Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:04 PM

16,086 posts, read 41,267,174 times

Advertisements

I don't think anybody here has said Hispanics are all criminals. Illegals, however, ARE criminals and when there is a large majority, some laws are no longer enforced. Therefore no crime is reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 05:08 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,683,335 times
because the bandidos that left there came here.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:54 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,293,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If here legally; the 'Hispanics' are more than welcome to stay.

Illegals need to go away----------both Hispanic and otherwise!
That may be, but the claim that illegals are causing a crime wave is what is being challenged. The claim that illegals cause more crime than some of our own.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,241,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
That may be, but the claim that illegals are causing a crime wave is what is being challenged. The claim that illegals cause more crime than some of our own.
When factoring in ID theft etc.------------I can safely that close to 100% of all illegal alien adults (Hispanic or otherwise) are indeed criminals.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,293,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
When factoring in ID theft etc.------------I can safely that close to 100% of all illegal alien adults (Hispanic or otherwise) are indeed criminals.
Close..but we're talking about crime rates in a city. As the title of thread states, the "safety" of a city.

Talking about a very specific thing. We read all these compiled stories of illegals committing vicious crimes against Americans, the insinuation that illegals are making America less safe. And the OP presented some facts that might suggest otherwise.

I agree, any crime by an illegal is one too many. But could the level of crime being committed be getting exaggerated by some with an agenda?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,905,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
El Paso is safe b/c the drug lords make sure their share of the crime stays on the other side of the border (away from where they themselves live and away from U.S. cops). However, there is still a lot of petty crime in El Paso.

Austin is safe as long as you don't go into the heavily populated hispanic parts of town (southeast).
That's one of the little secrets of border towns. The drug cartel families very often live on the USA side where they feel the Ameican taxpayers can keep them safe but they do their business dealings in Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo.

Because of the border, they can commit their crimes on the Mexican side and then hightail it back to the USA and avoid justice. Same goes for the crimes like pedophilia. It's no accident that El Paso has an extraordinary number of pedophiles living there, but it's simply very easy to take a day trip over to Juarez where such crimes are not punished often.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,905,024 times
Quote:
There should be NO immigrants legal or illegal who come over here and commit crimes.

All potential immigrants should have very thorough background checks done. No one is denying that born citizens sometimes commit crimes but there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to import criminals.

Any illegal (or legal) drunk driving, driving without a license or insurance, raping, shoplifting, using fraudulent documents and so on is inexcusable.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:09 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,423,321 times
Quote:
Tijuana and Juarez are two of the busiest ports with the US, making them very important in the drug trade.

People have implied that Mexicans/Hispanics have a tendency for crime, but as you can see, that's just malarkey.

In the drug trade, like everything else, its location, location, location.

Much of Mexico isn't as dangerous as the areas the drug thugs take over (border cities, Sinaloa), and now they have since made a mess in famous resort cities like Acapulco.

Some of the major organizations moving drugs in Mexico are in complete disarray right now from having their leaders incarcerated, or killed. So right now, it's a huge power struggle that is going out of control.

The murders aren't random at all. They are pretty much orchestrated against each other, and the people involved with them, with unfortunately some people getting caught in the middle of the gunfire.
I so agree with your post.

Orlando, where I live, has a high crime rate and I believe it is made up of less than 20% Hispanic. I'm not Hispanic, but I work and live around many and I find it somewhat offensive to suggest they are more prone to commit a crime. I just don't find that to be true. Most are hard working and simply wonderful people.

Statistically less Hispanics have viable jobs so this always brings a tendency for burglary crime, which Orlando has more than their share of, but most crimes are either poverty related, drug related or youth related. This is a problem in every big city regardless of ethnic percentages.

I'm not saying there are no statistical correlations, but it just isn't fair to all the great Hispanics out there to be lumped in with all the junky losers.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:33 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,631,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's one of the little secrets of border towns. The drug cartel families very often live on the USA side where they feel the Ameican taxpayers can keep them safe but they do their business dealings in Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo.

Because of the border, they can commit their crimes on the Mexican side and then hightail it back to the USA and avoid justice. Same goes for the crimes like pedophilia. It's no accident that El Paso has an extraordinary number of pedophiles living there, but it's simply very easy to take a day trip over to Juarez where such crimes are not punished often.
That was once true but both sides of the border have started to crack down on the Cartels...They (Known cartel associates) pretty much have to hide now because they will be killed or arrested.

Let us hope that the Mexican and US Government uses military force against these cartels. The police on both sides of the border are ill equip to handle the cartels...

Anyways, despite the drug war going on in Juarez, El Paso is an amazingly safe city.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:43 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,241,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
That was once true but both sides of the border have started to crack down on the Cartels...They (Known cartel associates) pretty much have to hide now because they will be killed or arrested.

Let us hope that the Mexican and US Government uses military force against these cartels. The police on both sides of the border are ill equip to handle the cartels...

Anyways, despite the drug war going on in Juarez, El Paso is an amazingly safe city.
I strongly doubt that for historic reasons that Mexico would allow any number of armed US law enforcement or military personal into their nation----------short of a 'holocaust'.

The above stated: I would not put it past Nuevo Leon to 'authorize' Gringo force to step in if Mexico City fails in reign in the Zetas et al. Better foreign but professional soldiers, Marines, etc. vs. a bunch of flagrantly corrupt local yokels if push comes to shove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration