Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 PM

332 posts, read 450,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guanabana13 View Post
WOW!! What a lot of ignorance on this thread. It seems pretty obvious that most of you haven't learned your history in school so I'm going to give you all a history lesson. PLEASE READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE YOU BASH ME.

When the first colonists came over to this country in the 17th century we had only Native Americans living here. The colonists were the illegal immigrants. Now don't react to what I am saying just think about for a second. Over the years the illegal English colonists proceeded to systematically wipe out the Native Americans. Once the English controlled the eastern portion of the United States they bought the central portion in the Louisiana Purchase from the French. This land was also Native American land but was bought "illegally" and once again the Native Americans were kicked out.

Now you would think that would be enough right? But no. In 1849 gold was found in California so the English (now the Americans) decided they wanted the west coast too. Did any of you know that in 1849 California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico etc. etc. etc. all belonged to Mexico? So because of manifest destiny the Americans simply started coming over to the west and squatting on Mexican lands. Squatting. Can there be anything more "illegal" than that? After a while to make sure the Americans would get all of these western states they provoked a fabricated war with Mexico over nothing, and stole California, Arizona, Oregon etc. for themselves in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. So the Americans stole the east coast illegally, the central U.S. illegally and the West coast illegally. Did any of you immigrant bashers actually know this? I know you probably think that because you have white skin that you are a real American but you are not. Your ancestors stole this land "illegally".

So before you make fun of immigrants and bash them, think to yourselves, in the United States who is really an immigrant? Aren't we all really "illegals" or immigrants except for the Native Americans?
Nice try, but don't you think it's a little to late to try and take it back now? I mean that stuff happened over 100 years ago.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:14 AM

178 posts, read 417,130 times
People, Guanabana13, just proved what our citizens have just awakened to.
The Mexicans believe we are in THEIR country. Guanabana13 just proved our point.

Print out Guanabana13's post, and read it often, my friends.

Oh, one other thing......Were we talking about immigrants or illegal immigrants? There is a big difference you know.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:28 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,499,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
People, Guanabana13, just proved what our citizens have just awakened to.
The Mexicans believe we are in THEIR country. Guanabana13 just proved our point.

Print out Guanabana13's post, and read it often, my friends.

Oh, one other thing......Were we talking about immigrants or illegal immigrants? There is a big difference you know.
I've said all along this illegal alien mess is leading to a war here on OUR turf, Mexico made it clear some time back that they would take this country and never fire a shot. (THEIR EXACT WORDS,NOT MINE)

Old 01-14-2007, 12:53 AM

4 posts, read 4,735 times
The state of Colorado recently passed Referendum K which directs the Colorado Attorney General to initiate, or join other states in, a lawsuit against the US Attorney General Alberto Gonsalez in an effort to force the fed to enforce the duly enacted immigration laws of the United States Congress. I suggest we all contact our Governors and state AG's and demand that our individual states join in this effort.

Also, there is a petition at this site:

www.alamoalliance.org

Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 AM

10 posts, read 6,876 times
Quote:
WOW!! What a lot of ignorance on this thread. It seems pretty obvious that most of you haven't learned your history in school so I'm going to give you all a history lesson.
Your "history lesson" is incorrect.

Quote:
When the first colonists came over to this country in the 17th century we had only Native Americans living here. The colonists were the illegal immigrants.
Wrong. The "Native Americans" were various tribes who had warred each other for untold ages and had no concept of land ownership.

Quote:
This land was also Native American land but was bought "illegally" and once again the Native Americans were kicked out.
Can you produce a "Native American" Map of their territory? Or at least tell me which "tribe" owned the land?

Quote:
So because of manifest destiny the Americans simply started coming over to the west and squatting on Mexican lands. Squatting. Can there be anything more "illegal" than that? After a while to make sure the Americans would get all of these western states they provoked a fabricated war with Mexico over nothing, and stole California, Arizona, Oregon etc. for themselves in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. So the Americans stole the east coast illegally, the central U.S. illegally and the West coast illegally. Did any of you immigrant bashers actually know this? I know you probably think that because you have white skin that you are a real American but you are not. Your ancestors stole this land "illegally".
Wrong Guanabana. Mexico was independent for only around 24 years before the United States bought the land AFTER war.

FURTHERMORE, only 1% of Mexico's 1848 population lived in the Southwest (around 50,000) people. THESE WERE WHITE SPANISH SETTLERS. The flood of non-White illegal aliens by the MILLIONS have no claim to the Southwest. They had it for 20 years and if they still did chances are people would STILL be flooding to get into the USA.

Quote:
So before you make fun of immigrants and bash them, think to yourselves, in the United States who is really an immigrant? Aren't we all really "illegals" or immigrants except for the Native Americans?
Please read my post above. You're clueless on this subject and its me who had to give the "history lesson."

Old 01-14-2007, 10:52 AM

126 posts, read 549,717 times
OMG, I can not believe this post! I know it's only halfway throught this entire thread, and maybe someone else has already commented, but OMG
Here's a clue....perhaps if we put all the money, time, effort, resources and manpower into helping the homeless.....that we do the 'illegal'/indogent non-citizen/indogent immigrant element, we could and would be helping our own citizens! Does the phrase...taking care of your own mean anything to you? Clean up your own backyard first?!
And you would rather 'trust' an illegal, a criminal to do your yardwork than a homeless guy from a shelter that was likely your neighbor in the past??
This is the mentality that is screwing the US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Shock of all shockers, I am agreeding with Nea1 and I think hiring the homeless is an excellent idea. The only problem is a lot of them are not in a place to do that work that day. A good share are SMI, substance abusers, or in dire straights. At a minimum, they need a place to get cleaned up and a few days to regroup. When I volunteered at CASS, anyone I saw would be no one prepared to work that same day. In a perfect world, we'd have the resources here in this city to help each one. Now, some don't want the work and that's another issue.

I knew this guy, bless his heart, who would faithfully show up each day to volunteer. He was on the streets, but showed up each day to do his unpaid job. I once asked him if he aspired to anything else (without being insensitive) and he said he was happy with what he was doing.

Now having said all this, I have to add something else. It's great to hire the homeless but I wouldn't invite them to do your yardwork. My BF works with them day in and day out, and he says one has to be very careful in terms of trust levels.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:05 AM

And so, what it is OK to hire illegals w/this skewed philosophy? Turn our back on our own...because of this bizarre mentality: "The standard of living is too high for people born here to feel like they can survive with menial jobs"
What does that even mean??? Statements like this infuriate me! Have you ever been lower class, poor working class? I grew up in a poor working class family, my father was in the military, and worked another job just to make ends meet. True, we weren't homeless, but oh yes, menial jobs are what he did to support us!
Again if we pumped all the money and resources into our own society first, maybe we would have more productive citizens to stand up against this INVASION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Even all the homeless people in the United States would not fill all the jobs. The standard of living is too high for people born here to feel like they can survive with menial jobs.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:32 AM

Now this is good! Unfortunately our government has us all, along w/the media, brainwashed into believing/accepting that we 'have' to speak Spanish. Have you noticed how many children's programs....KPBS, Disney, etc are now featuring many Spanish speaking characters? As well as in the workforce, we are required to supply translators, and some jobs now are only open to bi-lingual English-Spanish! It's not enough for individuals to refuse to speak spanish...these people insist on it, they refuse to even try to speak English...trust me,I know, I work w/it every day!
Oh, and I know that many, many of them do speak English, they just won't admit to it, 'cause then they may have to be accountable. It's easier to sit there w/a dumb look on your face..."no se, no se"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Sad, maye if people just refused to speak spanish they would be more interested in assimulating and, not force us to accomidate (sp) them.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:44 AM

OMG, are you totally serious :2.Dumping Garbage on the Street
Yes, they need to work on that. They should receive a littering citation. But it's not going to kill anyone if they don't.

3.Pissing on the side of the building
Some of them don't have a porta-poty, it's not a huge deal.[/

To what extent are you willing to go to defend these criminals? If a homeless US citizen were standing outside urinating all over the sidewalk, he would, at the very least be totally hassled by the police, hustled out of there, perhaps arrested.
Again this mentality is why we have this problem....people who hire these illegals/immigrants for pennies, tolerate all of their bad behavior just so they, the business owner can profit! Disgusting...that is who should be prosecuted right along next to the illegal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
1. Illegals standing on our street corners.
Does this bother you? They are not hurting anything.

2.Dumping Garbage on the Street
Yes, they need to work on that. They should receive a littering citation. But it's not going to kill anyone if they don't.

3.Pissing on the side of the building
Some of them don't have a porta-poty, it's not a huge deal.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:49 PM

484 posts, read 1,946,348 times
Have you noticed how many children's programs....KPBS, Disney, etc are now featuring many Spanish speaking characters?

I noticed this a while ago. I grew up watching Spanish and French shows on PBS. I dont think it hurt me any.

As well as in the workforce, we are required to supply translators, and some jobs now are only open to bi-lingual English-Spanish!

I'm a nursing student and I volunteer in an emergency room. Yes, people should learn English, but they're not going to learn it overnight, especially if they've just been hit by a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration