Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 03:13 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,417,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I see your point: I phrased my post badly------my error

Rosa Parks: who will be the one individual that symbolizes our struggle against MEChA and its handmaidens?
I'm seriously thinking of going back to my old neighborhood and educating/rallying the troops. There are plenty of unemployed, low skilled black young men and women who are desperate for jobs.

It just may be me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 03:13 PM

299 posts, read 547,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! There have been so many, it's hard to keep up with them.
Like I have said, they expect to be treated special and actually demand it.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
How true! There have been so many, it's hard to keep up with them.
Knowing that the party is just getting started fills me with glee.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,575,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'm seriously thinking of going back to my old neighborhood and educating/rallying the troops. There are plenty of unemployed, low skilled black young men and women who are desperate for jobs.

It just may be me.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,158,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

It just may be me.
Smile when you say that: it may be the Blacks who will issue a 'call-to-arms' against the illegals------and, many of the White, etc. folks will help.

Suffice to say: I hope to God that Washington defuses the impending situation with anti illegal immigration laws similar to Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.-------and, enforces them.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I'm giving it some serious thought and have already begun strategizing to see how much I can accomplish before the elections.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,575,861 times
Quote:
Smile when you say that: it may be the Blacks who will issue a 'call-to-arms' against the illegals------and, many of the White, etc. folks will help.

Suffice to say: I hope to God that Washington defuses the impending situation with laws similar to Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.-------and, enforces them.
I couldn't agree more. This is too serious an issue to ignore. Lord only knows how many incidents of violence we haven't heard about due to the lack of info from the MSM. As you mentioned earlier, I certainly don’t want anyone taking out their frustrations on my son or any innocent person.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:

Suffice to say: I hope to God that Washington defuses the impending situation with anti illegal immigration laws similar to Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.-------and, enforces them.

Sorry, I guess you can't see me smiling "behind my computer screen".

Old 07-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. This is too serious an issue to ignore. Lord only knows how many incidents of violence we haven't heard about due to the lack of info from the MSM. As you mentioned earlier, I certainly don’t want anyone taking out their frustrations on my son or any innocent person.
They've hidden it for a very long time. I first noticed the huge influx in 1998 on my way to work one day. Because I don't live in the city or the Northern burbs (where they are concentrated) I had no idea of the monstrous numbers. I am one of those people that the marches "woke up" and I've been fighting in every way I possibly can since that day.

I don't want anybody taking their frustrations out on your baby or any other innocent person either. I'm in this for the long haul and I've got plenty of fight left in me.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:56 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,334,227 times
Quote:

I agree. I guess my feeling has been that this whole mess can go one of two ways. Americans of all colors and backgrounds will fight this and win. I have always hoped that if we had to deal with this illegal invasion-wouldn't it be wonderful if we not only won to save our country for all Americans but somehow as a side effect of all different Americans fighting together-perhaps racial relationships would improve? I mean there will always be racism and things will never be "perfect"-but if Americans-regardless of race fight together to save their country for a cause that truly has NOTHING to do with race-shouldn't race relations automatically improve? I hope and pray they do.

The second way that I have pondered it turning out is the one that makes me sad. I fear that wackos, extremists, racists etc. could in fact attack-physically or otherwise- those who are here legally and Americans of Hispanic descent because of screwed up beliefs that all Hispanics are illegal, etc. I guess I should say more than Hispanic really any legal immigrant or foreign born person. It is something that I think about a lot. In addition to innocent people getting hurt or worse, that will only make racial relations worse. Then throw in the pro-illegal lobby-who cries racism every chance they get and things really go down hill.

Of course I am optomistic and fighting for #1. I think enough people realize that most Americans opposed to illegals are opposed not because of race but because they break the rules and are erroding the American way of life. I do realize there are people that are against all immigrants-legal or illegal because they are haters, racists, etc. but I believe that they are in fact the minority and not the majority of Americans.

Nicolem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration