Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 01:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,269,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Be careful if you visit Spain----------the people there tend to look down upon Latin Americans for a number of reasons.
I have been to Spain at least 3 times in the 80's.Loved it. But if your shopping in the afternoon forget it.Shops close for afternoon siesta. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 03:47 PM

78 posts, read 139,310 times
Quote:
Be careful if you visit Spain----------the people there tend to look down upon Latin Americans for a number of reasons.
Really???? Uhhmmm, I am an american with some hispanic ancestry, have been several times to Spain, which I love, in more than one occasion I have benefited for being perfectly fluent in Spanish, because they look down upon americans...

Old 12-19-2008, 03:51 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,936,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
Really???? Uhhmmm, I am an american with some hispanic ancestry, have been several times to Spain, which I love, in more than one occasion I have benefited for being perfectly fluent in Spanish, because they look down upon americans...
They do not look down on all Americans. They also do not like illegals though. They also do not like arrogant people. I have seen some of them in this forum as of late. If you are of Mexican descent and Spanish as Mexicans do then you speak a bastardized version of Spanish, just as we in the this country speak a bastardized version of English.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,269,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
They look down upon americans? Oh snap. Oh Damn we need to change our ways. Spain looks down on americans...... Uhmmm Who cares????
Been there 3 times never had any issues what so ever. Its a norm for Europeans to look down upon former colonies.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:54 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,936,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
They look down upon americans? Oh snap. Oh Damn we need to change our ways. Spain looks down on americans...... Uhmmm Who cares????
Been there 3 times never had any issues what so ever. Its a norm for Europeans to look down upon former colonies.
It is no big deal at all. The guy is trying to act like he knows what he is posting about. he doesn't of course, but don't tell him that. LOLOLOL I have been there a few times myself and never had any problem at all and I look like a person of Mexican descent.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:14 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,480,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It is no big deal at all. The guy is trying to act like he knows what he is posting about. he doesn't of course, but don't tell him that. LOLOLOL I have been there a few times myself and never had any problem at all and I look like a person of Mexican descent.
.........I wonder what I'd look like down there?....In my younger days, if I grew a beard, I looked like Charles Manson.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Like you've ever been there.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Like you've ever been there.
Have you?

Not Spain admittedly; but, I have visited Europe-------------twice.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:21 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Have you?

Not Spain admittedly; but, I have visited Europe-------------twice.
Been to Barcelona. Didn't get to travel the continent, but have a friend who did.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,625,743 times
The Spanish (Spain) don't look down upon or Hate Mexicans or people from South America...it is a bit of a rivalry...but no hatred...Don't know where you get this from?

However, Most people from Spain (Europe in fact) do look down upon the United States...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration