Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,584,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Do ya know what I'm sayin'?
I know EXACTLY what you're sayin', and I agree. But others might take you to task..."Your post doesn't say anything about CULTURE..it just shows that different societies operate by different rules, and have different concepts of what's right and wrong"

I agree with your analogy, but you'll never reach SOME of our members, I'm afraid..."Culture? That's all about FUN things, not BAD things"...if you get my drift.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
European illegals have a extreme sense of entitlement. They feel because they are European and a bit more educated they are automatically entitled to American citizenship. I have zero pity for them. Ireland has a robust economy and a labor shortage. I will not lose a bit of sleep when they are kicked out.
They have as many 'rights' as a brown illegal immigrant Mestizo from Oaxaca---------read that they need to leave the USA as well.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:23 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,112,495 times
Quote:
Culture has everything to do with it. Illegal aliens from south of the border come from a culture that differs significantly from that in the US. When they relocate to the US and see no reason to make any of the cultural adjustments necessary to live in the US, there are going to be problems.
Immigration from sob is a whole new animal.

Quote:
One young Mexican immigrant, Jose Hernandez, a 26-year-old carpenter, described the paradoxical culture shock he experienced on discovering that he had arrived in a Mexican community in East Los Angeles -- so self-contained that he could not even find anybody with whom he could practice speaking English. "When I first arrived in Tijuana I saw all these white faces, all these gringos," Hernandez said in Spanish. "I thought, 'That's what it must be like in the United States.' Then I came to East Los Angeles and I never see a white face."
The Social Contract - Current Hispanic Immigration Is Unique in U.S. History

Old 09-23-2008, 01:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,489,961 times
Quote:
There is no finer example of this cultural disconnect than Bianca G. Just read some of the stuff she writes.

Last edited by andreabeth; 09-23-2008 at 02:15 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 01:37 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,765,778 times
Quote:
European illegals have a extreme sense of entitlement. They feel because they are European and a bit more educated they are automatically entitled to American citizenship. I have zero pity for them. Ireland has a robust economy and a labor shortage. I will not lose a bit of sleep when they are kicked out.
Funny that the Irish should be looking to slide in under the radar when you consider that they recently voted to revamp their immigration laws and do away with birthright citizenship (one parent must be a citizen).

Irish, Polish, Martian, or Mexican--if you want to be here, do it legally. Otherwise, stay home!

Old 09-23-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Funny that the Irish should be looking to slide in under the radar when you consider that they recently voted to revamp their immigration laws and do away with birthright citizenship (one parent must be a citizen).

Irish, Polish, Martian, or Mexican--if you want to be here, do it legally. Otherwise, stay home!
Ireland is also having their own problems with legal and illegal immigration. Ireland is a small country with a small population. They're too fragile to accept scores of new immigrants. I think the European Union will be the death of their nation.

Last edited by High Springs Gator; 09-23-2008 at 02:27 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
There is not finer example of this cultural disconnect than Bianca G. Just read some of the stuff she writes.
I think of this saying when Bianca speaks

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts

Old 09-23-2008, 02:24 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,584,808 times
Quote:
I think of this saying when Bianca speaks

Truly an example of a "backward nation", in every sense.....beware, indeed.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:09 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,432,594 times
Quote:
I might not side with amc760 opinion on all things, but he does not deserve harassment or disrespect; He is always civil on all debates.
I guess if you don't count him calling me ignorant trash without any provocation from me you would be right. I had been ignoring his deliberate stalking and harrassment that entire day prior to this occurrence. Sorry he is by no means innocent of harrassment and name calling when you criticize the corrupt culture of mexico and its people. I have to strongly disagree.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I guess if you don't count him calling me ignorant trash without any provocation from me you would be right. I had been ignoring his deliberate stalking and harrassment that entire day prior to this occurrence. Sorry he is by no means innocent of harrassment and name calling when you criticize the corrupt culture of mexico and its people. I have to strongly disagree.
No problem JDubs. I must have missed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration