Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 01:17 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times

Advertisements

Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people.
Quote:
Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan said that 89 percent of all illegal immigrants arrested have a criminal record. “That’s nine out of 10,” he said.

And 72 percent of those arrested had criminal convictions, said Homan, who is retiring from his post soon.
MORE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 06:41 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
No. Apparently you're not very good on language or logic or statistics.

That doesn't prove anything about immigrants generally being honest or dishonest. All it proves is that illegals committing crimes are likely to have done so before.

That is not the same thing at all.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:00 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
Makes sense to me. After all, he was referring to illegal aliens NOT all immigrants as the media would have you believe.

Just to reiterate: That's a high percentage of those arrested. No arguing with statistics (unless someone calls it "fake news," which it is NOT.). They just want to come here for a better life!! LOL.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:08 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:

Don't talk about that. The Illegal Aliens are what the Liberal Democrat "Walking Dead" brain dead nuts are wanting for their voter base, so they can make us a Communist Nation with Fascist Police State Law, no Constitution and no Bill of Rights.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:51 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
9 out of 10? If anything, President Trump has used wording too kind over the past several years regarding illegals.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:23 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
They should be ashamed.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:48 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Um, I think you should stop and think about what % of US citizens that are arrested have a criminal record.
Keeping in mind that most people go their whole life without being arrested.

I would not be surprised if it's close to 90% as well.

I have a hard time finding such a specific stat but I did find the US state prison recidivism rate is 75%.

Basically, criminals keep committing crimes so most that get arrested already have a record, that's common sense.

The evening news has guys like this on all the time...41 years old, long police record going back to his teens.

Man arrested after police chase has long criminal record

Old 06-13-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, I think you should stop and think about what % of US citizens that are arrested have a criminal record.
Keeping in mind that most people go their whole life without being arrested.

I would not be surprised if it's close to 90% as well.

I have a hard time finding such a specific stat but I did find the US state prison recidivism rate is 75%.

Basically, criminals keep committing crimes so most that get arrested already have a record, that's common sense.

The evening news has guys like this on all the time...41 years old, long police record going back to his teens.

Man arrested after police chase has long criminal record
The problem is that we have more than enough of our own, we do not need to import or accept any who come into our country illegally or overstay.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:12 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
The problem is that we have more than enough of our own, we do not need to import or accept any who come into our country illegally or overstay.
Not the point of the thread.

The statistic is being presented as if it's meaningful but it seems to be the norm for "career criminals".

Old 06-13-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not the point of the thread.

The statistic is being presented as if it's meaningful but it seems to be the norm for "career criminals".
The point of the thread "Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people" so it was about illegals and crime, not citizens, thus my post is right on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration