Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:34 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times

Advertisements

Another SOB story of how we should feel sorry for them after they break our laws and spit in our face. I say, tough luck. Go home because we don't want you or care about your problems.

Undocumented workers fear asking for help after Ike | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

GALVESTON -- Elmer Martinez, 22, lost all his possessions in Hurricane Ike's storm surge. The restaurant where he worked is closed, and it may be weeks before he finds another job. That would make him like many Galveston residents, except for one important distinction: He is one of several thousand illegal immigrants living in a post-storm limbo, afraid they will be discovered by the squads of law enforcement officers now patrolling the streets and guarding the causeway entrance. Some of the undocumented immigrants are hesitant to leave the island, worrying they will not be allowed back. While they wait for work to resume, the financial assistance for housing and personal losses offered by government agencies is not available since they lack valid U.S. identity documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Another SOB story of how we should feel sorry for them after they break our laws and spit in our face. I say, tough luck. Go home because we don't want you or care about your problems.

Undocumented workers fear asking for help after Ike | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

GALVESTON -- Elmer Martinez, 22, lost all his possessions in Hurricane Ike's storm surge. The restaurant where he worked is closed, and it may be weeks before he finds another job. That would make him like many Galveston residents, except for one important distinction: He is one of several thousand illegal immigrants living in a post-storm limbo, afraid they will be discovered by the squads of law enforcement officers now patrolling the streets and guarding the causeway entrance. Some of the undocumented immigrants are hesitant to leave the island, worrying they will not be allowed back. While they wait for work to resume, the financial assistance for housing and personal losses offered by government agencies is not available since they lack valid U.S. identity documents.
Elmer: do us all a favor and get your sorry illegal butt out of my country..............hasta baby!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:05 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
If Elmer has lost “everything” -- he has nothing else to “lose” by returning home. He and others are here illegally, and now they don’t have jobs. There’s a simple solution……..go home!!!! Sorry, no sympathy here.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:

Sorry Elmer, thousands of US citizens are in your predictment of having lost everything and they should come first. Get in line with them or better yet, get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:30 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
While they wait for work to resume, the financial assistance for housing and personal losses offered by government agencies is not available since they lack valid U.S. identity documents.
A anchor baby is a easy loop hole for financial assistance.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:

Did they really spit in your face?? These are human beings going thru a tough time, therefore I do have sympathy for them. I really don't care if they're illegal or not.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Did they really spit in your face?? These are human beings going thru a tough time, therefore I do have sympathy for them. I really don't care if they're illegal or not.
Then said illegals need to be rounded up along with the rest of the flagrant lawbreakers and placed in guarded camps prior to deportation for the former.

Problem solved.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:44 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then said illegals need to be rounded up along with the rest of the flagrant lawbreakers and placed in guarded camps prior to deportation for the former.

Problem solved.
Tell me something, why is it everytime I or someone else on this forum who isn't completely hysterically judgemental towards illegals posts anything on here, you & others jump on our backs? It's kind of absurd & amusing at the same time.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Tell me something, why is it everytime I or someone else on this forum who isn't completely hysterically judgemental towards illegals posts anything on here, you & others jump on our backs? It's kind of absurd & amusing at the same time.
Simple: US citizens and green card holders come first; too, we as a people are sick and tired of a bunch of insolent lawbreakers who think the world owes them something.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:49 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
karfar, they dont need your pity. If you want to make a difference protest Mexico's resistance toward economic reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration