Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should we assimilate illegal immigrants or deport them?
assimilate them into our country 7 19.44%
deport them 27 75.00%
don't care either way 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
First and foremost, they need to make the concerted effort to come here LEGALLY. They seem to have no problem spending multiple thousands of dollars to pay coyotes to bring them illegally. Thus, making it obvious that they can afford to come here legally but they simply have no respect for our laws or this country. The only pathway they deserve is one to the border that leads them back from whence they came.

To reward them with citizenship despite the fact that they have broken a multitude of laws to get here, and remain here "hiding in the shadows", with no background checks, no legitimate way of verifying who they truly are and despite those facts, put them in front of thousands who have done everything legally and are waiting their turn is NOT the answer.

Not only is it not the solution, but it's a slap in the face and a punch to the gut of all Americans, legal immigrants and would be legal immigrations who are held accountable for obeyance of every single law, rule and regulation.
Also..a higher percetage of those here Illegally, don't want to become Legal in the first place.
That's way they're will to pay more to get here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 05:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
The one that is more feasible.

However, I'd like to see all illegals who have committed violent crimes to be deported.
Just violent crimes? What about ID Theft? What about burglery? Dealing drugs?
I know where you are going. If the illegal in questions only crime is the illegal entry its a minor crime in the grand scheme of things. I agree that it is. I simply disagree that the crimes end there. Nearly impossible for that to be the only crime. Tax fraud/evasion etc.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,416,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Also..a higher percetage of those here Illegally, don't want to become Legal in the first place.
That's way they're will to pay more to get here illegally.
Agreed. For millions we are just a bunch of suckers to be used for whatever freebie they can obtain upon their arrival and for the duration of their illegal "visit".

Old 12-09-2008, 03:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
so far a clear majority of americans on this forum prefer that illegal immigrants be deported yet our politicians ignore the economics of illegal immigration. the election was not a fair test of immigration sentiment since both candidates were clearly for illegal immigration and there was no other option, so immigration was not even discussed by the media. i do not understand how an economic issue that impacts so many americans negatively (particularly the blue collar working class) can be ignored by our politicians as if it will go away on its own. our country is increasing its debt load at a time that it cannot afford to increase its debt load. we are going to have a stimulus package that will certainly benefit illegal immigrants and give them more incentive to stay, using american tax dollars but not illegal immigration dollars. that is taxation without representation!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,646,233 times
Mexican illegals are arrogant with a false sense of entitlement, ignorant and uneducated, filthy and disease ridden criminals. What American wants that to infest their country? We have enough of our own derelects to condend with, and definitely don't need millions more of that kind of "citizen". Deport the illegals of course. As well as the pro illegal crowd....since they love what these illegals represent so much, stands to reason they should cross over and try to "assimilate" into Mexico to be together. Have fun....

Old 12-10-2008, 11:10 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Mexican illegals are arrogant with a false sense of entitlement, ignorant and uneducated, filthy and disease ridden criminals. What American wants that to infest their country? We have enough of our own derelects to condend with, and definitely don't need millions more of that kind of "citizen". Deport the illegals of course. As well as the pro illegal crowd....since they love what these illegals represent so much, stands to reason they should cross over and try to "assimilate" into Mexico to be together. Have fun....

There are a lot more illegals than Mexican .
I do not agree at all that they are filthy,disease ridden criminals .
Yes there are some real bad criminals coming in now but most come for work but again they are illegal if you want to call them criminals due to that fine but a rapist is not same as someone looking for work.

I do agree illegal is illegal and we need to close our borders ALL the borders and for once actually follow up on expired visas.

Either way I have meet brigades of people here in S.Florida who are arrogant with a false sense of entitlement NONE are Mexican.

They are Cuban-El Salvador-Dominican-Colombian-Venezuelan-Peru.
I could tell you things you wouldn't believe.

# Many of the recent legal immigrants are no better they are even more arrogant and greater sense of "you owe me and I want things for free".

Last edited by Luiso; 12-10-2008 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration