Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt View Post
Mexico's morality? Morality? Are you serious? What does that mean?

Living in Arizona, I'm sure there are many problems with illegal immigration that Americans in other states can't really relate to, and I understand that, but you can't really mean that.
Morality means what it means.

So what is it with all the beheadings lately in Mexico? 12 decapitated bodies found just yesterday, now even women are being beheaded -- 2 in Durango today. and there were heads cut off in Sonora, just a few days ago Tijuana.

Morality includes what people as a nation do. Certainly the Nazis lacked a certain morality. Morality includes working to make your country a better, more just place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 05:37 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

So what is it with all the beheadings lately in Mexico? 12 decapitated bodies found just yesterday, now even women are being beheaded -- 2 in Durango today. and there were heads cut off in Sonora, just a few days ago Tijuana.

Morality includes what people as a nation do. Certainly the Nazis lacked a certain morality. Morality includes working to make your country a better, more just place.
Morality morality.. Let's see. Have you seen some of the more recent movies coming out in American movie theaters? Juno? American Pie series? Beheadings? The ones in Iraq have to do with morality?

You said it yourself its what "people as a nation do". Does everyone in Mexico behead people? I don't see how you can attribute the actions of a gang/cartel to the morality of the entire Mexico. That's quite ridiculous . "Hey did you hear about that Blood from L.A kill that Crip? That guy lacks morality, I bet you everyone in the U.S does the same thing." You are seriously full of yourself.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I'll clue you in on the argument. "If they weren't here that wouldn't have happened". The problem with that is about a billion things wouldn't of happened if that person never existed. See the problem with that argument?
I agree with where she was going with it, but every day with the horrible posts, I really think she enjoys it. I agree with you though and think we are on the same page

Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:

Ok, am I living in a different place? Have we not been hearing of all the sick **** that goes on here w/legal americans? How about what some of our soldiers have been doing overseas? Anyone see that video of that military guy who threw the puppy over the cliff? Jury is still out if that actually happened, but regardless. Sick individuals aren't exempt from the good ole U.S. Regardless if someone is legal or not, gross acts of violence are gross acts of violence, period.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:40 PM

I guess malamute hasn't heard the story of the man who killed a 13 month old baby because the baby "interrupted" his game. Or about the man who forced his young dauther to kill a cat. Either way, there are crazy people on both groups.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Morality morality.. Let's see. Have you seen some of the more recent movies coming out in American movie theaters? Juno? American Pie series? Beheadings? The ones in Iraq have to do with morality?

You said it yourself its what "people as a nation do". Does everyone in Mexico behead people? I don't see how you can attribute the actions of a gang/cartel to the morality of the entire Mexico. That's quite ridiculous . "Hey did you hear about that Blood from L.A kill that Crip? That guy lacks morality, I bet you everyone in the U.S does the same thing." You are seriously full of yourself.
They tolerate it. Look at the Nazis in Germany. They might not have all done the deed but they quietly went along with what was going on. Or they ignored it.

28 decapitations just this August in Mexico and when is enough enough? Apparently they caught 3 guys that did the Merida beheadings but the others?

Sometimes it takes a good leader such as a Martin Luther King and people will follow and help promote positive change.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
They tolerate it. Look at the Nazis in Germany. They might not have all done the deed but they quietly went along with what was going on. Or they ignored it.

28 decapitations just this August in Mexico and when is enough enough? Apparently they caught 3 guys that did the Merida beheadings but the others?

Sometimes it takes a good leader such as a Martin Luther King and people will follow and help promote positive change.
Mexicans tolerate gangs killing people? Do we as Americans tolerate our gangs killing people? I certainly don't, and I hope you don't as well. Afterall, what's fueling this drug war? Why are Mexican cartels trying to get their drugs to America? Supply and demand. And you have the guts to talk about Mexican society and low morals. Por favor.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 AM

In other words, instead of hiding under their beds or always pretending they know nothing, saw nothing, it's going to take people making a stand. Obviously no Mexicans living in the USA will be the salvation of their country, the fate of Mexico is in the hands of the people who will stay there, who care enough about it to stay.

Those packing their bags and demanding they be rewarded for having snuck into the USA will certainly be of no use to their country nor ours. It will take some with courage who will stick around and work for change - and if they don't exist then the fate of that country does not look too bright.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Mexicans tolerate gangs killing people? Do we as Americans tolerate our gangs killing people? I certainly don't, and I hope you don't as well. Afterall, what's fueling this drug war? Why are Mexican cartels trying to get their drugs to America? Supply and demand. And you have the guts to talk about Mexican society and low morals. Por favor.
If they really believe it's the fault of the USA, then why aren't they working to get up a border and some enforcement of it?

Sorry but that doesn't cut it -- a drug addict does not force a drug trafficker to sell drugs. Mexicans got into that from sheer greed, they did not care about the misery they brought many Americans who lost loved ones to drug addiction. Just like the crystal meth colored to look like candy that Mexicans are now pushing in our middle schools -- are they going to blame American kids for them trafficking that?

No -- Mexico did not become the biggest drug trafficking country because we forced them into it, they did that out of love of big easy drug money. Poisoning the people of another nation was from their own greed. Now it's karma turning on them.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
In other words, instead of hiding under their beds or always pretending they know nothing, saw nothing, it's going to take people making a stand. Obviously no Mexicans living in the USA will be the salvation of their country, the fate of Mexico is in the hands of the people who will stay there, who care enough about it to stay.

Those packing their bags and demanding they be rewarded for having snuck into the USA will certainly be of no use to their country nor ours. It will take some with courage who will stick around and work for change - and if they don't exist then the fate of that country does not look too bright.
If you haven't read the articles, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Mexicans are protesting.

Mexicans Protest Rise in Drug-Related Violence - washingtonpost.com

They are detesting the very thing that you think is "apart and accepted" as Mexican culture. And yet you have the anamosity to continue to deem this true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration