Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:30 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,649,088 times

Advertisements

Mass deportation to a country or our choice. Canada has a lot of land they're not doing much with.

How about citizenship for service? Serve a specified number of years in any branch of our armed forces, get naturalized citizenship? (prove you'll defend the country before you are allowed in-males and females!)

Old 10-22-2008, 01:36 PM

50,480 posts, read 47,192,013 times
[quote=AuxEtoiles;5806012]If an illegal immigrant is working, which the vast majority are, then they are definitely working hard. They don't come here to relax.

You are kidding right? Usually only one works as the other is home with family. Free social services allows this. In many cases an older sibling does play Mom but if the huge number at my school picking up and dropping off kids is any example both don't work.

Not all of them use fraudulent IDs. Those that do generally work in places like factories (the kinds that have been getting raided lately) and stores. Most work in occupations similar to and including farms and housing (cleaning, building, gardening, etc.), where they may not need an ID to work. This type of work is often on an informal basis where the employers usually know they are here illegally.quote]

If they don't have a fake id then chances are they are getting paid untaxed. Let me see here, using free social services but not paying wage taxes. WOW

Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 PM

50,480 posts, read 47,192,013 times
Every person robbing a bank or running out of a convenience store with stolen items has an excuse too.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,337,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Every person robbing a bank or running out of a convenience store with stolen items has an excuse too.
Pretty amazing that those who break the laws and refuse to play by the rules always seem to have some reason to justify their actions, huh?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:02 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,109,235 times
How much more compassion should we give

By 2040 White Americans will become a minority. And how. Because of unchecked massive criminal illegal immigration from SOB and 3rd world birth rates. At the same time Mexico will preserve its homogeneous majority Mestizo, Indian population and culture. We are being manipulated to commit voluntary ethnic suicide through guilt manipulation.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:06 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,756,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I used to be strictly anti-illegal immigration, even wanted to kick them all out of the country, put them in jail, separate and tear families apart, etc. But after really evaluating the situation on a variety of fronts, including economical, religious, socially, morally, etc, I have come to the conclusion that the solution to the problem does not lie on either spectrum (complete pro or complete anti), rather it lies in the middle.

The biggest obstacle to overcome in my opinion is assimilation. Before we allow anyone to permanently live in our country, assimilation is a must factor. Anyone wanting to live in this nation MUST learn English, no if's and's or but's. Anyone wanting to work, pay taxes, or communicate with anyone outside their own home needs to have some basic understandings of our language. It may not be the official language of the land, but it is the de facto language of the land and must be respected. Much of the animosity towards those of Hispanic origins who are illegal is their lack of communication abilities with the rest of us.

Also, when allowing these people to live here permanently, they must have no criminal background whatsoever with the exception of them living here illegally.

Now, many of you are going to dislike what I am saying here, however it is very inhumane, and very anti-American to just deport millions of people and ruin their lives. No, it is not fair that they are here. No, they do not have a right to be here. But the fact of the matter is that most of these people are hard workers who are just trying to escape a life that did not treat them very well to a life that is better for them and their families. It is time to show a little compassion, but be very firm. We want these people to succeed and live decent lives, but they must follow our laws, pay our taxes, speak our language, and become accustomed to our culture. To do anything otherwise would (and is) creating a situation similar to that in Quebec where a portion of the population wants nothing to do with the rest of the country. This is not good for our future or the health of this country. These people are also a drain on many of our resources as of current.

Much more could be added to any plan, but to completely kick them out of the country is a very illogical decision in my humble opinion.
What the hell happened to you? LOL, i can't believe i'm reading this from you..unless i've confused you with a different poster.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,168,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
How much more compassion should we give

By 2040 White Americans will become a minority. And how. Because of unchecked massive criminal illegal immigration from SOB and 3rd world birth rates. At the same time Mexico will preserve its homogeneous majority Mestizo, Indian population and culture. We are being manipulated to commit voluntary ethnic suicide through guilt manipulation.
My putative 'White guilt' up and died in May 2006 after watching those illegal immigrant 'rights' rallies.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,930,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Deportation through attrition.

I should run for office.
You've certainly got my vote! (you redneck you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxEtoiles View Post
These people would love to come legally. Trust me on this, if on nothing else. They would come the right way if it did not take decades between the submittal of an application and approval of entry to the United States on a visa.
It took me 3 weeks from submission of application to my first (and only) interview. After that, 6 weeks later, they said "Come on down!". Why? Because I was /am skilled, educated, and passed the English language and American History tests (they really weren't difficult!). And exactly 5 years later I applied for, and was granted, US citizenship. There. Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
That's no F#@$*** Excuse! That's all you can do is come up with excuses for them. No excuse is exceptable.
Now now mkf; calm yourself. AuxEtoils puts down some nice touchy-feely conceptual stuff. If you're not open to such suggestions then you're obviously a tight-ass redneck! Be nice! Trouble with his program is, excusing the past and using it as a model for future policies is just going to make the problem worse than it already is. That possible?

I'm all for a hard-nosed enforcement of our country's existing laws. Else why have them? I also hate the sound of lawbreakers snickering in the background as we in-fight!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:36 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Interesting photo i found. Show the effect of passing CIR (cough...amnesty...cough)

http://www.offensivestuff.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/illegal_aliens.JPG (broken link)

Old 10-22-2008, 03:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,168,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Interesting photo i found. Show the effect of passing CIR (cough...amnesty...cough)

http://www.offensivestuff.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/illegal_aliens.JPG (broken link)
Put that sign up in Spain and see the reactions there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration