Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 04:44 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Illegality isn't good enough?
God forbid but maybe if Sassy became a victim of ID Theft, or any other outrageous crime by an illegal, she would be singing a different tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 02:20 PM

608 posts, read 923,998 times
This is an easily resolvable issue. Illegals are people living in the US that aren't here legally. Kind of speaks for itself doesn't it? Like any lawbreaker (regardless of their intentions) they need to be dealt with accordingly. Send them packing to their nation of origin immediatley! Personal feelings, race, reasons for coming here, etc don't merit ANY legitamate arguement. (So says the law) Until we as a nation can feed, educate, and employ all of our own US citizens: I feel that any argument pertaining to assisting illegals in the USA in both pointless and ridiculous.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:50 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Irrelevant.

If I was in Mexico illegally and got caught--------that would be my butt in a sling.

andreabeth is 100% correct: if a person is here illegally---------get out and stay out. We don't want their kind.
It is a good thing your thinking is not the majority of this country.
I have heard mention that some people had the same thought process as yourself, but changed their mind, they agree that they should not be here illegally like many of us do, but they changed their minds when they saw how they were being treated, so the more bashing of them, the more people come will come to their side.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It is a good thing your thinking is not the majority of this country.
I have heard mention that some people had the same thought process as yourself, but changed their mind, they agree that they should not be here illegally like many of us do, but they changed their minds when they saw how they were being treated, so the more bashing of them, the more people come will come to their side.
Irelevant:

The 'party' is over for the illegals.

Too with Wall Street, etc. imploding as we speak----------things are going to deteriorate even further for the above lawbreakers.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
God forbid but maybe if Sassy became a victim of ID Theft, or any other outrageous crime by an illegal, she would be singing a different tune.
I did have that happen a few years ago, it was not an illegal, she was a white us citizen, it was somewhat of a hassle, but the bank and the fraud department and the police got it all taken care of and it got my money back, thanks for asking though.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 AM

391 posts, read 872,895 times
sassy can you see there is no getting through to them? We won't change their narrow minds nor will they change our open minds

Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
sassy can you see there is no getting through to them? We won't change their narrow minds nor will they change our open minds
Remember what you just said...........as the economy becomes worse here in the USA--------our minds will 'narrow' even further towards the illegal immigrant lawbreakers.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:06 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Quote:
You think that you are open-minded?

Okey-dokey then.....

Old 09-26-2008, 10:11 AM

391 posts, read 872,895 times
Yeah we can thank our Gov't and banks for our economy. The ego the US has always had is now coming back to bite them in the hinny. They have mismanaged our money for so long we will soon be the 3rd world. As far as I see and reminding you can't change my mind those immigrants add to our economy but do not take away as much as you all think. Too frame your 2006 remark of their protest. Our economy suffered when they did not work. US citizens outraged because their favorite mexican resturant was closed that day. made no sense to me. If people hate mexico so much then why eat their great food?
Now my husband chose to work that day. He is guatemalan but a US citizen. But he is a workaholic like most I know.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:

Hi Chey,
I really don't care to change their minds, I don't think they have enough to give away.
I'm happy and I don't let that type rain on my parade
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration