Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 08:20 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
No. Apparently you're not very good on language or logic or statistics.

That doesn't prove anything about immigrants generally being honest or dishonest. All it proves is that illegals committing crimes are likely to have done so before.

That is not the same thing at all.
But I thought ICE was only rounding up innocent farm workers and children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 06:24 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
The point of the thread "Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people" so it was about illegals and crime, not citizens, thus my post is right on.
Not really. The quote was
Quote:
Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan said that 89 percent of all illegal immigrants arrested have a criminal record. “That’s nine out of 10,” he said.

And 72 percent of those arrested had criminal convictions, said Homan, who is retiring from his post soon
I would guess most people, regardless of immigration status, race, creed, sex or anything else have a criminal record. This only proves that people with criminal records get arrested. duh.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:18 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not really. The quote was

I would guess most people, regardless of immigration status, race, creed, sex or anything else have a criminal record. This only proves that people with criminal records get arrested. duh.
That's one take on it. Or it means that 9 out of 10 illegals have criminal records because illegals dont respect our laws. Their lives revolve around breaking our laws just to exist. It only makes sense that some or most are getting caught, but due to poor immigration enforcement and border security, illegals really dont care. They will be back.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:43 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
You were defending illegals, stating that their no different than the average American citizen, when it comes to criminal records.

That's very misleading as they are ALL criminals, regardless of whether they have a record or not! Not all US citizens are criminals. See the difference?
So you think 9 of 10 is 100% then.

Either that or you're not discussing the OP's premise.

Because if you want to start a thread saying they're breaking the law then I'll agree with you.

You're making an entirely different point than what the OP was claiming.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:14 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Some very troubling numbers about DACA, 4,500 had been arrested on allegations of assault or battery, 830 arrests were related to sex crimes including rape, sexual abuse or indecent exposure, 95 arrests were made on warrants for kidnapping, human trafficking or false imprisonment, 10 arrests were made in murder cases.
Quote:
Thousands of DACA recipients with arrest records, including 10 accused murderers, allowed to stay in US
According to DHS, 59,786 DACA recipients have been arrested while in the U.S. -- approximately 7.8 percent of all who have been approved to remain in this country under the program since it was created in 2012. Of those, 53,792 were arrested before their most recent request for a so-called "grant of deferred action" was approved. Another 7,814 were arrested after their request was approved.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:04 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
I can't find any proof in Thomas Homan's claims at all, certainly not in that Washington Examiner "article." It does not cite any study, just quotes a government official who could be pulling numbers out of his butt for all we know. The Examiner isn't exactly know for it's unbiased "reporting" either.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:06 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people.
Mexican's and other nationalities who have come to the U.S. and legally have gotten their citizenship are all for this, otherwise, they feel this is a slap in the face to them, and so unfair....and are all for this....

Old 06-18-2018, 10:11 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
I'm not too concerned about criminal records and in fact never ask my employees about that. As long as they show up, work their shifts and don't complain, I'm happy. The worst thing you will see is them trying to take a lunch break, but I make it really clear if they start asking for things they are gone. There is an endless supply of people I can hire thanks to the Democrats making sure to keep the border open. It is a godsend for businesses like mine. If I had to pay American wages or contribute to FICA programs or follow safety regulations I'd be broke in a month.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm not too concerned about criminal records and in fact never ask my employees about that. As long as they show up, work their shifts and don't complain, I'm happy. The worst thing you will see is them trying to take a lunch break, but I make it really clear if they start asking for things they are gone. There is an endless supply of people I can hire thanks to the Democrats making sure to keep the border open. It is a godsend for businesses like mine. If I had to pay American wages or contribute to FICA programs or follow safety regulations I'd be broke in a month.
oh I don't know, a good friend of ours owned a business in Arizona....years ago, he hired them to manage his business, and they did a great job, great workers etc....until the last few years, they are now robbing him blind....

it's like anything else, some are good people some not so good, the good people are the ones who follow the laws and become citizens, and contribute to their community.

I have a friend who runs an add hoping to obtain a handy man, they call up tell her they are coming over and then never show up? so it works both ways really.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:58 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
100 percent of them are already criminals for being here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration