Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 11:21 AM

6,558 posts, read 3,233,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisal1902 View Post
.........I disagree with you about the greed aspect. To you, illegal labor is okay because it's needed by employers. To me, illegal labor isn't okay because it breaks U.S. law, is exploitive, stresses U.S. resources, and leaves taxpayers to foot bills for greedy employers.
Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 12:22 PM

2,156 posts, read 1,456,909 times
Quote:
My comprehension is fine. Now you're saying employers want "honest" employees, but employers don't consider illegals to be doing anything dishonest, so there's no problem about using them. Gotcha.
It took a while but it seems you are finally getting it.

Quote:

I disagree with you about the greed aspect. To you, illegal labor is okay because it's needed by employers. To me, illegal labor isn't okay because it breaks U.S. law, is exploitive, stresses U.S. resources, and leaves taxpayers to foot bills for greedy employers.
You are free to make those arguments obviously. The US govt clearly has disagreed, a lot of employers don't agree, and a percentage of the US populace is pretty much indifferent. Those forces combined have been able to impose their collective wills for the past couple decades.

Old 01-09-2024, 01:43 PM

63,268 posts, read 29,358,206 times
Quote:
It took awhile for you to explain it straightforwardly.

Yes, we disagree on this subject. As do millions of Americans. I haven't met many Texans who are indifferent about it. It appears that New York and Chicago citizens -- even with a relatively small influx of illegals -- are finally waking up to how illegal migration has affected people in the Southwest for a long time.
So there are many lawless crooks in our government, businesses and among mainstream Americans to is that some sort of justification for illegal immigration? Why even bring that up? Tell us something we don't already know. There are millions of Americans that don't approve of illegal immigration to. Saying that crooks outnumber us is the topic for conservation instead? It's nothing but a veiled attempt to say one is on the crook's sides and it's ok for them to break the law. How is there reason to be proud of that?

Old 01-09-2024, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So there are many lawless crooks in our government, businesses and among mainstream Americans to is that some sort of justification for illegal immigration? Why even bring that up? Tell us something we don't already know. There are millions of Americans that don't approve of illegal immigration to. Saying that crooks outnumber us is the topic for conservation instead? It's nothing but a veiled attempt to say one is on the crook's sides and it's ok for them to break the law. How is there reason to be proud of that?
The straight facts may be uncomfortable for people to accept but they are what they are!

It seems the best move forward is for conservatives to reconsider 'comprehensive immigration reform' By taking it off the table years ago, another 10 million have entered illegally and more by the day.

Old 01-09-2024, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I don't think a lot of people accept these "facts." And it doesn't make it right. If someone goes along with it, they're complicit in it.
I know a lot of people refuse to accept the facts, but it doesn't change what has been going on now for decades! Republicans could have been part of a solution long ago, instead another 10 million have entered illegally. By this time next year another million maybe.

Old 01-09-2024, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I don't think a lot of people accept these "facts." And it doesn't make it right. If someone goes along with it, they're complicit in it. Not too long ago, a nation of 80 million people became aware of the disappearance of millions of their citizens but learned to uncomfortably accept what it was ...
And back in 1986 there was an amnesty for 3 million and today we have at least 30 million. See what the results of amnesty are? Only a fool couldn't. Rewarding law breakers only encourages more to do the same. Stop giving them amnesties, remove all of the incentives for them to come here, enforce our immigration laws both at the border and internally and most won't come here. It's going to happen in the near future as this is unsustainable. Mark my words change is a coming!

Old 01-09-2024, 07:09 PM

Quote:
And back in 1986 there was an amnesty for 3 million and today we have at least 30 million. See what the results of amnesty are? Only a fool couldn't. Rewarding law breakers only encourages more to do the same. Stop giving them amnesties, remove all of the incentives for them to come here, enforce our immigration laws both at the border and internally and most won't come here. It's going to happen in the near future as this is unsustainable. Mark my words change is a coming!
I would think we are reaching a point where we don't need as many workers, but then again, I thought that last year too. With so many boomers dying out maybe we do still need more. We should probably amnesty the 30-45 million now as part of the next immigration reform plan and do a better job going forward of sealing borders up. We can greatly increase the legal immigration quotas as a part of that type of deal.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I think you misunderstood me. A lot of people don't accept what you call "facts" as a done deal. .
These are the facts I'm referring to. They seem pretty indisputable to me. I mean look at the illegal immigration that has occurred over the past decade or two. That is the indisputable evidence.

'The US govt clearly has disagreed, a lot of employers don't agree, and a percentage of the US populace is pretty much indifferent. Those forces combined have been able to impose their collective wills for the past couple decades."

Quote:
Why are you trying to bait Old Glory?
My statement was nothing but my earnest opinion. It's the old if you can't deal with the opinion, try to silence it! This is an illegal immigration subforum, there may be opinions you don't like.

Old 01-09-2024, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Why are you trying to bait Old Glory?
Lol, as if these poor, uneducated and unskilled illegals could replace the skilled blue and white collared boomers anyway. There is no comparison job, education or money wise. Poverty begets poverty to. Latinos in particular don't even value an education. It's a cultural thing.

Old 01-09-2024, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Latinos in particular don't even value an education. It's a cultural thing.
I wouldn't be so sure about all these blanket statements regarding supposed values. When there are opportunities to learn, and the time to do so, Latinos are just as interested/capable as anyone else. They are used to being unjustly criticized by older Americans. Being that they are a fairly good-natured bunch they more often than not let it slide.

Quote:
Lol, as if these poor, uneducated and unskilled illegals could replace the skilled blue and white collared boomers anyway. .
It has already been happening. The youngest of the boomers are almost 60, the rest are older or already retired/deceased. The Latinos have replaced a lot already. Often, they are the protégé that takes over the business. Being brought up poor is probably helpful in many respects; it forces people at a young age to figure things out, rather than cry for help at first sign of difficulty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration