Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 11:54 PM

3,113 posts, read 941,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You are wrong. Canada takes in more refugees IN REAL NUMBERS than the USA does. I have many friends here in Canada who came from Mexico. My neighbor across the street is from Columbia. Immigrants build a country. Not harm it.
I said immigrants total. I don’t care about the meaningless distinction ‘refugees’ as that’s now worthless

Old 09-23-2022, 12:49 AM

14,235 posts, read 4,608,113 times
Quote:
You are wrong. Canada takes in more refugees IN REAL NUMBERS than the USA does. I have many friends here in Canada who came from Mexico. My neighbor across the street is from Columbia. Immigrants build a country. Not harm it.
Refugees are vetted/adjudicated in a third country before they are granted permission to enter Canada or US. You know, like "Remain in Mexico" policy that you hate?

Asylums are paroled into the US and wait in the US for their adjudication. On the average 7 out of 10 asylums seekers are DENIED asylum, then they will become illegals if they remain in the US.

How many asylum seekers do you think Canada is taking in each year?

Old 09-23-2022, 02:07 AM

1,117 posts, read 751,375 times
Quote:
You just epitomized the untraveled American with this question. Why did you not know what the EU is all about? Why did you not know you don't need a passport to travel between EU nations?
Oh, you're Canadian. That explains things.

Maybe if I speak slowly then:

You... need... a... valid... passport/visa... to... enter... the... EU.

Old 09-23-2022, 02:19 AM

Quote:
You just epitomized the untraveled American with this question. Why did you not know what the EU is all about? Why did you not know you don't need a passport to travel between EU nations?

This is the same thing I have experienced when I try to explain where in Canada I live to an American who didn't have a clue by telling them 300 miles north Montana, and then they get a blank look on their face, and ask me where Montana is. I couldn't believe the ignorance! Mind you, this did happen in Florida, so maybe that explains it. I still shake my head about that one. And to no surprise, the person was a strong MAGA type.
Can people from poor countries like Mexico or Central Americas travel to EU without a passport and visa?

Old 09-23-2022, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Can people from poor countries like Mexico or Central Americas travel to EU without a passport and visa?
Not only that, if they come to the EU on a 3-month tourist visa, and stay 6 months and then want to go back, they will be in trouble since in the EU when you leave the EU-zone, they check your documents and make sure you stayed according to the rules.

Meanwhile, when I lived in San Diego and Los Angeles, I'd drive into Mexico without any checks so no way for US border patrol to ensure you didn't overstay your visa bounds.

Old 09-23-2022, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirtsong View Post
Don’t short circuit the individual! I mean, he has Mexican neighbors! Oh wait, the UN declared Mexico a safe zone so the comment is either racist or ignorant, judging by a black face individual running their nation I’m not sure which it is.
No idea why the dude has issues with American immigration policy. He should be lobbying Trudeau to be more humane and accept more Mexicans into Canada. That way he need not fly all the way to Monterrey for some spicy ****

Edit: even spanish is censored here!

Old 09-23-2022, 03:23 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,947,493 times
When I first joined CD lo these many years ago, I quickly learned that the less I expected from the right wing dominated P&OC forum, the less I would feel disappointed by the content and quality of the posts here. I also belong to another forum which is a complete 180 from this one and is open to Democrats only. In that forum, if I were to be so carelessly free willed as to criticize the Democratic party, I would be asked to leave - forever. Since I'm not overly fond of life in an echo chamber and because I wanted to understand how some of my fellow Americans could without hesitation embrace Donald Trump so fiercely that it borders on worship, I come check this place out from time to time to take the pulse of what I consider to be the far right. It certainly has been quite the experience. This thread should be held up as an excellent example of the thinking and attitudes of the Party of Trump as the US nears the inevitable end of its experiment in creating a republic with the ideals of a democracy.

The following post by sholomar is a very good summation of the attitudes and beliefs expressed by almost every poster who has contributed to this thread so far. It is an almost pure distillation of hatred for the two greatest enemies conservatives feel duty bound to destroy - a group of complete criminals and scoundrels that folks here have labeled "democrats" and a second and equally vile group of human beings who by the magic of xenophobia have become rapists and other nasty criminals at the head of millions of useless eaters who effortlessly (as the claim always goes) cross our southern border - "the illegal immigrants." As just a humanist - never mind my also being a progressive - if I were to write a post as mean spirited as the one that follows, I would be whisked off to CD jail in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
And global civilization suffered so much under white rule. I was watching a YouTube video last night of the construction of the Golden gate bridge what culture could come up with the engineering to create a bridge like that besides Caucasians and asians? I don't know why American leftist constantly promote these underclass cultures that are low IQ with higher levels of criminality and try to prop them up at the expense of the successful cultures because quite frankly it's pretty obvious here's a big difference between cultures of people and their success rate in society and to ignore that is idiotic.
From the APA Dictionary of Psychology:

culture
n. the distinctive customs, values, beliefs, knowledge, art, and language of a society or a community. These values and concepts are passed on from generation to generation, and they are the basis for everyday behaviors and practices.

race
n. a socially defined concept sometimes used to designate a portion, or “subdivision,” of the human population with common physical characteristics, ancestry, or language. The term is also loosely applied to geographic, cultural, religious, or national groups. The significance often accorded to racial categories might suggest that such groups are objectively defined and homogeneous; however, there is much heterogeneity within categories, and the categories themselves differ across cultures. Moreover, self-reported race frequently varies owing to changing social contexts and an individual’s possible identification with more than one race.

You ask what "culture" could come up with engineering. You also state that there are only two "cultures" (actually races) that are "successful" - the Caucasians and the Asiatics. This leaves the African or Negroid race as the obvious inferior race. I don't know if you are unclear as to the definition of culture vs the definition of race or if you are attempting to make what are obviously racist descriptions slightly more palatable in case someone reading your words has a delicate stomach. I suspect the latter. If so, I would like to thank you for dispensing with the dog whistle routine for a change and being an openly defiant Trumpian racist.

Quote:
The dumbing down of society to the lowest common denominator because leftists don't want the underclass cultures to feel like victims. Boo freaking who. If you want indoor plumbing and modern amenities shut up and enjoy everything that previous generations of people have built to give you this cushy lifestyle where you can sit on your butt in your section 8 apartment collecting welfare and b**** about how oppressed you are. Be happy you're not in the streets starving, which is where many of these people belong for the amount they contribute to our society.
Once again the useless eaters are warned to toe the line or else. Trump followers are some of the most oppressed victims of the practices of American democracy, American laws and ethics and American values - not to mention American integrity and morals - that I have ever come across.

Quote:
Quite frankly the laws of nature say that the Strong survive and thrive while the weak gets subjugated and oppressed. We are animals, after all. The whites have been fooled into being submissive and rolling over for other cultures because it's supposedly enlightened to do so and be tolerant towards anyone and everyone. Maybe it is, but that doesn't mean allowing millions of migrants to just come in here and disappear into the woodwork, many of whom are criminals.
The so-called "laws of nature" say no such thing. You are talking about social Darwinism - a concept which was discredited almost as soon as it was formulated. Social Darwinism has been debunked so many times that one would think that by now it would have fallen out of favor. Alas, this idea has become the greatest excuse for "man's inhumanity to man" that petty tyrants and Evangelical Christians could ever have come up with. The so-called "whites" that you are referring to need to put on their big boy pants, re-educate themselves since their education obviously failed them the first time around, and swear off going to rallies where they are taught how to give the Nazi salute. Most of all, they need to quit being submissive and rolling over for autocrats and wanna be dictators out of fear that Juan the hard working landscaper has "just come in here" in order to rape someone's (white, of course) mother or sister.

Quote:
One of my more provocative posts. . For what it's worth my father's not a big fan of the British empire he sees how they spread themselves around the world and did a lot of damage to indigenous cultures. Heck we did a lot of damage to the American indians. But it's done. We can learn our lesson from it and hopefully not repeat the same mistakes but what's going on with the modern left today doesn't help anything. All they do is divide people up and give them a victim mentality and push oppression narratives and it accomplishes nothing productive.
Let's leave your father out of this so he can get back to dancing on the Queen's grave. As for American Indians whom you advise that we ignore so that they won't develop that victim mentality which Trump supporters seem to believe that they have the patent on:

Old 09-23-2022, 03:30 AM

10,497 posts, read 4,063,217 times
Technically, if you are not an Aborigines in Australia, then you are in one way or another an illegal immigrant.

Old 09-23-2022, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
walloftext.jpg
are you talking about Bill Clinton with your long post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IrDrBs13oA&t=9s

Old 09-23-2022, 03:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,305,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We, here in the US, need to adopt a similar policy. However, as long as the leftists are running things, it won't happen. It's long past time to drain the swamp and purge it of far leftists and RINOs.
If the swamp didn't get drained after Trump's win - it never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.