Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2007, 06:19 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,774,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleaholvera View Post
I am not sure how you could compare a horrific violent crime that destroys thousands of people's lives every year to an illegal immigrant. And honestly, it offends me and I'm pretty sure it would offend many who have been raped.

If he had been detained he would not have been deported immediately because he did not cross illegaly. The United States Government gave him a green card, he went through a *legal process* to get it.

You are lumping him into a group of people who use the system and take our government for granted. I'm not saying these people don't exist. I want them gone too. But, I take offense that you somehow assume my husband is one of them.
I may have picked the wrong crime to use but my point is a crime is a crime no matter how minimal. And over staying a visa is a crime ! And what may I ask makes him so special? And I did not assume your husband was one of them, you told us he was by over staying his visa. And it doesn't matter if he crossed legal or not, he still over stayed his visa ! And probably the only reason he was not deported was because he married an American citizen and that is why I asked you if this was one of those marriages just to get a card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Nope. Those make me sick however. My husband is a beautiful person. When I had a tumor removed from my breast in January of 2006, I woke up at 1:30 in the morning,he had his arms around me whispering "Te Amo, Te Amo, Te Amo". That means "I love you" in Spanish.
I's sorry about the tumor, but that has nothing to with this, and before you jump my but$....one of my kids has had cancer so I know about it. It's not a nice thing to go through.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 AM

39 posts, read 74,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I may have picked the wrong crime to use but my point is a crime is a crime no matter how minimal. And over staying a visa is a crime ! And what may I ask makes him so special? And I did not assume your husband was one of them, you told us he was by over staying his visa. And it doesn't matter if he crossed legal or not, he still over stayed his visa ! And probably the only reason he was not deported was because he married an American citizen and that is why I asked you if this was one of those marriages just to get a card.
He's special in the same way your spouse is.

Nope, he could have gotten his papers without me.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:35 AM

39 posts, read 74,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I's sorry about the tumor, but that has nothing to with this, and before you jump my but$....one of my kids has had cancer so I know about it. It's not a nice thing to go through.
Just giving you an example of how much he loves me, that's all.

I'm truly sorry about your child. I hope everything works out okay. My mom's a survivor herself and is a member if a prayer ring for cancer support. I'll mention you and your child.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Just giving you an example of how much he loves me, that's all.

I'm truly sorry about your child. I hope everything works out okay. My mom's a survivor herself and is a member if a prayer ring for cancer support. I'll mention you and your child.
Thanks, he is doing real good now and we pray that he always will....

Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,474,991 times
[quote=dusesean1986;329531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;329201

Instead they spread around their mess with gangs, graffitti, etc.

And from what I've seen, the blacks and hispanics fight each other!!!

QUOTE]

Your ignorance is quite visible.
I'm thinking it is your ignorance that is visible. Ever live in a city with lots of illegal immigrants? and did you go to their neighborhoods? You may want to have that experiance first.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didisandy View Post
you guys many years ago were immigrants,too!

Did you get native Americans permit to come here???
This is the weakest argument in the world. The immigrants of yesterday dreamed of being American. They assimilated. They did not whine and cry that we catered to their culture, their language. They did not burn our flag or fly it up side down under theirs. My Italian relatives that immigrated would not let their children learn Italian until they knew English. From the time they were born they only spoke English in front of their children and to their children. AND most importantly the immigrants of yesterday were loyal to America because they were grateful to become a part of the American dream. We were a powerful country because we were a united country.

All the immigrants of today have NO loyalty to this country, have no intention to assimilate. A country divided is a weak country and a target. Get it?

….also we better get those Indians on the ball because many tribes used to war on each other for hunting lands. There must be some tribe out there that are due reparations from another tribe.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:21 AM

143 posts, read 415,843 times
As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 427,652 people, 140,079 households, and 97,915 families residing in the city. The racial makeup of the city was 50.17% White, 8.36% Black or African American, 1.58% Native American, 11.23% Asian (mostly Hmong), 0.14% Pacific Islander, 23.36% from other races, and 5.16% from two or more races. 39.87% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

This is where I live.

I like Mexicans, I spent my summers in high school working in a fruit packing plant at my father's company. Only two others out of the 18 co-workers in my immediate area spoke English. One had got caught trying to cross the Tijuana fence 13 times before he made it. Most came over in the night once they heard that Regean was going to give anyone here citizenship. Another one had married a lesbian Mexican for money, so she could come over as well.

I could go on and refute every logical reason for illegeal immigration that has been brought up. However, I won't. I will say though that the argument "they do the jobs we won't" is utterly not true. For those of you who have not grown up in an agricultural oriented community those jobs "no one else will do" ARE THE BACKBONE OF THE ECONOMY. 20 years ago here high schoolers, college age kids, and lots of people did that kind of work. My friends older brothers did. Instead they take jobs from the young and lower wages for construction and other industries. Nothing good comes from illegeal immigration.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didisandy View Post
you guys were immigrants many years ago!!!!
Did you have the permit of the native Amerian?

Hey I think I have my permit. Mother Italian, father Irish & Cherokee Indian but they weren't whiners and moved past the days of the indians and cowboys.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:50 AM

14 posts, read 45,770 times
So, are you prejudiced now? Do you think it's right to climb to the top and then pull the ladder up so no one else can climb up.

Assimilation is easy - forcing your standards on others - is un-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration