Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,501,358 times

Advertisements

I sure a lot of posters are aware of this web site for reporting employers that hire illegals, but many people visit these forums and may not be aware. If anyone knows of any business or suspects a business of hiring illegal workers you can report them at the link below. It's a step in the right direction in dealing with this problem.

http://www.wehirealiens.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 06:13 PM

A list of employers in my state that hire illegals, check your state.

http://www.wehirealiens.com/results/index.asp

Old 02-10-2007, 06:56 PM

10,230 posts, read 11,210,058 times
Interesting. I see the meat packing plants near me listed -

Thanks, I'll have to check it out more later!

Old 02-11-2007, 03:01 AM

355 posts, read 843,671 times
Do they list individuals that rely on illegal labor to keep their homes and yards in good working order?

Old 02-11-2007, 04:26 AM

30,438 posts, read 52,088,616 times
I've already commented on that site, but I'll say it again... that is a dangerous idea, and has TONS of mis-information that could hurt small businesses. I suggest everyone read through it carefully, and see what they consider "proof" - usually an employee having brown skin or speaking Spanish, which is hardly solid evidence of one's immigration status. Please think & research before reporting someone, or refusing to patronize their stores... otherwise you might end up hurting hard-working AMERICAN citizens.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:47 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,752,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I sure a lot of posters are aware of this web site for reporting employers that hire illegals, but many people visit these forums and may not be aware. If anyone knows of any business or suspects a business of hiring illegal workers you can report them at the link below. It's a step in the right direction in dealing with this problem.

http://www.wehirealiens.com/
Great site, thanks for the information. This IS a step in the right direction, the do nothing program of the past is not working.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:58 AM

504 posts, read 1,766,361 times
How about reporting all of us that use products that undocumented workers are hired to do?

Old 02-11-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Do they list individuals that rely on illegal labor to keep their homes and yards in good working order?
I wouldn't think a individual home owner would be considered a business, would you?

Last edited by Yac; 02-12-2007 at 04:39 AM..

Old 02-11-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
How about reporting all of us that use products that undocumented workers are hired to do?
I think reporting the business is all that's necessary.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've already commented on that site, but I'll say it again... that is a dangerous idea, and has TONS of mis-information that could hurt small businesses. I suggest everyone read through it carefully, and see what they consider "proof" - usually an employee having brown skin or speaking Spanish, which is hardly solid evidence of one's immigration status. Please think & research before reporting someone, or refusing to patronize their stores... otherwise you might end up hurting hard-working AMERICAN citizens.

It don't seem like a dangerous idea around here, they have never hurt a business that didn't deserve it. All the businesses they exposed here were in fact working illegals. They just don't exposed a business like that because someone reports it, they do their own leg work to make sure the business does in fact employ illegal aliens... then they expose it.

One success story here near me.

I just wanted to let you know that we found out we were on this website and investigated what had been reported. I am a new owner of this business and was not aware of the hiring practices that had been going on. We took over this businesss in January of this year. In my finds I had found that we did have illegal aliens working at our restaurant. I let go 20 employees within one work day due to illigitimate papers. "
--Chad Head, Corky's BBQ, Brentwood, TN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration