Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,935,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
And also.. I really don't know why we're talking about teenage birth rates, we know Britain beats out all countries. And really it has nothing to do with immigration. Unless Jamie Lynn spears thinks so otherwise.
of course it has to do with immigration, both illegal and legal. These idiot illegal mothers would not have so many kids if they had to work to support them. Our country should stop all benefits to ALL immigrants, legal and illegal. Benefits should only go to citizens.

1,417 posts, read 1,161,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It always amazes me that to make an excuse for the criminals "stealing" from our country people will constantly tell us how our citizens take advantage of programs. While it is not right for anyone to do this it is double wrong for illegals to do it. I also wish they would take away WIC and all of the other incentives our government has given to people to continue to have babies that can't afford them. I also wish that we would go back to how it used to be that a girl was ashamed of being pregnant without being married.

The way I see it is this. If the Government chooses to give social programs to people who really need it, they should implement new plans to prevent abuse. From what my aunt is telling me, a lot of the people really don't need it.

2,065 posts, read 3,600,828 times
Quote:
And also.. I really don't know why we're talking about teenage birth rates, we know Britain beats out all countries. And really it has nothing to do with immigration. Unless Jamie Lynn spears thinks so otherwise.
Maybe another look at the title of this thread is in order?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
of course it has to do with immigration, both illegal and legal. These idiot illegal mothers would not have so many kids if they had to work to support them. Our country should stop all benefits to ALL immigrants, legal and illegal. Benefits should only go to citizens.
And even then, citizens who "actually need it".

Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
The way I see it is this. If the Government chooses to give social programs to people who really need it, they should implement new plans to prevent abuse. From what my aunt is telling me, a lot of the people really don't need it.
I have been saying that for many decades now. The Hispanics learned how to abuse the system from other minorities and there you have it. There are plenty white American citizens who also abuse the system and I would like to see that stopped, but in all honesty, at least they are citizens.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Maybe another look at the title of this thread is in order?
OP never mentioned teen birth rates. He tried to play it off as the phenomenon of the the myth titled: "reconquista".

Old 07-31-2008, 10:17 AM

To tell you the truth I would like to see all benefits stopped for everyone. I find it funny that our parents and their parents were able to take care of their families without the help of government but the generations we have nowadays can't do anythng on their own.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I have been saying that for many decades now. The Hispanics learned how to abuse the system from other minorities and there you have it. There are plenty white American citizens who also abuse the system and I would like to see that stopped, but in all honesty, at least they are citizens.
What? Are you trying to tell me that Hispanics aren't citizens? The majority of people of Latino heritage are LEGAL AMERICAN'S. Take a second to breath in this concept as the term 'Hispanic' refers to Americans of spanish-speaking country decent.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,600,828 times
Quote:
OP never mentioned teen birth rates. He tried to play it off as the phenomenon of the the myth titled: "reconquista".
There is WAY TOO MUCH EVIDENCE out there to call the Reconquista a 'myth'. It is an accepted process in Mexico, as evidenced by the support it receives from the Mexican government and the Mexican people.

Quote:
In his speech, Mr. Calderón, who has acknowledged that he has relatives who migrated to the United States, suggested that the deportation of undocumented immigrants bordered on a violation of human rights, and he vowed to help illegal migrants.

“I have said that Mexico does not stop at its border, that wherever there is a Mexican, there is Mexico,” he said.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
There is WAY TOO MUCH EVIDENCE out there to call the Reconquista a 'myth'. It is an accepted process in Mexico, as evidenced by the support it receives from the Mexican government and the Mexican people.
You mean because a group of people are calling the massive immigration "La reconquista", its deemed true I'm pretty sure if it follows ones agenda, one is willing to believe anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration