Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 03:45 PM

8,540 posts, read 3,065,360 times

Advertisements

Much more border security. Enforce existing immigration laws. No immigration legal or illegal until we get this illegal invasion under control.

We import far too much garbage anymore. That’s why the country is a mess and turning into a 3rd world s-hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2023, 04:20 PM

31,393 posts, read 22,390,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I'm for more immigration so long as they meet certain criteria...

Not sick

Not felons

Can speak coversational English

Have a High School diploma

Have enough money to exist for 6 months, or have a sponsor

Have passed a civics test about U.S. gov't

Are of working age
"More Immigration"
Is 5 million over the last 2 years not enough? How about 20 million?

Old 03-09-2023, 04:57 PM

26,447 posts, read 13,321,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"More Immigration"
Is 5 million over the last 2 years not enough? How about 20 million?
So long as they meet the criteria I listed.

Posters here are ignoring a very important fact...birth rates are in decline in the U.S., and our population is aging, & declining w/o immigration. We are heading for a severe worker shortage.

I stand firmly by my post...I'm for as many LEGAL immigrants as we can handle that meet my criteria, up until we have overall population equilibrium.

These are future taxpayers...future Americans. NOBODY will do the work they do. I'm in Florida, & nobody will do the construction work they do on homes...roofing, laying cinder blocks, landscaping, ect.. Even for $20/hr.

I'm NOT for illegal immigration, I think they should be shot on sight by drones...after just a few men are shot in the leg, that would end it.

A few gunshot wounds to save the many who die in the back of a tractor trailers, sex trade smuggling, fentanyl, ect.. sorry if you see that as being extreme. The cartels are making Billions off of our stupidilty.

Old 03-09-2023, 06:02 PM

63,504 posts, read 29,531,883 times
Quote:

Posters here are ignoring a very important fact...birth rates are in decline in the U.S., and our population is aging, & declining w/o immigration. We are heading for a severe worker shortage.

I stand firmly by my post...I'm for as many LEGAL immigrants as we can handle that meet my criteria, up until we have overall population equilibrium.

These are future taxpayers...future Americans. NOBODY will do the work they do. I'm in Florida, & nobody will do the construction work they do on homes...roofing, laying cinder blocks, landscaping, ect.. Even for $20/hr.

I'm NOT for illegal immigration, I think they should be shot on sight by drones...after just a few men are shot in the leg, that would end it.

A few gunshot wounds to save the many who die in the back of a tractor trailers, sex trade smuggling, fentanyl, ect.. sorry if you see that as being extreme. The cartels are making Billions off of our stupidilty.

No, the poor, unskilled and uneducated are not net tax payers. Their wages are too low to be taxed especially if they have dependents. Poverty begets more poverty to. I believe a smaller economy to fit a smaller population makes more sense. Less demands on our natural and social resources, our healthcare facilities, schools, roads and housing and less crime.

It's utter BS that Americans won't do construction work for a fair wage to. I just had my roof replaced and they were all American citizens. I see what appears to be white Americans doing landscaping, etc to.

What you are advocating for is a Ponzi scheme.

Old 03-09-2023, 06:18 PM

2,156 posts, read 1,465,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, the poor, unskilled and uneducated are not net tax payers. Their wages are too low to be taxed especially if they have dependents.
If the dependent came here as a child, some of their upbringing and cost was borne by their country of origin. The US gets good value for a future worker whose upbringing costs were partially paid by another country. All workers are at one time children, that is unavoidable.

Quote:
It's utter BS that Americans won't do construction work for a fair wage to. I just had my roof replaced and they were all American citizens. I see what appears to be white Americans doing landscaping, etc to.
The poster isn't incorrect, there aren't enough workers in a lot of the trades and other fields. As far as your comment about white landscapers here in California, you are fabricating that. Sure, there may be 1/50 white landscapers, maybe not even that. I dealt equipment in the industry, and a white landscaper was as rare as a hen's tooth.

..and your roof replacement likely involved a lot of illegals, and/or offspring of illegals, despite your reluctance to acknowledge it.

Old 03-09-2023, 08:50 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,219,073 times
Quote:

Sorry, but your plan for unlimited immigration is an unsustainable pyramid scheme and will clearly be abused.

Very very limited guest worker scheme is the only way anything will work in the dysfunctional system we currently have.

Birth rates are the way they are because of anti nuclear family policies, the cost of living and a horrible child care system. You want more babies in a modern, wealthy, increasingly secular nation, look at what France is doing.

Btw, fertility rates of Americans and immigrants is essentially identical. More people in this country is good for the wealthy, and for them exclusively.

Old 03-09-2023, 09:00 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,219,073 times
Quote:
No, the poor, unskilled and uneducated are not net tax payers. Their wages are too low to be taxed especially if they have dependents. Poverty begets more poverty to. I believe a smaller economy to fit a smaller population makes more sense. Less demands on our natural and social resources, our healthcare facilities, schools, roads and housing and less crime.

Increasing low skilled wages and the American capitalist system are diametrically opposed to one another. You would have to force it and at that point, regulation would be needed to protect the populace from corporate blowback. Our current dilemma of record prices, simultaneous with record profits is an example.

I agree, we need a smaller economy that is based on order and national integrity. Unfortunately, the elites seem to like the economic Wild West we have, because it makes them richer. A fundamental change is required.

Old 03-09-2023, 09:05 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,230,241 times
Default This coming from an immigration attorney

Quote:
I'm for more immigration so long as they meet certain criteria...

Not sick

Not felons

Can speak coversational English

Have a High School diploma

Have enough money to exist for 6 months, or have a sponsor

Have passed a civics test about U.S. gov't

Are of working age
The only thing that the federal government can not tolerate is balkanization. That means, whole communities of illegals living together who do not assimilate. Presently, in Las Angeles, Caucasians are in the minority.

They take jobs, low paying service jobs mostly, and are a huge drain on our tax structure. They demand more services than they pay for through taxes if they pay tax at all.

It will take decades for the current huge influx to assimilate. But probably our culture will change. Notice how many ads are in the Spanish language. The models in ads are no longer blond Nordic types. Not saying its good or bad, but times they are changing.

Old 03-10-2023, 04:39 AM

26,447 posts, read 13,321,307 times
Quote:

Read my qualifications for entry. If you dont agree with them, then we'll have to agree to disagree....no hard feelings just different political opinions.

What is your solution to a shrinking population, a shrinking larbor participation rate, & an aging population?

The gov't has made America a bad place to have families....look at the urban areas they control...no dads in sight, runaway abortion, not many good jobs. Libs hate families, so this is what results.

Old 03-10-2023, 06:19 AM

63,504 posts, read 29,531,883 times
Quote:
Read my qualifications for entry. If you dont agree with them, then we'll have to agree to disagree....no hard feelings just different political opinions.How

What is your solution to a shrinking population, a shrinking larbor participation rate, & an aging population?

The gov't has made America a bad place to have families....look at the urban areas they control...no dads in sight, runaway abortion, not many good jobs. Libs hate families, so this is what results.
I did read them. How many of them from south of our border can speak English? How many of them have High School diplomas? How many of them have enough money to exist for 6 months or have a sponsor? How many of them can pass a civics test about the U.S. government? How many of them have skills we actually need? Virtually none...... and they are the ones clamouring to get into our country not the opposite.

I already told you that a smaller population to fit a smaller economy is much healthier for everyone. Again, what you are proposing is nothing but a Ponzi scheme where we would need a constant flow of new immigrants that won't be net taxpayers but net takers. Until you can provide proof that we have millions of educated and skilled immigrants clamouring to come here to take "necessary" jobs that can't be filled by Americans then the ones I described would be the ones we would get. No thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration