Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Making Illegal's Legal Ruin Mexican Work Ethics?
Yes, they would become lazy like the current American Citizens. 12 70.59%
No, they would continue to work cheap and work hard. 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:05 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
Are they doing it for $7-8 an hour? If so, I applaud them.

And why should they do it for 7-8 an hour? I'm sure the houses that she's talking about, will actually be built to last a bit longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 08:06 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
So because they're Latino you automatically assume they're illegal...?

Well odds are.......

Old 07-23-2008, 08:37 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,808,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
So because they're Latino you automatically assume they're illegal...?
From my personal experience in construction that is my assumption, yes. I worked for a couple of years in that industry, and got to know some of the workers. Indeed a large majority were here illegally.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 966 times
If Mexicans are such hard workers like they claim, then why can't they work hard in their own country, and straighten out the mess they all made in Mexico? Mexico has been a country longer than the United States, and yet they are behind allmost all countries in every catagorie !! Everyone knows they are not very bright people, even other Hispanic people think the same about the Mexicans

Old 06-22-2011, 04:26 AM

264 posts, read 2,144,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan boy View Post
If Mexicans are such hard workers like they claim, then why can't they work hard in their own country, and straighten out the mess they all made in Mexico? Mexico has been a country longer than the United States, and yet they are behind allmost all countries in every catagorie !! Everyone knows they are not very bright people, even other Hispanic people think the same about the Mexicans
The same reason the United States is behind, because of corruption, corporations and greed.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:37 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan boy View Post
Mexico has NOT been a country longer than the United States. We have been a nation since 1776. Mexico has only officially been a nation since 1821.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:39 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
I decline to vote. I do not believe that the MAJORITY of Americans are lazy, nor do I believe that the MAJORITY of Hispanics word harder. Visit areas of Los Angeles County and see how many spend the day hanging out on the front steps with their "homies."

Old 06-22-2011, 02:41 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
...Mexico has only officially been a nation since 1821.
And that is of course why they are celebrating their Bi-Centennial this year...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 06-22-2011 at 02:54 PM..

Old 06-25-2011, 05:00 AM

264 posts, read 2,144,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I decline to vote. I do not believe that the MAJORITY of Americans are lazy, nor do I believe that the MAJORITY of Hispanics word harder. Visit areas of Los Angeles County and see how many spend the day hanging out on the front steps with their "homies."
I'm talking about the ones that don't know English. e.g. border jumpers.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:30 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
I cant participate in the poll. It is based on the assumption that illegals as a group are all hard working and have a superior work ethic. because they work cheap and are willing to break our laws does not mean that they are also hardworking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration