Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:22 PM

307 posts, read 522,670 times

Advertisements

Please answer these 3 questions in bold.

And after America grants a SECOND amnesty what do you expect those in other countries to do as far as immigrating to America Illegaly?
1) Stay in our thier own country.
2) Run for the US. Brake every law they need to get into America. Get their rear end in, because they will have another Amnesty in another few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Now, many of you are going to dislike what I am saying here, however it is very inhumane, and very anti-American to just deport millions of people and ruin their lives.
What’s inhumane about it. Every year we deport (imprison) hundreds of thousands of people (criminals) in our prisons because they broke a law (robbery, drug dealing, etc). Should we stop putting criminals in jail because it brakes up families and ruins lives? And at least they are LEGAL citizens.

Quote:
No, it is not fair that they are here. No, they do not have a right to be here. But the fact of the matter is that most of these people are hard workers who are just trying to escape a life that did not treat them very well to a life that is better for them and their families. It is time to show a little compassion, but be very firm.
There are a BILLION people around the world who are hard workers and trying to find a better way of life. Why should we let these people in and not half the country of Cambodia who I assure you have it far worse then most of the Illegals who come here?

Random

Last edited by RandomU; 10-20-2008 at 02:42 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 02:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Looking at just the economy alone: we need to buckle down and close/lock at least our southern border.

As for birthright citizenship: eliminate it for any new Anchor Babies born after an arbitrary date but []grandfather in[/i] the existing ones. Just that the illegal immigrant parents would still face deportation and, needless to say, in most cases the legal Anchors would leave with them.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:24 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,341,182 times
I have compassion for those who came here legally and even more compassion for those who are currently waiting in line and doing it the right way-only to be cut in line by lawbreaking illegal aliens.

I have compassion for Americans who lose jobs to illegal aliens. I have compassion for those American's whose wages have been supressed because of cheap illegal labor. I have compassion for American children whose education suffers because the US is forced to educate illegal aliens and anchor babies.

I have compassion for the 12 Americans who are killed daily by illegal aliens. I have compassion for the Americans who have been raped, robbed, etc. by illegal aliens who have no right to be here.

I have compassion for Americans who have been the victims of ID theft or fraud. And there are plenty.

For illegal aliens, I do not have any compassion. They could play by the rules but all we hear from them is that it is too difficult or it takes too long to come here legally. Boo Freakin Hoo.Plenty of legal immigrants wait in line and make the sacrifice-they are the ones that I have compassion for.

Seal the border, cut off all freebies and jobs and stop the disgusting misinterpretaion of the 14th amendment. Most illegal aliens will go home on their own and companies will have to actually pay higher wages and compete for American workers.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM

877 posts, read 2,080,112 times
I think a vast majority of the illegal immigration problem can be solved by requiring proof of legal residency for any and all government benefits.

Birth certificate, government ID, green card, or visa required for:
food stamps
welfare
drivers license
health care (proof of insurance or income is fine too, we encourage foreigners to enter our markets!)
social security disability
unemployment
etc.

Anyone who works and can afford to live here will stay. Anyone who depends on the handouts of the government will be forced back to their home country.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Aaron, I really admire your compassion. But having lived amongst illegals as you have said, did you not notice a few things about the great majority of them? They already don't much care about the law, and I don't think they are going to take your guidelines very seriously, either.

I have lived and worked and provided care amongst these people for years. They have their good and bad points, and not all of them are the same. But the overwhelming sentiment I got from most of them is that they think the rest of y'all are a bunch of chumps that they're going to milk for whatever they can get.
That's precisely what they are doing.......milking us dry. They are abusing our social services, while they send billions to their countries of origin, build homes (sometimes mansions), and start businesses back home.

Yes, they do indeed consider us "chumps." They also consider legal immigrants "suckers." I have heard this sentiment expressed on numerous occasions; which is one reason I feel nothing but utter contempt for illegals. They are parasitic ingrates. For the umpteenth time, we owe them NOTHING.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:23 PM

50,489 posts, read 47,262,476 times
WOW, this post nails it! I agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Did I simply say we needed to kick them all out?

Here are your compassionate solutions.

1. Clarify the Fourteenth Amendment. It was ratified to give citizenship to the children of slaves, not foreign nationals. No tempting birthright American citizenship, less pregnant foreign nationals of EVERY ethnicity coming into America in order to give birth to an American citizen.

2. Heavily fine and imprison all employers found to have illegal aliens in their employ.

3. No more benefits for illegal aliens. No citizenship--no WIC, no Medicare, no food stamps, no Section 8 housing, no medical care unless a life threatening emergency is in progress. No more freebies at the expense of American taxpayers--no more impetus to come to the U.S. illegally to live at the expense of hard-working citizens.

4. Legal residency must be proven before bank accounts can be opened and/or homes can be purchased or rented.

5. In this computer generation, it is ridiculous to believe that identity theft by Social Security number cannot be tracked. Hold accountable the thieves stealing American identities in order to work illegally in this country.

Five simple steps and Voila! Deportation through attrition and Border Patrol doesn't have to raise a finger. Rewarding lawless behavior is a ridiculous proposition and only opens the door to more lawbreakers hoping for the same reward.

As for the nonsense about the poverty and starvation SOB--I'll grant that many of their citizens go without. But there are millions upon millions of people in this world that are far worse off than Mexico's citizens, yet because they do not share a border with the United States, their ability to pick up and go is nil. We have plenty of people in this country who are living in abject poverty--Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and the Appalachias come to mind. Where is their compassion?

What about the 2,500 children who will die today in Africa? What about those who will die tomorrow? And the next day, and the next day...ad infinitum. They're dying of starvation and its related conditions--why not bring them to the U.S.--providing of course, that this is truly all about compassion.

But we all know that compassion isn't the methodology behind illegal immigration. It's all about the bottom line--greed. It's mighty convenient having an entire segment of the population who are here illegally, who will work for bargain basement wages and not complain because they fear deportation.

The Reagan Amnesty in 1986 promised that our borders would be secured, our laws enforced, and that the American people would never have another Amnesty shoved down our throats. Call it what you will, but "Compassionate Immigration Reform" is nothing more than Amnesty--a wolf in sheep's clothing.

If "Compassionate Immigration Reform" is enacted, then we all know the drill from there. Corporate America will still require its slave labor. We will suddenly be forced to incorporate 20 million mostly poor and illiterate new citizens into our infrastructure, while our borders remain as porous as they are today. After all, we can't deprive all of those struggling conglomerates of their serfs now can we?

Mexico is the 16th richest country in the world. If all of its people weren't busy trying to live off of the American taxpayer's dime, perhaps they could actually accomplish something toward fixing their own country instead of coming here and becoming a burden on society in ours.

Wake up.

There is no such thing as true compassionate immigration reform. The laws that are in place to regulate our borders and the number of people allowed into this country during any given period of time work just fine if they are enforced.

Anything other than deportation through attrition rewards those who flaunt our sovereign laws. If you can't see the flaws in allowing lawbreakers to be rewarded with a pathway to citizenship, then we might as well end this discussion now.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:32 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,820,547 times
Quote:
I used to be strictly anti-illegal immigration, even wanted to kick them all out of the country, put them in jail, separate and tear families apart, etc. But after really evaluating the situation on a variety of fronts, including economical, religious, socially, morally, etc, I have come to the conclusion that the solution to the problem does not lie on either spectrum (complete pro or complete anti), rather it lies in the middle.

The biggest obstacle to overcome in my opinion is assimilation. Before we allow anyone to permanently live in our country, assimilation is a must factor. Anyone wanting to live in this nation MUST learn English, no if's and's or but's. Anyone wanting to work, pay taxes, or communicate with anyone outside their own home needs to have some basic understandings of our language. It may not be the official language of the land, but it is the de facto language of the land and must be respected. Much of the animosity towards those of Hispanic origins who are illegal is their lack of communication abilities with the rest of us.

Also, when allowing these people to live here permanently, they must have no criminal background whatsoever with the exception of them living here illegally.

Now, many of you are going to dislike what I am saying here, however it is very inhumane, and very anti-American to just deport millions of people and ruin their lives. No, it is not fair that they are here. No, they do not have a right to be here. But the fact of the matter is that most of these people are hard workers who are just trying to escape a life that did not treat them very well to a life that is better for them and their families. It is time to show a little compassion, but be very firm. We want these people to succeed and live decent lives, but they must follow our laws, pay our taxes, speak our language, and become accustomed to our culture. To do anything otherwise would (and is) creating a situation similar to that in Quebec where a portion of the population wants nothing to do with the rest of the country. This is not good for our future or the health of this country. These people are also a drain on many of our resources as of current.

Much more could be added to any plan, but to completely kick them out of the country is a very illogical decision in my humble opinion.
Aaron, you are not alone in switching sides on immigration. I used to be pro-amnesty and pro-illegal. Pretty much after i graduated from HS (which had a lot of illegals as classmates) and i got out into the real world, I saw things i didnt see in HS. I saw what an area filled with illegal aliens looks like, it sure as h^$% aint pretty. I saw the lack of appreication that illegals have for everything we are giving them. I saw that the majority of illegals were only here for the benefits without being willing to do the hard work to EARN them. In short, i saw how much of a nusiance illegal aliens are to this country. I just think that it is wrong to give amnesty to people to have little to no love for the US and the blood that was shed and the people who died to make it great.

We tried it once in 86. Those who dont learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Aaron, you are not alone in switching sides on immigration. I used to be pro-amnesty and pro-illegal. Pretty much after i graduated from HS (which had a lot of illegals as classmates) and i got out into the real world, I saw things i didnt see in HS. I saw what an area filled with illegal aliens looks like, it sure as h^$% aint pretty. I saw the lack of appreication that illegals have for everything we are giving them. I saw that the majority of illegals were only here for the benefits without being willing to do the hard work to EARN them. In short, i saw how much of a nusiance illegal aliens are to this country. I just think that it is wrong to give amnesty to people to have little to no love for the US and the blood that was shed and the people who died to make it great.

We tried it once in 86. Those who dont learn history are doomed to repeat it.
Suffice to say: I used to be less anti illegal--------but, the marches in May 2006 caused my attitude to harden againt 'em.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Suffice to say: I used to be less anti illegal--------but, the marches in May 2006 caused my attitude to harden againt 'em.
Ditto! And I continue to harden with each illegal alien "demand” and refusal to leave.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,333,442 times
Most of these illegals come here with a "rape and pillage" mentality. They move in and start tagging up buildings with gang signs. They show no desire to become Americans. Instead they put up flags from the countries they came from, like Mexico, El Salvador, and Hondorus. They live as if they did in their own nation, and then they look at Americans walking down the street, like me, as if WE DONT BELONG here!
They are savages and they do not deserve compassion. What they do deserve is a one way trip back south of the border, where they belong.
And these businesses that hire them need to be boycotted. I guess I wont be eating at Applebees. But the biggest employers here on Long Island are landscaping and contracting companies. Unfortunately most ppl dont like America enough to pick up a rake and instead they hire a rickety truck with illegals stacked up in there to do their lawn. Long Islanders are the ultimate traitors for hiring these roaches in the first place.
I have no sympathy for them. Not when they come here and show no respect for our neighborhoods!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration