Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:34 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times

Advertisements

Am I wrong to think that we should just stop these stupid raids of cars and homes that net 2 people per raid? The solution to the illegal immigration problem is to

a) stop these dumb raids that occur outside of the workplace, they are ineffective.
b) spend more of our energy cracking down on employers who hire aliens. If the jobs arent there, they WILL go home because there will be nothing here for them. Look at Oklahoma.
c) NOT GIVE AMNESTY!! It will just tell the aliens that if they come, legally or illegaly, they will get citizenship in the future.
d) uphold the laws we have regarding immigration. There is nothing wrong with them (except the anchor baby one), they just need to be enforced.
e) forbid sanctuary cities. If a city refuses to loose the status, it will be up to the government to force change upon the city. As long as we allow aliens to live comfortably, what would cause them to go home?
f) make all citizenships in the US temporary for the first 15 years. It should be revokable if 1) an immigrant disrespects America or the US flag, 2) shows a sign of not being loyal to the US government and its people, 3) being too dependent on social services, 4) failing to learn english, 5) committing a crime, 6) evading taxes.

These are simple solutions that can be enforced. Going door to door looking for aliens is not going to work. Comprehensive enforcement is more appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,786 times
They wouldn't need to do these raids if they would just become stricter on employers. No money would need to be spent.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
They wouldn't need to do these raids if they would just become stricter on employers. No money would need to be spent.
It is having that intended effect here in Arizona.

In fact: many Americans of 'Hispanic' background also want the illegals out------the latters' presence is annoying, shall we say.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
I Know that IF the owners/CEO of companies that hire illegals were jailed for breaking the law then there would be a LOT less illegals in this country.

ocexpo, """f) make all citizenships in the US temporary for the first 15 years. It should be revokable if 1) an immigrant disrespects America or the US flag, 2) shows a sign of not being loyal to the US government and its people, 3) being too dependent on social services, 4) failing to learn english, 5) committing a crime, 6) evading taxes."""

What about Americans born here who do the same?

WHO decides what "disrespects America or the flag" consists of ???

WHO determines what a sign of being disloyal IS???

The Thought Police? The Gestapo? The radical righties???

While I agree the illegals have to go and you do have some good ideas...the ones I mentioned are a little far-fetched, impossible to determine, ....and America is (or was) the land of freedom and liberty.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:48 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I Know that IF the owners/CEO of companies that hire illegals were jailed for breaking the law then there would be a LOT less illegals in this country.

ocexpo, """f) make all citizenships in the US temporary for the first 15 years. It should be revokable if 1) an immigrant disrespects America or the US flag, 2) shows a sign of not being loyal to the US government and its people, 3) being too dependent on social services, 4) failing to learn english, 5) committing a crime, 6) evading taxes."""

While I agree the illegals have to go and you do have some good ideas...the ones I mentioned are a little far-fetched, impossible to determine, ....and America is (or was) the land of freedom and liberty.
I know. I am not trying to write legislation here. I am just so fed up at the "waiving of the Mexican flag" during the rallies. Its like, why the hell are you here if you have so much patriotism for your own country? I know its far fetched, I know it would never happen. We would be lucky enough to get a border at all with congress creeping along like we have 50 more years of abuse left in us.

And I dont think raids are necessary. They end up hurting the innocent ones, the kids who have nothing to do with their parents irresponsability. Passing very strict legislation has worked in Oklahoma, and that state has conducted almost no raids. They estimate that 30% of their illegal alien population has left, and another 50% will leave when they realize employers arent willing to risk their entire business for the sake of employing illegals. Legislation where ICE steps back DOES work, and has worked countless times. Get rid of sactuary cities, get rid of their jobs, and get rid of their freebies from the government. They will be in an empty hole in America and will decide to leave before we know it.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Which employers? Just big business or all illegal employers right down to the yuppies who hire illegal nannies?
I say fine anyone who knowingky hires an illegal. I say strip the illegals of any assets they have acquired while working here illegally to repay the expense of supporting their children in puplic schools, taxes they have failed to pay and the cost of deporting them. Yes fine the employers, jail repeat offenders. But we also must hit the illegals just as we would any other criminal.
Continue the raids any where illegals congregate. Clubs, bars, fast food, parks where ever they are found. Make them feel the heat.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
The Thought Police? The Gestapo? The radical righties???.
I would like to point out that we already have the "thought Police: and its called Political correct speech. Conservatives didn't come up with that one. LIbs did.
The Radical right................seems to me the radical left can also get pretty wild and woolly.
As far as the gestapo...............really, I do wish people would stop comparing us to the most vicious killing machine of the 20th century.
If the Nazis and the SS and the Gestapo were to mystically come back you libs and cons would howl mightily as you were loaded on the cattle cars.
Illegal immigration if the Nazis were in....wouldn't have ever happened.
Please know your history a little better before making such comparison............it up sets the rest of us and is counter productive

Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
I would like to point out that we already have the "thought Police: and its called Political correct speech. Conservatives didn't come up with that one. LIbs did.
The Radical right................seems to me the radical left can also get pretty wild and woolly.
As far as the gestapo...............really, I do wish people would stop comparing us to the most vicious killing machine of the 20th century.
If the Nazis and the SS and the Gestapo were to mystically come back you libs and cons would howl mightily as you were loaded on the cattle cars.
Illegal immigration if the Nazis were in....wouldn't have ever happened.
Please know your history a little better before making such comparison............it up sets the rest of us and is counter productive

You wish people would stop with the comparisons, which I didn't do , and then Y O U proceed to do a comparison!

I ask a question.

ocexpo, ""I know. I am not trying to write legislation here. I am just so fed up at the "waiving of the Mexican flag" during the rallies. Its like, why the hell are you here if you have so much patriotism for your own country?""

I see what you mean and agree....if someone loves their home country so much they should stay there.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:23 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:

A rational post

Old 04-04-2008, 02:29 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times
Workplace raids are the same as drug stings that target users. For every user you catch, 10 more are waiting in line. You have to go after the source to be effective. For employment, go after employers, then you limit the financial incentive to come here once employers are more diligent in hiring only legal people (citizens or legal immigrants).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration