didn't usurp the Constitution.

The judges who ruled against him did usurp the Constitution.

I suggest you read the Constitution and the relevant statutory law.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:29 AM

59,549 posts, read 27,691,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The chief justice of California's Supreme Court accused federal immigration authorities of "stalking" local courthouses on Thursday, joined a growing chorus of officials objecting to immigration detentions at courthouses.

In a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, state Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye asked the federal government to immediately stop detaining suspected undocumented immigrants at courthouses in California.

Stop 'Stalking' Courthouses, Top California Judge Tells ICE

Uh; Judge Tani; maybe YOU need to be arrested to trying to block federal law.
I hope Sessions told this judge where to stick his letter!

Old 03-18-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Presidential executive order should NOT usurp the constitution. Trump clearly discriminates against Muslims and Mexican immigrants. The country that sent the majority of the hijackers were excluded from the barred countries. Federal judges will keep on striking down this illegal order. Mr. Trump needs to focus his energy on common sense immigration reform.
"Presidential executive order should NOT usurp the constitution. Trump clearly discriminates against Muslims and Mexican immigrants."

Clearly. Really?

And we should take your word for it, why?

Please post your impeccable legal training and background.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
ICE agents are guys and gals who flunked out of police academies for local police forces or state police or FBI.

They are poorly educated goons, at best.

They cost the US millions in settlements of lawsuits for abuse of powers, use of excessive force, overstepping laws.
I guess losing over 1,400 plitical seats wasn't enough for you.

It looks like you are going for 2,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration