Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:35 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,763,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
How many are needed?

If they have Mexican consulates here-why don't the Mexican illegal aliens who need assistance from the hurricane go to those consulates for aid. Afterall-they would be "safe" from deportation there and then their own government could foot the bill for it's citizens for a change. The Mexican government could provide them aid and then send them home to Mexico. Why the hell should American taxpayers have to pay for those here illegally again and again?

How many American consulates are in Mexico-does anyone know?
Its disturbing that it bothers you so much that Mexico has consulates here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 01:35 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,586,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Did they really spit in your face?? These are human beings going thru a tough time, therefore I do have sympathy for them. I really don't care if they're illegal or not.
Like you, I feel sympathy for these folks. Unlike you, though, I DO care if they're legal or not. The sympathy I feel does not negate the fact that these folks are not supposed to be here.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:36 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Tell me what justification Mexico has for having 47 Consulates in the US.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Tell me what justification Mexico has for having 47 Consulates in the US.
Who cares?

And those who do, why do you care?

Old 09-22-2008, 01:39 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,348,843 times
Quote:

Don't try to be cute and say things I never said. Where did I say that? I never said I am bothered that Mexico has consulates here and you know that. I said that I felt there are too many here and I have serious reservations as to why so many are needed. There is a big difference as to what I said and what you try to say I did. Stop trying to cause trouble and don't post false information about me.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Don't try to be cute and say things I never said. Where did I say that? I never said I am bothered that Mexico has consulates here and you know that. I said that I felt there are too many here and I have serious reservations as to why so many are needed. There is a big difference as to what I said and what you try to say I did. Stop trying to cause trouble and don't post false information about me.
Its not just you, many of you appear to be very alarmed at the presence of Mexican consulates.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Who cares?

And those who do, why do you care?
I care because I see it as yet another attempt to meddle and snoop in US affairs. I also think the main purpose of having 47 consulates here is to keep as many illegal alien Mexicans in the US as possible.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I care because I see it as yet another attempt to meddle and snoop in US affairs. I also think the main purpose of having 47 consulates here is to keep as many illegal alien Mexicans in the US as possible.
Snoop in US affairs? haha

So theyre sitting there with a telescope in between the blinds?
Doesn't the US approve of foreign consulates?

Old 09-22-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:

God only know what they are doing. Most likely plotting ways to bring more of their impoverished, poorly educated people here so they don't have to take care of them.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:00 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,604,266 times
Quote:

Can you name another country that interferes with our immigration policies? Is another country publishing pamphlets to assist illegal entry into this country? Has another leader stated "where there is a ________ there is _______?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration