Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:30 PM

504 posts, read 1,765,468 times

Advertisements

You want to retroactive the Constitution of the United States so you can send babies born to illegals back? I would prefer to retroactive Freedom of Speech with some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,498,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
You want to retroactive the Constitution of the United States so you can send babies born to illegals back? I would prefer to retroactive Freedom of Speech with some people.
Do you not realize that many of the illegals have children as soon as possible once they get here, and not because they love kids so much. Once they have a child born here at the tax payers expense they're home free and they know it. The freebies start rolling in for them all at OUR expense.

WHEN WILL THIS COUNTRY WAKE UP?

Old 01-05-2007, 02:19 PM

504 posts, read 1,765,468 times
I am fully aware that children born here are constitutionaly citizens, that means all children born here. I am also aware as citizens they are entitled to the same benefits as other citizens. Most illegal immigrants do not have children, most of them are men. Would you like a sub class of people even more destitute than the poorest of the poor? Something called equal protection under the law take it from some then it can be taken from all, just because your skin or language is different does not mean that we can suspend the Constitution of the United States of America. The very same constitution that allows this kind of dialog and the right to bear arms, we can not pick and choose what we like to suit our individual self.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:28 PM

923 posts, read 3,515,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
The public schools in Texas (and Colorado and probably lots of other states) are not required to report the presence of illegal aliens registered in their schools. Wouldn't it serve the best interests of American citizens to require public schools to start reporting illegal aliens rather than aiding and abetting criminal activity?

Absolutely, But it will not happen until "We the People" March on DC with

With our "Torches and Pitchforks"

And Demand Action!!

Old 01-05-2007, 04:19 PM

79 posts, read 286,325 times
Default no but we can end it now

Quote:
you are right, we cant and shouldnt do that. but we can end birthright citizenship now. so that there won't be any new ones. this wasn't an original part of the constitution but was later added so former black slaves' children would be citizens. i think the purpose is accomplished and we don't need this law. i don't know of another country with such a law. we are a mature country now and don't need this.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:06 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,498,487 times
[]
Quote:
I am fully aware that children born here are constitutionaly citizens, that means all children born here. I am also aware as citizens they are entitled to the same benefits as other citizens.

Most illegal immigrants do not have children, most of them are men. Would you like a sub class of people even more destitute than the poorest of the poor? Something called equal protection under the law take it from some then it can be taken from all, just because your skin or language is different does not mean that we can suspend the Constitution of the United States of America. The very same constitution that allows this kind of dialog and the right to bear arms, we can not pick and choose what we like to suit our individual self.

We need to amend the Constitution to stop this BS, the illegals shouldn't be here in the first place to have children born here at our expense.

Most of the men that come here bring along their wives, girl friends and children that are born in other countries along with other family members. The women and children out number the men by a large margin.
Go to any Wal Mart or grocery store and mainly what you see are women and children shopping, very few men. When they get to the check out with 2-3 shopping carts full, they just whip out the FOOD STAMP card with a big smile to pay for it. OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:10 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,085,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLove View Post
There should be a retroactive law that gets rid of the anchor babies. As it is we have illegals coming in here and literally pumping out kids which we all pay for.
I doubt that will happen in the near future - the reason why we grant citizenship by land is to prevent abuses of people who live in the United States; i.e. people who were not granted citizenship by blood. The lawmakers would be reluctant to mess with this.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:25 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,191,317 times
Well,with Pelousi and Bush have an agreement on let's make them citizens legal or not our public schools are going to suffer more then ever. I am pulling my son out of public school for this very reason. Pretty bad when I pay taxes I support the school system and my child has to sit on the side while they teach the non-speaking English student. I don't see these children's parents at the school supporting any of the activities or helping out because, they don't speak English and don't realize I guess that that's what helps our school operate PARENT SUPPORT!

I guess it would only help to report if they were to actually do something about it. The school would lose money it's already to the point parents are taking up homeschooling or private schools for education if you want your child to succeed.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:37 PM

484 posts, read 1,945,980 times
this wasn't an original part of the constitution but was later added so former black slaves' children would be citizens

The 14th amendment gave citizenship to slaves, not just their children.

Go to any Wal Mart or grocery store and mainly what you see are women and children shopping, very few men. When they get to the check out with 2-3 shopping carts full, they just whip out the FOOD STAMP card with a big smile to pay for it.

Maybe the men are working. Welfare, Social Security, disability, and a lot of paychecks come on the first of the month, and that's when a lot of people do their shopping. It's why I avoid the supermarket on the first of the month (I hate crowds). Frankly, I'm too busy to notice how other people pay for their groceries.

Last edited by Hatless Wonder; 01-05-2007 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,971,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Now that you know that the New York City DOE forbids denying of a student's place in city schools due to immigration status, how does this make you feel?
Well its like if you are homeless, they have to allow your kids in school.. just because you dont have an address is not a reason to not give your kids an education. Texas also follows the example of N.Y..

But yes I think they should report all factors of the schools population..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration