Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times

Advertisements

When my wife got her British residency, she had to be in the UK two years before qualifying. We went to get her full Visa from the Immigration office in London and the guy who sorted out our papers couldn't speak English Properly. He said because we were two papers short of the full quota he would trat the visit as a "decline" and we would have to come back with the papers ( just proof of Clubs Societies she belonged to etc) I very nearly asked him how the hell he got in, but thought better of it. She got her full Visa on the next visit. Could you imagine a situation in America where what you do will be decided by an Illegal Immigrant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 12:49 PM

4 posts, read 45,093 times
You have some nerve making these statements. I do not feel sorry for immigrants on any level. We are all born into this world, with free will to choose what kind of choices we will make in life. These so called "illegal" immigrants are people who are choosing to enter and live in a country without doing the necessary legal steps to reap what they sow. So, as a result, the do reap what they sow. Yes, many of them do an honest days work, but they are not in our country honestly. i sure as heck don't think that Mexico would let Americans come in, work, live, and pay them social security if the americans refused to follow mexico's laws- we all now this!! Its a double standard. Everyone thinks that America is the land of obligated opportunity. And that everyone should have what they want. My grand parents were immigrants, who went through the proper legal steps to live and work in America. They follow the rules and laws of the country they live in. They assimilate, they made a life for themselves, and they are reaping the benefits of being an American because they truly are!! I have no sympathy for illegals who feel the system is unfair, because they are not even signing up to be an honest part of the American system. basically, follow the law and then you can have the right to complain. As far as who the states of the SW belong to? They belong to all people who live there. Again, its insecurity, lack of intelligence and small man syndrome of people complaining that US stole part of mexico. last time i checked, its was mexico's own demise, greed and lack of compassion for its citizens that lead to the loss of that land. And its much better off with the US now. maybe we should compare the countriesif Mexico is so great, why areinsane levels are all of its citizens fleeing to the US???? Last time I check Americans weren't racing over the border to live in Mexico for free. Check yourself. Its no wonder why some mexicans complain about the poor "illegal" immigrant. They don't want to work hard and do whats necessary- they are looking for and easy way out and they think america should just give it to them. We all have opportunity, its just making the decision to use your brain, research, and take the necessary opportunities to seize the opportunities. I welcome any people from any country- just respect the laws and abide by them in the country you live in! Simple.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Nope, no green card. Citizen, person, whatever you know what I meant.
Your friend is a criminal. We are discussing Felonies here now

Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Your friend is a criminal. We are discussing Felonies here now
Don't go getting your panties in a twist

Old 08-15-2008, 01:55 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
i think this guy is a troll. and he probably isnt brown either. he said "la raza" in one of his other posts. only the anti-illegal crowd says that. others would say the name of an actual organization.

it sounds like he is jus tryin to start stuff, whether to incite more anit-iilegal sentiment here, or be funny, who knows.

but dont let this troll drag you under the bridge.

he has nothing real to say. actually a lot of you dont, but this guy especially. achury? what the hell is that?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:10 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Citizen, as in person. I guess maybe they did have a social security card, who knows? I just know that they weren't a U.S. citizen & they worked & paid taxes. This is a fact, why are you arguing w/me about it?

Yes you can work here without being a citizen legally.
All you have to do is pay taxes. This is why amnesty is important.
Its not right to say no citizenship to those who contribute so much to America.

America should pay Mexico back taxes for CA-Texas and Arizona but since they do not amnesty is a step in right direction.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If they think they're getting ripped off, they should leave.

Why leave what actually is ours ? When amnesty comes within 2 to 3 years maybe you can leave back to Europe .

You are welcomed to stay but if uncomfortable than leave . There will be a new "guard" at the gate soon enough.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:16 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
It is counterintuitive to assume that someone can sneak into the country, obtain a fake Social Security card and/or counterfeit birth certificate, obtain a driver license, falsify employment applications to illegally obtain work in the United States and then become a model citizen. In fact, these illegals become the unwitting pawns in a host of illegal activities that are only possible because they are illegally here in the first place.
Part 2- Myth: Illegal Mexican Workers are law-abiding - BrooWaha New York (http://newyork.broowaha.com/article.php?id=1579 - broken link)

Old 08-15-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Part 2- Myth: Illegal Mexican Workers are law-abiding - BrooWaha New York (http://newyork.broowaha.com/article.php?id=1579 - broken link)

Your link is bias propoganda and yes maybe 1 or 2 might not be good people but millions are.

News flash- We are here to STAY and we contribute to America

What America Owes Mexico | Best Syndication

Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i think this guy is a troll. and he probably isnt brown either. he said "la raza" in one of his other posts. only the anti-illegal crowd says that. others would say the name of an actual organization.

it sounds like he is jus tryin to start stuff, whether to incite more anit-iilegal sentiment here, or be funny, who knows.

but dont let this troll drag you under the bridge.

he has nothing real to say. actually a lot of you dont, but this guy especially. achury? what the hell is that?
Maybe he/she was thinking this when they came up with their name?
Chimichurri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But you're right - does not pass the troll test and I hope someone notices soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration