Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 06:16 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanArrogantAmerican View Post
A reply to most of this nonsense...
For anti-illegal advocates:
First know where you are getting your incriminating information because there are sooooo many statistics, articles and....oh yeah forums like this that twist up their own hate-stories about the issue.
As a past illegal-immigrant, I know why we came here, what we wanted, and what I have now thanks to our efforts to making our lives better. Now that I am a citizen, I am prepared to fight for rights, because I am now more informed on what the consequences of a "USA big brother" does to other countries... Take the wonderful idea of NAFTA for example. Also take into consideration any other issue we are facing right now...for example Iraq, okay so it has nothing to do with immigration, but why is the US there in the first place? It must have done something to **** people off right?-->(if you look at our history with the middle east) Okay well if you do a little research on NAFTA, and any other Historical events having to do with Mexico/USA relations, if you look closely you will find "US interest" involved... “Okay so for every bushel of corn you dump on us, we'll send you 10 wetbags hows that?” ...that could be beside the point... but my only challenge to you is to actually find valuable information not mere opinions from arrogant Americans (which by the way, people around the world despise for their ignorance)...so as a treat I'll post this article to enlighten your ethnocentric minds...Enjoy!

Just for those of you who think illegal immigrants are costing you money. Please inform yourself before making false claims. Thank You!http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24054024

ps. DOnt forget to vote, and get involved!! I mean, if you really want to complain do it in a constructive way...actually get politically involved dont hate...PARTICIPATE!
Great post, and I think you will see that the forum is divided, but you will probably find more Anti-illegals than the Pro-illegals,but not all of us are narrow minded
BTW Welcome )

Last edited by sassyone; 04-16-2008 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 06:33 PM

334 posts, read 829,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I live in Irvine, CA right here in beautiful OC. Irvine is the safest city in America! Right here in SoCal!

What the hell job were you turned down for because you don't speak Spanish?
well . . . you're betterthan most of californication

[SIZE=2]Irvine Crime Report[/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE]General Information:Violent vs. Property Crime Rate:State:California (CA)Violent Crime Property Crime City Population:163,823[SIZE=1][/SIZE]Murder:2Forcible Rape:18Robbery:51Aggravated Assault:73Burglary:816Larceny or Theft:2,238Car Theft:256Arson:50

sorry for the lousy format

Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 PM

9 posts, read 28,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Great post, and I think you will see that the forum is divided, but you will probably find more Anti-illegals than the Pro-illegals,but not all of us are narrow minded
BTW Welcome )
Do you necessarily consider someone who doesn't share your viewpoint narrow minded? Don't you believe in Democracy...isn't this thread a place where opposing viewpoints can rationally discuss a matter in the country?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguyeddie View Post
Do you necessarily consider someone who doesn't share your viewpoint narrow minded? Don't you believe in Democracy...isn't this thread a place where opposing viewpoints can rationally discuss a matter in the country?
No, when I feel it is narrow minded, is when they cannot find one positive thing to say about whatever we are discussing, which on this topic happens to be immigration, and mostly illegal immigration. It is not all one way or the other.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,479,665 times
Quote:
No, when I feel it is narrow minded, is when they cannot find one positive thing to say about whatever we are discussing, which on this topic happens to be immigration, and mostly illegal immigration. It is not all one way or the other.
Well, it's not going to be your way, by rewarding the "nice" Law Breakers.
If they're here Illegally....they broke the Law.
There's no IF'S, AND'S, BUT'S or EXCEPTIONS.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
You have no way of predicting the future, I think there will be changes but you may not be totally pleased with outcome. It will be a wait & see.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,479,665 times
Quote:
You have no way of predicting the future, I think there will be changes but you may not be totally pleased with outcome. It will be a wait & see.
Likewise

Old 04-16-2008, 08:54 PM

10 posts, read 13,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
if it is the "breaking of the law" of which you are so worried about... I'd like to see all law breakers ,(which by the way commit comparitively worse crimes than that of crossing the border) pay for their crime... I mean, I speed, thats breaking the law, its not that bad, but what about the drunk drivers? they put others' lifes on risk..., or how bout other cases where the guilty don't get convicted for some odd reason (bc im sure it happens a lot)... I just ask myself, what is breaking the law, and why do we break it...Is it because we feel the need to be bad human beings? Is it to cause others harm? Are we greedy? Have we been oppressed? or is it for necessity? The necessity for ones life, and that of your loved ones? There could be many reasons... but just keep in mind, illegal immigrants don't break it thinking... "Muahahaha, d@$% americans we are going to take over because we dont like you, or your culture, or anything you stand for!!" NO ofcourse we dont think that, as a matter of fact that is the last thing if any on our mind... Its more like... well im sure youve heard enough stories if you are well informed in the first place. So in my opinion the breaking the law excuse is only one of the many blinding effects towards prejudice and unfairness..

Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 PM

I see your point... but shouldnt i be convicted for being here illegaly? I broke the law right...so I should probably have to pay for it, so should my parents and my siblings. Im sure, and I know there are so many people that started off as illegal and now they are citizens with out even paying the crime that should be paid for since we are horrible law breakers... coming to the US as a 6 year old is unacceptable!!
Another thing I have in mind, if you are not worried about legal/ex illegal citizens, we are probably more to be concerned with since we actually are empowered to do something about this issue... just a thought

Old 04-16-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
BTW Welcome )
Thank You for the warm welcome! And I'd like to say that I invite all anti-illegals to argue their point whether it is narrowminded or not... see it only makes the argument better, and it gives me an idea of a broad range of people i must face in the future= strength
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration