Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 06:34 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Migrants in El Paso, Texas are increasingly linked to multiple crimes, including car theft, threats with guns and drug trafficking, according to local police.

https://www.15minutenews.com/article...d-gun-threats/

Just here for a better life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2023, 06:48 PM

1,015 posts, read 787,181 times
Crime is only going to get worse when you have people pouring in and you know nothing about them.

Old 01-10-2023, 06:33 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I think it becomes obvious why many of these people left the countries they were in. We have apprehended some very dangerous illegal aliens who committed serious crimes in their mother countries and fled here. This is the atmosphere that they know, and they will recreate here. One just has to look at areas dominated by them to see this in action. Because of the great numbers, they do not come and blend into our society, but set up colonies where the life they left is played out there. As the colonies grow it swallows up the entire area, as when one isn't used to a 3rd world culture, one gets the heck out of town!

I think one of things that people don't always think about, and want to claim is "racism" is really more culture and economic status. Culture and economic status play a major role in being a "fit" for an area. In the US, they started putting "low income housing" (welfare housing) in better neighborhoods. It is easy to see the results in our town, as all one has to do is look at the crime stats to see how this "experiment" worked out.

Old 01-10-2023, 09:18 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
When you let everyone in. That’s what you get.

Are we that desperate for people? WTF is wrong with this country?

Old 01-11-2023, 06:55 PM

18 posts, read 8,093 times
They are not “migrants”
If people have not realized how evil bends twists and edits vocabulary around to deceive, if you have not realized that yet then you never will. It is so blatant, only a person does not want to admit it won’t.

They are all thieves and liars

Old 01-13-2023, 12:03 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Illegals and their benefactors are all thieves and their desperation is of the destructive kind.

Rationale is the effective way to destroy this disease.

Notice everything Biden is doing to get his way and feebly attempt to dodge impeachment.

Old 01-13-2023, 01:12 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Illegals and their benefactors are all thieves and their desperation is of the destructive kind.
I'd say it is more destructive to try to tear away the millions in our labor force. I believe constructive would be finding a way to keep our labor force and ensure the future of it. Making a deal including legalization is one way to do it, while creating a new viable system going forward. Another way is to just keep doing what we have been doing.

Old 01-13-2023, 01:52 PM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I'd say it is more destructive to try to tear away the millions in our labor force. I believe constructive would be finding a way to keep our labor force and ensure the future of it. Making a deal including legalization is one way to do it, while creating a new viable system going forward. Another way is to just keep doing what we have been doing.
Why do you want illegals who commit crimes while they're here to stay? What's in it for you?

We have our own "labor force". And for some of those jobs, such as picking crops, we have visa holders.

If illegals wouldn't undercut the pay for jobs, then more of our own labor force would be doing those jobs.

"Tear away"?

There would be no tearing away, it would be gradual.
First send back the border jumpers and criminals, and make it so that anyone who comes in illegally or commits crimes will never be allowed to stay. Then work on sending back the ones who'd been staying here illegally. It would probably take years, maybe decades, but it's doable.

Old 01-13-2023, 02:07 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why do you want illegals who commit crimes while they're here to stay? What's in it for you?
Illegals that are committing violent or serious crimes... I'd like to see thrown in prison for lengthy periods at a minimum. I don't think many would disagree with that.

Quote:

We have our own "labor force". And for some of those jobs, such as picking crops, we have visa holders.

We don't have enough home-grown laborers. If we did, we wouldn't have millions of illegals employed already.
It seems a lot of the farmers aren't happy with the visas so they aren't all using them.
Quote:
"Tear away"?

There would be no tearing away, it would be gradual.
First send back the border jumpers and criminals, and make it so that anyone who comes in illegally or commits crimes will never be allowed to stay. Then work on sending back the ones who'd been staying here illegally. It would probably take years, maybe decades, but it's doable.
In today's world I don't think it is doable. Personally, I wouldn't support forcing out the ones who have been here illegally for years, unless they committed a violent or serious crime. The ones who have committed violent or serious crimes, I'd be good with severe punishment, maximum sentences.

Old 01-13-2023, 02:55 PM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Illegals that are committing violent or serious crimes... I'd like to see thrown in prison for lengthy periods at a minimum. I don't think many would disagree with that.
Okay then. But since this thread was about the illegals who commit criminal acts while here, it sounded as if you were excusing them.

Quote:
We don't have enough home-grown laborers. If we did, we wouldn't have millions of illegals employed already.
We have plenty of home-grown laborers. No citizen wants to work for 'less than' minimum wage, And skilled workers, such as those in construction, etc., don't want to work for peanuts either.

Claiming there's "not enough workers" and that illegals are "only doing the jobs that people don't want to do", are lame excuses that the pro-illegals had made up.

Quote:
It seems a lot of the farmers aren't happy with the visas so they aren't all using them.
Why? Because they don't like paying a fair wage? Too bad.

Quote:
In today's world I don't think it is doable. Personally, I wouldn't support forcing out the ones who have been here illegally for years, unless they committed a violent or serious crime. The ones who have committed violent or serious crimes, I'd be good with severe punishment, maximum sentences.
No one who comes here illegally should be allowed to stay. period. If they want to stay, then they should go through the legal immigration process and immigrate legally...there is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing that.

It is doable. Citizens will adapt and pick up the slack. They'll go back to working the jobs that the illegals had taken, as long as the businesses offer fair wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration