Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 02:16 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's not either or. Both are equally guilty. I don't give a hoot if those people are poor, stop stealing my tax dollars and/or my identity. I also want the criminal businesses punished for hiring illegals.

Who cares who is easier to catch? The real question is which scenario hurts American citizens more. To me, it's the illegal that numbers in the thousands that causes more harm to the average person.
No they are not "equally guilty", did illegals were brought here by the busload by labor contractors with jobs waiting for them in the 70's and 80's. It's not like they came here and convinced employers to hire them after they got here. I am dismayed that people have this desire to place blame on anyone other than the employers who have created this mess, and Trump can pick off illegals around the edges and it will not change one damn thing as long as employers can hire them with complete impunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 05:28 PM

170 posts, read 190,167 times
[quote=2sleepy;52188258]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
If wages in Canada paid 10X more than they do here there would be lots of US Citizens sneaking across our Northern border to get work, wanting to provide for your family is logical and rational.
i disagree, it's no accident that the USA is such a successful country. It is largely due to our rule of law and pervasive integrity and honesty. It is not within the culture of the USA to be dishonest as you suggest. Where there is illegal activity the USA has a proper judicial system and prisons.

I understand there are many failed states in this hemisphere and others in which reseidents do not follow laws or live with integrity. It would be great if the residents of these failed states would adopt these successful non-corrupt ways and fix and improve their own countries. Many are extremely wealthy in terms of natural resources and potential for GDP growth however it is contrary to the culture in these countries for the populations to work towards improvement. So the inhabitants come here to the USA instead. UNfortunately, a leopard does not change it's spots, so we have now millions of illegals who are basically accustomed to propogating dishonesty and corruption living in this great country. it's a terrible thing for the uSA. Thank goodness the current administration is trying to turn things around.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:04 AM

1,031 posts, read 639,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
What about responsibilityfor the crime of illegally entering the country?

Your argument is like saying blame the bank, it had money so the robber robbed it.

Or blame the IRS for the actions of the tax cheat. The illegal knows they are not authorized to work in the US.

One of the great things about America is that the culture is very clear on personal responsibilit.

Employers may have broken laws, but that is a separate issue and likely much more difficult to prove since illegals often present fake or forged identificaiton to employers.

It is the illegal immigrant who broke the immigration laws. And in all instances the illegal knowingly and wllfully broke these laws. Little different with employers as often they are hiring hundreds of unskilled laborers and cannot often easily tell which are using forged or stolen identification.

I never ever ever once suggested that we should not prosecute illegal immigrants the whole point from this original post was that it is easier to control the corporation rather than the hundreds of thousands of poor opportunity Seekers that flood in to take advantage of the criminal Employment Practices. These raids and propaganda statements like "build the wall" are fooling people into blaming the illegal immigrants not the source of the problem. You're going to look like a racist bigot by locking up poor immigrants and you're going to look like a fool for not Prosecuting the corporation. I agree that illegal immigrants are committing a crime but it is a very minor thing compared to a corporation who for decades has broken the law in their brick and mortar establishment. America is a fool to stand over a pile of rotten garbage and swat at the flies that show up to feed off of it... or perhaps (much like the drug war) one might consider this as the world's greatest tax theft because the government is getting paid to stand over the pile of rotten garbage and Swat at the Flies. There will always be an endless source of flies it's like getting paid to play whack-a-mole.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's not either or. Both are equally guilty. I don't give a hoot if those people are poor, stop stealing my tax dollars and/or my identity. I also want the criminal businesses punished for hiring illegals.

Who cares who is easier to catch? The real question is which scenario hurts American citizens more. To me, it's the illegal that numbers in the thousands that causes more harm to the average person.
Take out the trash and the Flies will leave it's that simple...

it's easier to take out the trash than it is to stand over the trash and endlessly swat at the Flies, it is that simple. Americans have been fooled into thinking that standing over the trash and swatting at the Flies is a smart thing to do... you just look like a bunch of angry racist idiots.

It sounds like you want to try to secure our borders with an Israeli style system... that's going to cost us billions of dollars and still won't work because they can just use boats to get in... but hey I will support that stupid plan... I'll take a good government job on one of the sniper towers, I don't mind wasting your tax dollars, if you want to pay me a good salary to play whack-a-mole all day I don't mind.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:02 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No they are not "equally guilty", did illegals were brought here by the busload by labor contractors with jobs waiting for them in the 70's and 80's. It's not like they came here and convinced employers to hire them after they got here. I am dismayed that people have this desire to place blame on anyone other than the employers who have created this mess, and Trump can pick off illegals around the edges and it will not change one damn thing as long as employers can hire them with complete impunity.
So you're saying folks brought to this country to work are too stupid to know that what they were doing was illegal?

I worked in the restaurant industry in SoCal in the 70's and 80's. They most certainly came here and convinced employers to hire them.

Those folks from back in the day knew they weren't here legally. And they've had 40 years to fix the problem. The folks coming in now know they're here illegally.

If you are not here legally, you are "guilty" of that.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Take out the trash and the Flies will leave it's that simple...

it's easier to take out the trash than it is to stand over the trash and endlessly swat at the Flies, it is that simple. Americans have been fooled into thinking that standing over the trash and swatting at the Flies is a smart thing to do... you just look like a bunch of angry racist idiots.

It sounds like you want to try to secure our borders with an Israeli style system... that's going to cost us billions of dollars and still won't work because they can just use boats to get in... but hey I will support that stupid plan... I'll take a good government job on one of the sniper towers, I don't mind wasting your tax dollars, if you want to pay me a good salary to play whack-a-mole all day I don't mind.
Your obvious hatred of corporations and businesses is certainly shining through. If this weren't the case, you'd want to address both sides of the issue, instead of only demanding we punish employers.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:35 PM

So when i suggested that i would man the sniper tower and waste all your tax money you think i dont want to "prosocute" the illegals...im willing to SHOOT them. Lol, read slowly and take notes before you respond in the future...lol

Old 06-15-2018, 01:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The bottom line is that businesses\corporations are using cheap illegal labor which is a huge contributor to blue collar wage stagnation in this country.

Then they spin any complaints about the abusive system as just being racist etc.

A pretty masterful con thru and thru.
Typically small business owners and individuals hire undocumented people, not limited to Mexicans. There’s a huge illegal immigration community from Poland in my neck of the woods.

Eastern Europeans arrive on tourist visas, work and return home. Rinse/ repeat. Not all return home.

Most large corporate employers use eVerify, regardless if their state law requires them to do so.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:34 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
I for one, as a business owner, am thankful for undocumented Mexicans. If it wasn't for them and the state of California helping me, I would have to pay Americans better wages, contribute to silly things like 401k, unemployment and workers' compensation funds, follow safety rules and be subjected to lawsuits the same as employers in other industries. Thank God the Democrats keep the steady flow of cheap labor coming in.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I for one, as a business owner, am thankful for undocumented Mexicans. If it wasn't for them and the state of California helping me, I would have to pay Americans better wages, contribute to silly things like 401k, unemployment and workers' compensation funds, follow safety rules and be subjected to lawsuits the same as employers in other industries. Thank God the Democrats keep the steady flow of cheap labor coming in.
Yeah...the "democracts" while the heroic republicans fight tooth and nail daily to protect our borders from the hords of rapists and murders, but some are good people....LOL

But seriously folks, political bribery on BOTH sides is to blame here not poor labourers or political parties. The WEALTHY ELITISTS from both parties who BOTH benefit from cheating the system are the crooks. The ONLY people who loose here are the American blue collar lunchbox joes who lost their income potential but HAD power through the DEMOCRATIC PROCESS. They LOST the DEMOCRATIC PROCESS and the wealthy few took over. Democracy works, we call it the "POPULAR" vote nowadays!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration