Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:04 PM

177 posts, read 899,349 times

Advertisements

why has this thread stoped. It is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,772,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
LOL. I'm a conservative Republican and I don't take a hard line on illegal immigration even though I'm against it. There are people who cross party lines. haha You folks watch too many big names on T.V. to settle your broad, generalized opinion on certain issues.

Nope , You're as liberal as they come !!!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,498,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue1 View Post
why has this thread stoped. It is important.

I filed a report yesterday with ICE and the IRS against a company, The IRS agent assured me they would be investigated....they were very interested in what I had to say. I faxed some paperwork to back up what I said.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:00 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,398,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I filed a report yesterday with ICE and the IRS against a company, The IRS agent assured me they would be investigated....they were very interested in what I had to say. I faxed some paperwork to back up what I said.
If anyone cares about anything... It HAS to be the IRS... No one likes money more than the IRS...

And if they know that someone needs to be doing something... The IRS will just climb right up the company's a-hole and take the money.

The IRS scares me.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
If anyone cares about anything... It HAS to be the IRS... No one likes money more than the IRS...

And if they know that someone needs to be doing something... The IRS will just climb right up the company's a-hole and take the money.

The IRS scares me.

LOL...when there's money involved, the IRS will come knock on your door.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:43 PM

177 posts, read 899,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
someone needs to file on the town of Monterey, it is full.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue1 View Post
someone needs to file on the town of Monterey, it is full.

I know what your saying, a lot of the smaller towns around the state are the same way. I was in Murfreesboro at Lowe's a few days ago and was talking with a guy I know that owns rental property, he told me that he got threats that his houses would be burned if he rented to Mexicans.

More people need to get involved with reporting businesses if they know for a fact that they are hiring illegals. There's a lot of people out of work because of it. I think it's just a matter of time until all hell breaks loose, people are fed up.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Verifying SS#'s

Social Security Number Verification

Telephone Verification

You can verify up to 5 names/SSNs over the phone by calling toll-free 1-800-772-6270 - weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST. You will be asked for your company name and EIN. You must also provide the following information for each name/SSN you want to verify.

* SSN
* last name
* first name
* middle initial (if applicable)
* date of birth
Verify Social Security Numbers Over the Internet

Overview

There are two Internet verification options you can use to verify that your employee names and Social Security numbers match Social Security’s records. You can:

Verify up to 10 names and SSNs (per screen) online and receive immediate results. This option is ideal to verify new hires.
OR

Upload batch files of up to 250,000 names and SSNs and usually receive results the next government business day. This option is ideal if you want to verify an entire payroll data base or if you hire a large number of workers at a time.
While the service is available to all employers and third-party submitters, it can only be used to verify current or former employees and only for wage reporting (Form W-2) purposes.

Why Should I Verify Names and SSNs

Correct names and SSNs on W-2 wage reports are the keys to the successful processing of your annual wage report submission.
It’s faster & easier to use than submitting your requests on magnetic media or paper listings or even using Social Security’s telephone verification option.
Results in more accurate wage reports.
Saves you processing costs and reduces the number of W-2Cs.
Allows Social Security to properly credit your employees’ earnings record, which will be important information in determining their Social Security benefits in the future.
Step by Step

1. Register to Use SSNVS - www.socialsecurity.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm Registration is required. Third-party preparers need only register once in their own firm’s name. Complete the registration form and select your own password. Social Security will verify your identity against our records and display a PIN. Make note of the PIN. More Registration Info.

2. Request Access and Activation Code - Return to www.socialsecurity.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm
login in with your PIN and password and select "Request Access and Activation Code."

3. Activation Code is Mailed to Your Employer - Your employer should give you the activation code which allows you access to SSNVS.

4. Login to Use the Service - Go to www.socialsecurity.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm, select Login, input your PIN, Password and your activation code and you will be able to use the service.

More Information

SSNVS Pamphlet
SSNVS Handbook
Systems Requirements
Information for Third-Party Users
Sample Letter to Give Employees
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Additional Verification Options
High Group List and Other Ways to Determine If an SSN is Valid
Restrictions on Using SSNVS
SOURCE: Social Security Administration

So what's the problem with companies that say they don't know they're working illegals?

Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 PM

Thumbs up Employer Convicted

This is a good start just keep up the good work.

Breaking news: Garcia sentenced to 15 months in prison.

A federal court judge in Cincinnati delivered what’s expected to be the death knell for Maximino Garcia’s temporary-employment empire in Morristown Tn.

[CUT - DO NOT REPOST COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL!]

Last edited by Administrator; 03-05-2007 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: CUT - DO NOT REPOST COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL!]

Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM

Employer arrested for working illegals.

http://www.citizentribune.com/news/view_sections.asp?idcategory=47&idarticle=5637 (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration