Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 08:05 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,717,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Save them? Those El Savadorians came here to escape violence, only to be caught up in the gangs here. We don’t need machete wielding butchers in this country. I’m not a big proponent of the wall, but I do feel not allowing so much illegal immigration here would eventually benefit Central and South America. The corrupt politicians now encourage their underserved population to come here and they even benefit with remittances, but it also creates a brain drain and the most motivated citizens to leave for greener pastures instead of staying and demanding better from their governments. There is no excuse for countries so rich in natural resources to be so horribly governed.
Would you be kind enough to give me a link to a story about where an American was attacked by an El Salvadoran with a machete?

Old 02-28-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Re the bolded.....Canada manages to do it.

Re the bolded...It's not that simple. You should do more reading as to why birthright citizenship in the U.S. has been upheld in our court system (interpretation of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, etc.).
Re the Bolded - sounds like the intro to a speech LOL.

Sure, lots of countries do it. That doesn't make it right.

And yes, I agree, it's a complicated problem. I never said it was simple.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Who benefits? An RN that is here legally that is who benefits.
An RN who is paying taxes that benefit everyone.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Is it OK for someone to sneak their kids into Disneyland without paying the entry fee?

I mean these kids that got in without paying will be a benefit to the park. They will end up paying for food in the park, maybe purchase Disney products in the park. I am thinking that Disney should let these kids stay in the park that sneak in.

Oh Wait, you can not sneak kids into Disneyland, because they have a fence around the place. They have security to keep people out. They have rules against trespassers.
Okay, let's catch those kids and ship them to Mexico. That'll teach em to never have parents who sneak them into Disneyland again.

Last edited by NoMoreSnowForMe; 02-28-2018 at 08:35 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
With respect to this issue, I have the same view as Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush.

It's the deport-them-all folks who are extremist. And cold hearted. And UnAmerican.

#fyi
I miss seeing presidential debates where both candidates are smart people with real agendas and solutions.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:03 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,343,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I miss seeing presidential debates where both candidates are smart people with real agendas and solutions.
This presidential election was just plain awful.

Both candidates were rather appalling, and both sucked

Old 02-28-2018, 09:14 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,255,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No, I want immigrants to be able to bring their families too. That's how my family came here in the 1960s and 1970s.

#usa
They can, they just have to get behind the immigrants who're already in line waiting to become legal citizens.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:58 PM

24,439 posts, read 27,194,769 times
More proof to whoever said Trump is the extreme right... like I said he has a set core of beliefs that goes beyond staying on the left or right. He has more views that stand with the right, but he also has views on the left too.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/polit...ing/index.html

Old 02-28-2018, 11:46 PM

36,720 posts, read 67,835,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
They can, they just have to get behind the immigrants who're already in line waiting to become legal citizens.
After we put the millions of law abiding people already here on the path to legal status, then yes.

I'm not in favor of open borders at all, but I am totally against pigheaded, nonsensical calls to deport millions of people and disrupting millions of families.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:26 AM

406 posts, read 290,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You mean a merit based system like most developed countries use including countries the left fantasizes about wishing our country could be like? Everything is racism now though, WHAT YOU WANT TO APPROVE IMMIGRANTS WHO ARE EDUCATED AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO FEED THEIR OWN FAMILES!!! YOU RACIST BLANK!!! lol
  • While a merit-based system like Canada admits far more high-skilled immigrants per capita, it also admits far more family-based immigrants per capita, and issues a higher percentage of visas to agricultural workers, caregivers, and other labor-intensive fields. Apparently, they recognize the value of both high-skilled and low-skilled immigrants in the economy.
  • If The Donald wants a merit-based system, why would he take actions to reduce the inflow of high-skilled immigrants by curtailing many H-1B programs?
  • He wants to end family-based immigration and diversity visa lottery, which primarily benefits immigrants from Latin American and African countries.
  • Despite the fact that immigrants (and African immigrants, in particular) of the diversity visa lottery have higher educational levels than the US as a whole, The Donald expressed a clear preference for immigrants from places like Norway over "****hole African countries."
  • So, you're wrong. The Donald does not have a plan for a merit-based system. He wants to reduce overall immigration, to the effect of slowing the changing racial composition of the country.

There is value in being more than just a parrot of right-wing politics. I implore you to educate yourself on these issues because far too often you have nothing substantial to contribute

You either appeal to his ignorance or his racism, or both.

Last edited by the happy guy; 03-01-2018 at 12:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: