Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 05:47 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Mr. Lee, I don't buy this...reason being, I know people who have hired them to come work for them...you cannot put down a whole people, b/c some are bad, and maybe it's more than some, but I won't ever believe it's 9 out of 10, sorry and I'm a total conservative....but I refuse to buy this crap and I'm against illegal immigration, with a passion....

so....

Sorry, but this is the other side of the coin pushing their agenda.
Actually it should be that 10 out of 10 are criminals, they broke the law entering our country or by overstaying, thus that alone means they do not respect us or our laws, thus they go on to commit other crimes to stay in our country, identity theft, working off the books, therefore not paying taxes, and that then may often lead to many of them committing other crimes.

Criminals are most often repeat offenders Recidivism, so why should we believe that illegals are any different than other criminals when it comes to repeating offenses.

Quote:
Within three years of release, about two-thirds (67.8 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested.
Within five years of release, about three-quarters (76.6 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested.
Of those prisoners who were rearrested, more than half (56.7 percent) were arrested by the end of the first year.
Property offenders were the most likely to be rearrested, with 82.1 percent of released property offenders arrested for a new crime compared with 76.9 percent of drug offenders, 73.6 percent of public order offenders and 71.3 percent of violent offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 05:55 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Actually it should be that 10 out of 10 are criminals, they broke the law entering our country or by overstaying, thus that alone means they do not respect us or our laws, thus they go on to commit other crimes to stay in our country, identity theft, working off the books, therefore not paying taxes, and that then may often lead to many of them committing other crimes.

Criminals are most often repeat offenders Recidivism, so why should we believe that illegals are any different than other criminals when it comes to repeating offenses.
wull, yes, you are right, they are criminals, but, lets discuss, how many of them are actually bad people...

and we shouldn't, but we've been made to accept that fact that they are not criminals....

but I've known people who have hired them for lawn work, electrical work, carpentry and have heard they are for the most part good workers...but even people who have become US citizens, don't like the fact that they get away with living her.

You wouldn't believe how much NJ gives them, they all work in the resorts....

Old 06-21-2018, 06:13 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wull, yes, you are right, they are criminals, but, lets discuss, how many of them are actually bad people...

and we shouldn't, but we've been made to accept that fact that they are not criminals....

but I've known people who have hired them for lawn work, electrical work, carpentry and have heard they are for the most part good workers...but even people who have become US citizens, don't like the fact that they get away with living her.

You wouldn't believe how much NJ gives them, they all work in the resorts....
So here is a roofer who they just caught, still think they are good people, it is just a matter of how many have not been caught for the crimes they already have committed.
//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...l#post52261836

Old 06-21-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
So here is a roofer who they just caught, still think they are good people, it is just a matter of how many have not been caught for the crimes they already have committed.
//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...l#post52261836
yes, I saw that, and have said over and over again, when they catch a person, who is convicted of a crime, then it should be told to the American Public, if they are illegals.

plus, regardless of your thoughts, there are good people among them....I won't believe the entire community of them are criminals....sorry, just makes no sense.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
You're alleging 90% of US citizens have been arrested?

That is not what is implied by Mathguy or the statistic quoted in the OP. This is specifically people that are arrested, another way to say this is that 10% of people that are arrested are first timers.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Makes sense to me. After all, he was referring to illegal aliens NOT all immigrants as the media would have you believe.

Just to reiterate: That's a high percentage of those arrested. No arguing with statistics (unless someone calls it "fake news," which it is NOT.). They just want to come here for a better life!! LOL.
well, so did our ancestors, but most of them were respectable law abiding citizens, who became Americans by following the laws....

you cannot continue to break laws for convenience or empathy....and not have it come back to haunt you.

if you don't believe me,

put a sign on your door....

FREE ROOM & BOARD OPEN TO ANYONE, WHO WANTS TO LIVE HERE

see how long your money lasts, and what kind of people come in....

Old 06-22-2018, 10:29 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people.
This is why Trump got elected. He GETS this. It is so comforting knowing that he is on top of it.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people.
there are some that are honest people and great workers, however, they need to all go home and we need to build a wall, and start doing what they do at our Canadian border. That works, right? I mean everyone who doesn't want it to work, will say it doesn't work, however, our Canadian Borders has been working for years...and funny no one ever mentions that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration