Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Making Illegal's Legal Ruin Mexican Work Ethics?
Yes, they would become lazy like the current American Citizens. 12 70.59%
No, they would continue to work cheap and work hard. 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 AM

264 posts, read 2,144,510 times

Advertisements

Would making illegal immigrants legal citizens ruin the Mexican work force?

I am for tight border security and I dislike illegal imigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 10:08 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,595,769 times
The entire poll is premised on the ASSumption that American citizens are lazy. I find that misleading at best, and refuse to vote.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,333,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
The entire poll is premised on the ASSumption that American citizens are lazy. I find that misleading at best, and refuse to vote.
Agreed. Many on here, myself included, do not buy into the pro-illegal battle cry of "lazy Americans" and "jobs Americans refuse to do". The pro-illegal crowd can shout it a billion times -it still does not make it true.

Nicolem

Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Well the majority of American's are lazy and I'm sure we would all agree to that. I know there are a small percentage of hard workers. We do have the fattest people in the world in our country.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Agreed. Many on here, myself included, do not buy into the pro-illegal battle cry of "lazy Americans" and "jobs Americans refuse to do". The pro-illegal crowd can shout it a billion times -it still does not make it true.

Nicolem
I'm anti-illegal immigration, but I do understand that American's are lazy. We only work 8 hours a day, except for the security guards and construction workers.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:20 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,740,626 times
This poll seems a little slanted to me....can't vote as I don't believe all Americans are lazy or that all illegals are hard workers.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
This poll seems a little slanted to me....can't vote as I don't believe all Americans are lazy or that all illegals are hard workers.
Well I put both as a majority. The majority of Illegal workers are not lazy, they are in a constant state of fear. Americans are not lazy when we need them most, such as 9/11, Katrina, etc....

Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,344,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
I'm anti-illegal immigration, but I do understand that American's are lazy. We only work 8 hours a day, except for the security guards and construction workers.
If anyone is lazy, it's the Europeans - they're always on vacation.

Many Americans these days work much more than 8 hours/day, since many need more than one job with everything going up except wages.

I would never buy the argument that Americans are lazy - I know too many people who work their butts off. I think the illegals are lazy, because instead of trying to make their own country better, they take the easy way out, come up here, and take our benefits. Sounds lazy to me.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:24 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,333,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
If anyone is lazy, it's the Europeans - they're always on vacation.

Many Americans these days work much more than 8 hours/day, since many need more than one job with everything going up except wages.

I would never buy the argument that Americans are lazy - I know too many people who work their butts off. I think the illegals are lazy, because instead of trying to make their own country better, they take the easy way out, come up here, and take our benefits. Sounds lazy to me.

Bravo!!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,740,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
Well I put both as a majority. The majority of Illegal workers are not lazy, they are in a constant state of fear. Americans are not lazy when we need them most, such as 9/11, Katrina, etc....

I still don't think the "majority" goes both ways.

Did I read correctly that you are against illegal immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration