Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:31 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,484,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
There will be amnesty wait and see. It will be a great day for the America's combine them all into one
Must be Miss Cleo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 02:31 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,491,093 times
Default Amnesty is a bad idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
There will be amnesty wait and see. It will be a great day for the America's combine them all into one
Amnesty would result in only more legal and illegal immigration. Have you seen the numbers?

At current rates the U.S. will add another 135 million people. If immigration were accelerated there could be another 350 million people giving the U.S. a population of close to 700 million by 2050.

Does anyone really want that?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:31 AM

707 posts, read 1,294,740 times
I saw that senile Alan Greenspan say that more immigrants is the solution to the housing crisis. Let more in, they buy up more homes.

This is the solution from the clueless guy responsible for the current crisis.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,346,615 times
I guess with such overpopulation on the planet, we can't expect NOT to be invaded by third-world countries.

If we had stopped population growth all over the world years ago, we wouldn't have this problem. Thanks to the Catholic church, and abstinance education, and people who breed when they should not be breeding (like if they can't afford children), no access to birth control in some areas, etc.

It's a damned shame what we've done by overpopulating the planet.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,339,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I guess with such overpopulation on the planet, we can't expect NOT to be invaded by third-world countries.

If we had stopped population growth all over the world years ago, we wouldn't have this problem. Thanks to the Catholic church, and abstinance education, and people who breed when they should not be breeding (like if they can't afford children), no access to birth control in some areas, etc.

It's a damned shame what we've done by overpopulating the planet.

I agree.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,654,078 times
I wonder why we don't hear much about this from environmental groups. Yes, we should all recycle and be concerned about our carbon footprints etc...but by adding 100+million people to the country......

Emmigration is great, and we built our country on it. However, it is past time to resurrect the quotas of the past and only allow in those that will add to the nation -- and not many of them at that.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,339,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I wonder why we don't hear much about this from environmental groups. Yes, we should all recycle and be concerned about our carbon footprints etc...but by adding 100+million people to the country......

Emmigration is great, and we built our country on it. However, it is past time to resurrect the quotas of the past and only allow in those that will add to the nation -- and not many of them at that.
We don't hear it because a lot of the big pro-environmental groups are very left and anti-American. Please don't misread- I know there are right wingers for illegals too- I am just addressing the environmental groups with this post.

A few years back- a board member on the Sierra Club had a very logical anti-illegal stance. His stance was that this illegal invasion was a big harm to the environement. Not only causing overpopulation and a huge taxing on natural resources but all the overbuilding, pollution etc. Not to mention the tons of garbage along the US-Mexican border. Or the wildlife who are either being eaten by illegals or whose habitat is being destroyed. All very logical and accurate points. He was kicked off of the board for his "radical" views.

The "creator" of Earth Day back in the 1970's warned us all of overpopulation back then. He stated that overpopulation was one of the biggest factors in the detriment to our environment. However-those who "celebrate" earth day seldom bring that up today.

Just look at Al Gore and the whole global warming issue. How often is overpopulation discussed?. Do they ever view securing our borders or cracking down on world population as a solution?

I am not saying all environmental groups are like this. Some are not and do realize that overpopulation is a huge strain on our environment. I happen to belong to the NH Forest society and they take overpopulation very seriously. They are not political-both republicans and democrats have won their "Forrestor of the Year" award. NH is growing fast-a lot of open space being built up and they take very seriously the fact that overpopulation plays a huge role in how our environment is affected.

Nicolem

Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
I saw that senile Alan Greenspan say that more immigrants is the solution to the housing crisis. Let more in, they buy up more homes.

This is the solution from the clueless guy responsible for the current crisis.
“If we open up our borders….we could supress wages of middle class jobs” - Alan Greenspan

Scroll down for video

NoSlaves.com (http://blog.noslaves.com/alan-greenspan-recommends-wiping-out-the-middle-class/ - broken link)

Old 08-18-2008, 10:27 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,346,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
We don't hear it because a lot of the big pro-environmental groups are very left and anti-American. Please don't misread- I know there are right wingers for illegals too- I am just addressing the environmental groups with this post.

A few years back- a board member on the Sierra Club had a very logical anti-illegal stance. His stance was that this illegal invasion was a big harm to the environement. Not only causing overpopulation and a huge taxing on natural resources but all the overbuilding, pollution etc. Not to mention the tons of garbage along the US-Mexican border. Or the wildlife who are either being eaten by illegals or whose habitat is being destroyed. All very logical and accurate points. He was kicked off of the board for his "radical" views.

The "creator" of Earth Day back in the 1970's warned us all of overpopulation back then. He stated that overpopulation was one of the biggest factors in the detriment to our environment. However-those who "celebrate" earth day seldom bring that up today.

Just look at Al Gore and the whole global warming issue. How often is overpopulation discussed?. Do they ever view securing our borders or cracking down on world population as a solution?

I am not saying all environmental groups are like this. Some are not and do realize that overpopulation is a huge strain on our environment. I happen to belong to the NH Forest society and they take overpopulation very seriously. They are not political-both republicans and democrats have won their "Forrestor of the Year" award. NH is growing fast-a lot of open space being built up and they take very seriously the fact that overpopulation plays a huge role in how our environment is affected.

Nicolem
I guess since we're a rich country, we're expected to take in anybody else who lives somewhere that is not so great, particularly Mexico (although they ARE rich). We're supposed to feel guilty about having what we have, and we have to share it, even though the people we bring in just rip us off and hate us, besides.

It's not PC to assure that our quality of life needs to be preserved for the future. That would sound like we aren't guilty, and we're actually thinking of ourselves and this beautiful country. America is supposed to think of everyone else, and pay for everyone else, too.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 AM

21 posts, read 61,880 times
Angry The Cost of Immigration

Congress has not told their American citizens the cost of having illegal immigrants in this country. And of course, we cannot blame them. After you read these facts and figures, you'd be ashamed too.
Welfare: $11 billion to $22 billion dollars are spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year.
Food assistance: $2.2 billion dollars a year are spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Social services: Add social services to welfare and food assistance and American taxpayers are spending $90 billion dollars a year are spent on illegal aliens.
Medicaid: $2.5 billion dollars a year are spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Lost wages: Americans lose $200 billion dollars a year in suppressed wages caused by illegal aliens.
The list goes on and on, but the ending numbers are this: Illegal immigrants cost the average U.S. taxpayer, that is you and I, $338.3 BILLION dollars a year. What else could be done with this money? No easy answers to the question of what to do, but something must be done now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration