Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 02:00 PM

39 posts, read 74,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Ah yes generalize, like some here generalize they are all good honest people from a poor background. It isnt generalizing that they are illegal!!!! It isnt generalizing to say that if they are working and paying any taxes they are doing so on stolen ID's as non citizens cannot have SS#, it is not generalizing to say they use the system, evidence is the closing of too many hospitals to count and racking up unpaid hospital debts. I dont think many are paying 13000 dollar birth bills. I have never said they ALL commit crimes other than illegal entry. But do we really need more crime? And around here it isnt generalizing to say that the hispanic or mexican or however you prefer it to be said, neighborhoods are slums and crime ridden, gee considering most were not before all of them came says something, sorry seen it too many times to discount. And too hear thousands of accounts of the same thing over and over and over the country also leads me to believe it is widespread, otherwise so many americans wouldnt be downright ticked off..
I never said they were all good, honest people.

Lots of black people live in those areas also. How do you feel about them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Again, her ESL classes are almostempty she does 4 two hour classes a day, except for koreans. and it isnt about being fluent just learning some basics, and some do make the effort in school then again I have spoke to teachers that say they have a hard time getting the kids to want to do it, alot dont care. I dont have to have cable or satellite here to see and hear spanish. Those satellite channels are not here in America they are broadcast for the other countries. I havent seen any Arabic papers available or Korean or Italian or German and so on.

And what asking for information on greencards is that hard? Call the embassy or government and ask. numbers are listed.
Getting a green card is not as easy as you think.

And I agree with you, more people should be learning English.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
We lived and worked and did construction in Raleigh for two years, had yet to meet one that would speak spanish, other than the legal ones.
I've been working in the landscaping industry for three years now in Raleigh, and almost every Latino I've worked with speaks English in some form. And yet I realize that there's a problem with Latinos not learning English.

I 100% agree that more Latinos need to learn English, but I refuse to say that most do not.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
yep the "level headed" (cracks me up) are the ones that will bankrupt this nation. Sad really.
I am one of those "level headed" people. Nice of you to assume I'm bankrupting the nation.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Illegal aliens are here because they have broken the law. They knowingly entered our country in violation of US immigration law. I am putting them in the same boat and that boat says "US Laws Don't Apply To Me" on one side and "Bring On The Benefits!" on the other. It does not matter if they are mean or nice, lettuce picker or MS-13 gang member, short or tall. The bottom line is THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Here is what enough of them do that creates problems: Their very first action regarding a country they supposedly wish to embrace is to break our immigration laws and their second action is typically to purchase a stolen or forged ID (a felony). They then proceed to drive without a license or car insurance, live in crowded conditions that violate our housing codes.They deliberately have anchor babies paid for by the US taxpayer, as a matter of fact almost ALL medical care is covered by said taxpayer. They join gangs, drop out of HS, loudly demand rights and services reserved for Americans, march in our streets tying up traffic, burn our flag or fly it upside down. And these are people who only wish to live the American Dream? You could have fooled me.
These are people we are supposed to reward with US citizenship?
And it does not bother me on iota for you to call me racist or bigot. Got it, grasshopper?
"They"
You use that word frequently. And as far as me calling you racist, at least you're comfortable with who you are.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Good for your husband he sounds hard working and honest, I am sorry you recieve bad looks, there is no reason for that.
Thank you. I think when the "dirty look people" look at us all they see is another dirty mexican who's trying to take over. They don't see the man I love. The one that works full-time, goes to ESL classes AND attends college in the evenings. The one that sends money back to his family every month. The one that paid for his grandmother's dress when she was buried in November, but hurt deeply because he could not pay for the entire funeral and helped his brothers dig her grave. It hurts me deeply that they don't bother to try and understand.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,677,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
Thank you. I think when the "dirty look people" look at us all they see is another dirty mexican who's trying to take over. They don't see the man I love. The one that works full-time, goes to ESL classes AND attends college in the evenings. The one that sends money back to his family every month. The one that paid for his grandmother's dress when she was buried in November, but hurt deeply because he could not pay for the entire funeral and helped his brothers dig her grave. It hurts me deeply that they don't bother to try and understand.
I am sorry he went threw that. We are influenced by what we experience during our lives. We have been in construction for 20 years. We have lost jobs due to the illegals, we lost our business because we wouldnt hire them and couldnt compete with those businesses that did. We are still around them everyday, I get hasseled daily by them, dont even want to repeat what they say, but since I am female you might get the drift. 50 of accost you at Homedepot when my husband is picking up lumber. the argue with my husband at the jobsites, call him names and gringo and such, and proceed to ignore his instructions, which then means my husband has to put his bags on to fix it. We have lived in 4 states and have seen the mess, the neighborhoods, the theft ( husband caught them stealing his tools and materials) we have run across hundreds and hundreds that have no problem telling us what they think of us and our country. I know there are some that really are here for good intentions, but they have been few and far between in our case. I welcom all that want to come a be a legal part of this country. My ancestors came over starving with no money and were treated horribly, used as laborers, spit on, beatin or killed, were homeless with no help from anyone, but they assimulated and became productive americans. That is all we ask.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I never said they were all good, honest people.

Lots of black people live in those areas also. How do you feel about them?

I have issues with anyone citizen or not that uses our system and treats their neighborhoods like dumping grounds. This isnt about race, has nothing to do with it, it is about alot of illegals, treating america like crap.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I am one of those "level headed" people. Nice of you to assume I'm bankrupting the nation.
Helping illegals and supporting and hiring them is going to bankrupt our nation, unless you are willing to take on their debt personally. I think it is like 10 billion a year, or more.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I've been working in the landscaping industry for three years now in Raleigh, and almost every Latino I've worked with speaks English in some form. And yet I realize that there's a problem with Latinos not learning English.

I 100% agree that more Latinos need to learn English, but I refuse to say that most do not.
If most did, we wouldnt need all the spanish translators and spanish forms and signs and press one for english!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration