Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 03:23 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, I think you should stop and think about what % of US citizens that are arrested have a criminal record.
Keeping in mind that most people go their whole life without being arrested.

I would not be surprised if it's close to 90% as well.

You're alleging 90% of US citizens have been arrested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 03:01 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Not the point of the thread.

The statistic is being presented as if it's meaningful but it seems to be the norm for "career criminals".
or
It indicates the mind set of illegals. Illegals break laws just to exist here. They have no sense of taboo about breaking our laws. No fear of a criminal record. They know that they will only occupy the lowest of jobs.
It makes sense that many illegals who are arrested already have criminal records. They after all, are criminals. The only use an illegal has for laws is if they think it will benefit them personally.
They get arrested and suddenly they got rights. Suddenly they want the law to protect them. Not so different than any other criminal. I'm sure the more you break laws the easier it becomes. The more times you escape getting caught and convicted the more bold. The more the penalty really wasn't bad, the less worry.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:18 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I also thought that's what he meant but reread it. I may be wrong but I think he's saying that 90% don't have a criminal record.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:36 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,835,606 times
In order to earn money to survive in the USA, all illegal aliens are guilty of criminal activity.

Either identity theft or tax avoidance.

There is simply no legal way for them to earn income in the USA.

Not to mention they ALL violate our immigration laws.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:51 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Um, I think you should stop and think about what % of US citizens that are arrested have a criminal record.
Keeping in mind that most people go their whole life without being arrested.

I would not be surprised if it's close to 90% as well.

I have a hard time finding such a specific stat but I did find the US state prison recidivism rate is 75%.

Basically, criminals keep committing crimes so most that get arrested already have a record, that's common sense.

The evening news has guys like this on all the time...41 years old, long police record going back to his teens.

Man arrested after police chase has long criminal record
That's like when I was teaching, 95% of the problems in a school are caused by, at most, 2% of the students (usually, I'm talking about middle/upper middle class schools). They're the ones who crash your test scores, are suspended multiple times for multiple infractions and just generally exist to cause havoc.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:42 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
The point of the thread "Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people" so it was about illegals and crime, not citizens, thus my post is right on.
If you're incapable of discussing the point of THIS thread then move along and create a thread about how liberals think about such topics.

If people are going to play with numbers and statistics then that's what we are discussing and so it pretty much looks like the entire point is one giant turd.

So either take off your water-wings or get out the pool.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
The thread title reads 9 of 10.

Hint: That's 90%.

I added the words "as well".

Hope that helps.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I also thought that's what he meant but reread it. I may be wrong but I think he's saying that 90% don't have a criminal record.
To clarify.

I would not be surprised to learn that 90% of Americans being arrested ALSO have a criminal record.

Ricidivism and repeat crimes are pretty typical.

Basically, the people being arrested usually have a criminal record so I'd expect the same from both US citizens and illegals.

Now if people want to discuss illegals then that's fine, I oppose illegal immigration but I'm not going to stand around watching someone mangle statistics and analytics like someone using a chainsaw to trim their eyebrows.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
In order to earn money to survive in the USA, all illegal aliens are guilty of criminal activity.

Either identity theft or tax avoidance.

There is simply no legal way for them to earn income in the USA.

Not to mention they ALL violate our immigration laws.
Agreed but that's not what the thread is getting at.

Illegal immigration is nothing but a corporate on-shoring con-job to get cheap labor and it has suppressed US blue collar labor wages as well as exploiting foreign workers.

Doesn't mean we have to be idiots when discussing an aspect of it however.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:21 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,835,606 times
Quote:
Agreed but that's not what the thread is getting at.

Illegal immigration is nothing but a corporate on-shoring con-job to get cheap labor and it has suppressed US blue collar labor wages as well as exploiting foreign workers.

Doesn't mean we have to be idiots when discussing an aspect of it however.

You were defending illegals, stating that their no different than the average American citizen, when it comes to criminal records.

That's very misleading as they are ALL criminals, regardless of whether they have a record or not! Not all US citizens are criminals. See the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration