Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 12:11 PM

63,038 posts, read 29,235,885 times

Advertisements

The leaders of our country and industries are just the greedy rich. Why wouldn't they want cheap labor to fatten their wallets but they are anti-American to the core so what they want or think doesn't matter morally or lawfully anyway. They are violating our immigration and labor laws and discriminating against Americans on the job. They'd rather hire an unskilled "immigrant" than to pay a skilled American worker a fair wage. It's disgusting that anyone would support that if they care about their fellow Americans.

No one dislikes good change but unlawful immigration is not good change nor is importing millions of poor, uneducated and unskilled foreigners good for our society. Poverty breeds more poverty to.

Lol, that someone disagrees with the facts right from the horse's mouth and those who actually work on and monitor the border themselves. Makes one some kind of special *****!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 12:33 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,448,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The leaders of our country and industries are just the greedy rich. Why wouldn't they want cheap labor to fatten their wallets but they are anti-American to the core so what they want or think doesn't matter morally or lawfully anyway. They are violating our immigration and labor laws and discriminating against Americans on the job. They'd rather hire an unskilled "immigrant" than to pay a skilled American worker a fair wage. It's disgusting that anyone would support that if they care about their fellow Americans.
I'd say that the leaders of the country and industries see the bigger picture more so than the average poster on this subforum.

Quote:
Lol, that someone disagrees with the facts right from the horse's mouth and those who actually work on and monitor the border themselves. Makes one some kind of special *****!
No, I don't agree with the people you are saying are the 'horse's mouth'. It is an isolated antidote and doesn't account for many other factors you aren't mentioning, but I have in other posts. The wall as it sits isn't nearly as effective as some people pretend it is or would be if it were even longer.

Old 01-07-2024, 02:37 PM

26,003 posts, read 22,192,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisal1902 View Post
I agree that they see a bigger picture. A much bigger picture that's spelled $-$-$-$-$.
While we pick up the $-$-$-$-$-............. to birth and pay to raise their anchor babies, pay for their emergency medical care, have 1/2 million homeless mostly singles on our streets while anchor babies put illegals in government housing with a preference due to "children", cost of incarceration of more than a few, cost in lives due to illegals breaking our laws, cost of chasing down drug dealers and human traffickers........

Detain and deport per the law. Trump promises if elected, the biggest deportation effort in our history, and that is the job of the President, and one would never know that with Biden in office, and that alone should have led to his impeachment.

We will all have less as they suck down our tax dollars, and destroy our country. Our economy will eventually collapse, and it won't take long, unless we do the right thing and get Trump back into office.

Old 01-07-2024, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
While we pick up the $-$-$-$-$-............. to birth and pay to raise their anchor babies, pay for their emergency medical care, have 1/2 million homeless mostly singles on our streets while anchor babies put illegals in government housing with a preference due to "children", cost of incarceration of more than a few, cost in lives due to illegals breaking our laws, cost of chasing down drug dealers and human traffickers........

Detain and deport per the law. Trump promises if elected, the biggest deportation effort in our history, and that is the job of the President, and one would never know that with Biden in office, and that alone should have led to his impeachment.

We will all have less as they suck down our tax dollars, and destroy our country. Our economy will eventually collapse, and it won't take long, unless we do the right thing and get Trump back into office.
If not Trump then I hope we will elect a president that will enforce our immigration laws like he did and will carry on with his plans to rid our country of as many illegals as we can.

Old 01-07-2024, 04:42 PM

6,493 posts, read 3,182,955 times
Quote:

Old 01-07-2024, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I just don't see any president deporting 25million to 79million people in the US. It is a fairy tale.

Quote:

My impression is the majority of lawmakers believe the influx of illegals has been a net positive for the country. We have taken a lot of the most productive and physically able people from their home countries and put them to work here.

Old 01-08-2024, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
..............My impression is the majority of lawmakers believe the influx of illegals has been a net positive for the country. We have taken a lot of the most productive and physically able people from their home countries and put them to work here.

We have??? Doing WHAT?????

First of all, these people, for the most part, can't even speak English, so how would they be able to communicate, and learn a job, here?? Or are you expecting those "evil, greedy, business owners" to learn several foreign languages??

Secondly, the short sighted, "green weenies" have already done their best to enact draconian anti-pollution laws, which have decimated American factories, sending their jobs to China. So, WTH are these marginally educated, non-English speaking people going to find work???

Old 01-08-2024, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
[/i][/b]

First of all, these people, for the most part, can't even speak English, so how would they be able to communicate, and learn a job, here?? Or are you expecting those "evil, greedy, business owners" to learn several foreign languages??

Secondly, the short sighted, "green weenies" have already done their best to enact draconian anti-pollution laws, which have decimated American factories, sending their jobs to China. So, WTH are these marginally educated, non-English speaking people going to find work???
Also, it doesn't matter what "some" of our corrupt law makers or greedy business owners want or think. They are violating our immigration laws! These illegals are not a net positive on regular Americans as we have to subsidize their social and living costs and put up with the overcrowded conditions that they impose on us and the added crime but they don't care! They don't care that they have taken once good paying jobs from our own able bodied and productive Americans by working for less either. I can't for the life of me understand how any regular American is ok with this. They either hire them for profit or they have ethnic or personal ties to them. Either way it's self-serving and anti-American to the core.

Old 01-08-2024, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Also, it doesn't matter what "some" of our corrupt law makers or greedy business owners want or think. They are violating our immigration laws! These illegals are not a net positive on regular Americans as we have to subsidize their social and living costs and put up with the overcrowded conditions that they impose on us and the added crime but they don't care! I can't for the life of me understand how any regular American is ok with this. They either hire them for profit or they have ethnic or personal ties to them. Either way it's self-serving and anti-American to the core.

Old 01-08-2024, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
[/i][/b]

There are a lot of question marks at the beginning of your post. From plumbers to pipefitters, and bus drivers to freeway maintenance workers, there are a lot of jobs that are being filled.

Insofar as pollution laws. I know I don't want my family to live with bad air. The air was very bad when I was a kid, and my lungs would hurt after physical exertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration