Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:50 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
Your link is bias propoganda and yes maybe 1 or 2 might not be good people but millions are.

News flash- We are here to STAY and we contribute to America

What America Owes Mexico | Best Syndication
You still have not explained how you and your hombres are going to run the Federal Reserve if none of you know how to add or subtract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 PM

582 posts, read 2,039,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Yes as a matter of fact I am negative about illegal aliens-why should I not be? They are criminals and lawbreakers. l don't feel the need to sit around a fire, sing kumbya and be "positive" about it.
Are you negative about illegals or just hispanics in general?It sounds to me like there is more than just not liking illegals.
The vibes i get is a lot of hate for people you don't even know.I can
understand that they're illegal but they are human you know.Should they be here?of course not.What we should do is throw out anyone that does not contribute to this country legal or illegal and we've got plenty of those.The ones sleeping in their couch with my tax dollars or eating up my
retirement money collecting ssi and nothing is wrong them should be the ones to go.Working people are losing their homes while we've got idiots couped up in a housing development with all expenses paid.That is Wrong!
Get a life or get out!

Old 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Are you negative about illegals or just hispanics in general?It sounds to me like there is more than just not liking illegals.The vibes i get is a lot of hate for people you don't even know.I can
understand that they're illegal but they are human you know.Should they be here?of course not.What we should do is throw out anyone that does not contribute to this country legal or illegal and we've got plenty of those.The ones sleeping in their couch with my tax dollars or eating up my
retirement money collecting ssi and nothing is wrong them should be the ones to go.Working people are losing their homes while we've got idiots couped up in a housing development with all expenses paid.That is Wrong!
Get a life or get out!
OK now that you have made your little speech-throwing around words like "hate" how about backing up your accusations. Where have I stated that I am only against Hispanics? I am against all illegal aliens and I don't give a damn where they come from. I have a right to be angry about an illegal invasion-people who break laws, steal id's etc. People who come in here and throw around the words hate really need to educate themselves on the difference between the word hate and the word angry. I will be waiting for proof to your accusation.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:07 PM

681 posts, read 2,360,347 times
Quote:
We have brilliant hombres y senoras who are lawyers,judges . Things will change and changing now.

We even have politicians here.

Things are going to change for the better in few years once amnesty is given and USA will be run that much better .

Racist people like you who think we can not add and subtract will be deported .
These hombres y senoras who are lawyers y judges - can they do anything to improve the quality of life and employment in Mexico? Or is it just easier to slide over here illegally and then cry at how we're treating you?

Please, make a change in your own country if Mexico is so fabulously bad. Instead of trying to justify why millions of lawbreaking Mexicans ought to be given U.S. amnesty, why don't you guys do your Million Mexican March in Mexico City to protest how crappy the Mexican government is. Do you have any idea how many people you have on your side, Mexican-Americans that have been educated here and understand how a competent economic infrastructure works? There are millions! Can't you export THAT manpower to Mexico, rebuild your own government, improve the Mexican economy and make a nation to which others will want to immigrate?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:27 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
Did any settlers in Mexico worry about the aztecs, Toltecs, mayans or any other native when the country was first taken over by the Spanish. In 1833 Santa Anna became president. However in 1835 American settlers in Texas rebelled. Santa Anna took the mission station of El Alamo, killing all the defenders. However the Mexican army was defeated at San Jacinto on 21 April 1836. As a result Texas became independent. The French ruled Mexico and the USA in 1865 demanded that the French leave Mexico and it Became a republic. So you see it was the USA that helped Mexico become a republic again. Mexicans cannot demand Texas to be part of Mexico as it was taken in a war between settlers and mexico, and Mexico was defeated. Similar to when Spain first took Mexico from the native Mexican.
To feel that anyone can just move into another country and not have to go through legal immigration is at best naive and at worst plain dumb. Mexico enforces it's borders and so does the USA. The problem is that very few people want to go to mexico to live and millions want to go to the USA. If there was no Border control the USA would become so saturated with outsiders that it would implode. If anyone wants to immigrate to the USA they MUST go through the legal process. Mexico doesn't allow illegal immigrants so why should America?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:30 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
I stand by it YOU ARE A RACIST. You said Mexican's could not add /subtract .
That is racist said by a racist LIKE YOU.
OK genius, can you please show me which post I said any of that?

And thanks for calling me a racist - I've been called worse by better than the likes of you.

P.S. I didn't say any of those things - so good luck finding those posts! I don't care if you can add or subtract, but you sure have a hard time keeping your accusations straight!

Old 08-15-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I stand by it YOU ARE A RACIST. You said Mexican's could not add /subtract .
That is racist said by a racist LIKE YOU.
Apparently the ones who are lucky enough to attend the Aztlan-style charter school can't. Their math curriculum is based on base 20. Their math scores were the lowest in CA. Is this a new trend? I mean, when you reconquistas 'take over' are you going to insist that all students learn base 20 math because that what the Aztecs used (or something like that)? It does not seem to me that would be real useful if the reconquista falls through. How would you make change and stuff?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I stand by it . It was a racist thing they said that Mexicans could not add/subtract thus they are a racist. Shoe fits wear it
First of all, I said that, not Donth8me
Second, the key word is 'if'

Old 08-15-2008, 04:38 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Quote:
Yes you can work here without being a citizen legally.
All you have to do is pay taxes. This is why amnesty is important.
Its not right to say no citizenship to those who contribute so much to America.

America should pay Mexico back taxes for CA-Texas and Arizona but since they do not amnesty is a step in right direction.
Oh little boy...your naivete is showing. It's sad really. Don't they teach history in Elementary school or are you one of those unfortunate souls attending Academia Semillas del Pueblo Charter School where faux Aztec principal Marcus Aguilar teaches his students Nauhatl while preaching his hate filled reconquista separatist agenda? (When it comes to the three R's, the Academia has some of the lowest test scores in the entire country)

Let me set you straight on a few important points.

1. My Native American ancestry is Apache. Before there were Mexicans in Texas, there were the Apache. Mexicans paid the white man to settle Texas and erradicate my people for them. When I hear that reconquista garbage, I feel it necessary to remind Mexican nationals that Texas belonged to my people long before they or their ancestors, the Spanish Europeans, ever arrived in this country.

2. As a concession to Mexico at the end of the war in 1848, the United States paid Mexico $10,000,000 cash and assumed some $3,250,000 more in claims of American citizens against the Mexican government. In return, Mexico was to cease any and all claims against California, Arizona, and New Mexico, and the Texas border was to be recognized as the Rio Grande river. (See the Treaty of Guadulupe Hidalgo and the Gadsen Purchase). This deal was ratified by Mexico's Senate 43-4.

3. The entire episode happened in less than one generation, which is about the length of time we as Americans expect legal immigrants and their families to assimilate. Remember, Mexico only owned land in the United States for little more than 24 years. Mexico lost the war. Not too many countries are paid for lands that are considered acquisitions of war. Mexico didn't pay Spain for the lands it acquired as a result of the Mexican war for Independence. In the eyes of many, they still got a pretty good deal when you consider the fact that the vast majority of land they gave up was uninhabited and unimproved ranch land at the time. The Mexican-American war ended in 1848, one hundred and sixty years ago. Mexico owned land in the U.S. for 24 years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that the whinning the reconquista crowd is doing over "stolen lands" is basically without foundation.

4. During the years that Mexico did own parts of the southwest, they were busy enslaving and killing off the North American Indians, whose DNA I share. So don't get up on your high horse and start preaching about how this continent belongs to you. There is no love lost between the Native Americans of North America and the Meso American Indians or the Mestizos. Your people, the Mexicans, paid $2.00 a pair for the ears of my people as well as paying for their scalps. So don't try to pretend a kinship that never existed and does not exist to this day.

Your people were just as instrumental in the destruction of the Southwest Native American way of life as the Europeans were. At least those of European extraction will admit that the European pioneers were responsible for the destruction of the Native Americans. Your people want to pretend some sort of kinship that doesn't exist while you try to take land that never belonged to you to begin with.

5. As Benicar stated in a prior post, the U.S. has already given amnesty many times, beginning with the 1986 Reagan amnesty at which time the American people were promised by elected officials that amnesty would never be an option again and that our immigration laws would be enforced.

1. The Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA) Amnesty of 1986 - the "one-time only" blanket amnesty for some 2.8 million illegal aliens.

2. Section 245(i) The Amnesty of 1994 - a temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens.

3. Section 245(i) The Extension Amnesty of 1997 - an extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994.

4. The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty of 1997 - an amnesty for nearly one million illegal aliens from Central America.

5. The Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA) of 1998 - an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.

6. The Late Amnesty of 2000 - an amnesty for approximately 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty.

7. The LIFE Act Amnesty of 2000 - a reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty to an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

And just because I'm a nice person, I'll throw in a little accounting lesson gratis.

The only way that FICA and withholding can be taken out of a person's salary is if that person has a taxpayer identification number, i.e.; a Social Security number or an ITIN.

If a person is in this country illegally, he cannot get a Social Security number legally. He can get an ITIN, but few illegal aliens do as that puts them squarely on the radar of the U.S. government.

So consequently, if an illegal alien is working and paying taxes in the United States of America, odds are good that he is using the Social Security number of a U.S. citizen without said citizen's knowledge or permission. I don't know about your upbringing, but my parents taught me that stealing is wrong and that those who do so are criminals.

So all that said, I'll leave you with a bit of wisdom. Crack a history book every now and then. Higher education is a wonderful thing.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:38 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
First of all, I said that, not Donth8me
Second, the key word is 'if'
Don't worry, let him "stand by it" - he's apparently used to "standing" by falsehoods and inaccuracies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration