Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 12:57 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,426,119 times

Advertisements

Washington, DC—The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) hailed today’s announcement by President-Elect Barack Obama that Cecilia Muñoz will become the Director of Intergovernmental Affairs in his administration. Muñoz currently serves as Senior Vice President for NCLR’s Office of Research, Advocacy, and Legislation.

“I am deeply honored and very heartened that one of the Obama Administration’s first Latino appointments is someone who has so ably served this organization and the Latino community with dedication and distinction for more than 20 years,” stated Janet Murguía, NCLR President and CEO.

“Cecilia leaves a legacy of advocacy and accomplishment virtually unmatched in the Latino community, and we will miss her greatly,” continued Murguía. “But I can say with absolute certainty that no one will work harder for her country and for the ideals and priorities of the Obama Administration. We congratulate her and salute President-Elect Obama for this inspired appointment.”

“We hope to see more Latino appointments in the upcoming weeks,” concluded Murguía.

National Council of La Raza: NCLR Hails Appointment of Cecilia Muñoz to White House Staff (http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/54924/ - broken link)

Gee I wonder which country is HERS? With each racist he appoints, Obama's treasonous globalist views are being confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 01:01 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,760,246 times
Obama is a really smart guy.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:09 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,290,048 times
Great news!

Old 11-28-2008, 01:24 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,657,411 times
Obama is a politician, not the messiah many have heralded and as such he is going to scratch backs so to speak. In other words, it is payback time in DC and those that helped bring in the (possibly) fraudulant (illegal) hispanic votes will be gifted with appointments.
It remains to be seen if Obama can give the biggest gift of all -- Amnesty.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:30 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,212,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Obama is a politician, not the messiah many have heralded and as such he is going to scratch backs so to speak. In other words, it is payback time in DC and those that helped bring in the (possibly) fraudulant (illegal) hispanic votes will be gifted with appointments.
He will not be able to even speak of amnesty in an economy that will be even worse 9 months from now.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Agreed. When I saw Dickie Daley, Chicago's IA sanctuary king at the democratic convention rooting Obama on to victory, I instantly knew that the illegal alien voting machine would play a huge part in any victory that he received. No matter how many racist IA huggers Obama appoints to his cabinet, the economy and the voice of the American people will continue to be the voices of common sense and the killers of any form of amnesty.

If he needs a dose of reality, Obama needs only to acknowledge that thanks to the soaring illegal alien crime rates Chicago is known as the reigning champs at being the best in the graffiti removal industry, and has retained its title of Murder Capital of the US for 3 consecutive years.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-28-2008 at 01:39 PM..

Old 11-28-2008, 01:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,256,564 times
So the question begs to be asked. Is Obama really about change or is he just another Party hardliner with a great sales pitch?
I will give him a fair chance but the gut is screaming same ole same ole.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So the question begs to be asked. Is Obama really about change or is he just another Party hardliner with a great sales pitch?
I too was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, we are definitely on the same page, and equally stumped in terms of what he is really doing.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:59 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,681,223 times
this is good news!!!

such ignorant posters!!!

why must you question someones loyalty based on a last name?
do you know what this woman has done? do you know what her qualifications are? how long her family has been here? as a citizen appointed by obama, why would her loyalty be anywhere other than the US?

OH, right that does not matter. she is LATINO and obviously AN ENEMY OF THE STATE.

some of the worst prejudices have been written in these forums. when will it ever stop?

anyhow, this is good news. i trust our future leader. as for the assertion that his appointees are racist... give me a break.
besides NCLR is not a racist org. remember latinos come in ALL races.

do better please. if all you can do is question a persons qualifications based on their last name or cultural background, then you are an ignorant and prejudiced poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Washington, DC—The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) hailed today’s announcement by President-Elect Barack Obama that Cecilia Muñoz will become the Director of Intergovernmental Affairs in his administration. Muñoz currently serves as Senior Vice President for NCLR’s Office of Research, Advocacy, and Legislation.

“I am deeply honored and very heartened that one of the Obama Administration’s first Latino appointments is someone who has so ably served this organization and the Latino community with dedication and distinction for more than 20 years,” stated Janet Murguía, NCLR President and CEO.

“Cecilia leaves a legacy of advocacy and accomplishment virtually unmatched in the Latino community, and we will miss her greatly,” continued Murguía. “But I can say with absolute certainty that no one will work harder for her country and for the ideals and priorities of the Obama Administration. We congratulate her and salute President-Elect Obama for this inspired appointment.”

“We hope to see more Latino appointments in the upcoming weeks,” concluded Murguía.

National Council of La Raza: NCLR Hails Appointment of Cecilia Muñoz to White House Staff (http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/54924/ - broken link)

Gee I wonder which country is HERS? With each racist he appoints, Obama's treasonous globalist views are being confirmed.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:04 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,681,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
as a politician i think obama is gunna do what everyother person who has become president has done. appoint people they know. they have all done it. its been a good ole boys crew for decades and centuries and generations. its nothing new.

what gives me hope is that the people he appoints, while being friends of his, are also some pretty smart people. he is putting together a pretty good team to deal with economic issues and global issues.

so, even tho he might be doing more of the same in terms of appointments, his appointees are not of the same mindframe of those appointed by bush or any other man before him.

hes using he same medium, but with a different message...
at least i hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration